Sign in to follow this  
MPR

Is there still hope for Hucks?

Just watched the highlights. Two things of interest:

1) Worthy said letters had gone out to all major shareholders asking them to dig deep if they wanted him
2) A**n Brazil said ''a little Canary'' had told him Hucks was going to see Keegan tomorrow and tell him he wanted to leave Man City and go to Norwich.

Is the plot thickening again?

If he does I will not be half as surprised as when he first joined us.

City''s offer will have been conditional on a ''take it now or not'' basis.

It will depend on how much Man City need to free up money, given that the remaining part of his contract will cost about £1.2m/£1.5m.

I seriously doubt there is any club in Div 1 who could afford that amount never mind a transfer fee on top or commit themselves to a further 18 months at around £6,000 a week plus - a total package of around £2.5m.

Note as both Wigan and Reading baulked at paying McKenzie''s personal terms there doesn''t appear to be an enormous number of clubs in this market.

I would also be surprised if any Premiership club will touch him as Man City could not afford to be so generous to a rival.

Though if Norwich are seen as desperate it will doubtlessly give them reason to believe they can flag Huckerby up in the transfer window.

How much then will Man City forego to cut their losses. ?

Transfer fee. Most likely. Pay off part of his contract - very likely, we''ve done it with Emblem and others.

I think what maybe the acceptable deal is that we make an offer to Huckerby of say £6000 of a week and Man City settle the difference over the remainder of his contract.

Given that seems to be what the appears to be happening with most of these deals that must well be what is ongoing.

Just wish some of our fans would give the board a bit more credit and recognize that when it comes to dealing on the transfer market they can be a canny bunch.

Better the "we''re doomed " outlook of Doncaster than the "don''t panic" cries of Lord Sheepy. (who constantly reassured the binmen that the club was a model of financial probity !

First up, just wanted to say ''fantastic, fabulous, wonderful, etc. to the whole team for Saturday''s performance and result. It''s almost unfair to single anyone out, but, briefly, I am going to. Iwan - a job well done. Shacks - great to see such command of our box with Flem. Adam - great overlaps and speed up and down the left. Have I missed anyone? Well...yes! I''ve saved DH until last as, like some others of you on here, I feel there is still some hope that he may return sometime soon. (What a performance on Saturday from him! Words don''t do it justice, so I won''t even try).
Back to my ''hope'' and the thin straws I am clutching at. Like many others I have also heard NW''s, DH''s and Alan (thank god HE''S not playing next week) Brazil''s comments over the past few days, and they would seem to suggest that the door to a deal is far from slammed shut, let alone locked for good. I only have a couple of things to add, both of which make my straws just a tiny bit thicker...maybe.
Firstly, I have been informed (reliably, I hope) that DH has bought a house in Norfolk. If this is the case, you might now want to ask yourself why. An investment? Perhaps. A place to stay when meeting up with the bucketload of friends he has made here? Maybe. Or could it just be that the man himself is just as hopeful as we all are that there is still something else to be added to the script in the New Year? I don''t know, but I sure as hell hope so!
Secondly, at the end of the Sheff. Utd. (live) game on Saturday the Sky commentators reviewed some of the day''s earlier games, including our own. One of the two presenters said words to the effect that players very often choose their clubs and that it seemed obvious to him that Darren had found his. He added that it would not surprise him in the least if DH came back to Carrow Road soon. (Joy to my ears! Bunch of straws feeling a tiny bit thicker still).
In reality, though, I''m just like all you posters on here - totally in the dark about what''s going on, which, as I''ve said on here before, is INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATING...but I still think ''it ain''t over ''til it''s over'', and ''watch this space'' still seems to be the order of the day.
I do think the amount of money in the share issue pot by Jan. 7th is going to have a major bearing on how things may go so, if we the fans can contribute anything, no matter how small, it could yet make all the difference. In the meantime, anyone interested in a communal prayer session to help my bunch of straws swell as fast as the club''c coffers?

There''s also a rumour going around that, Worthington is going to unveil him as a Norwich player at the press conference tomorrow.

I swear that if he is I will run around Norwich cheering and going crazy all day! I have been praying for this to happen and I was nearly in tears on saturday even though I was only listening on the radio!

The only thing that concerns me is that it could be that we have signed him or that he really is too much money. And when I say that I mean that Man City are asking for more than £1.5 million for him. I worked this out because when we first signed him on loan, figures of around £800k were floating around and various people at the club said that was an attainable price. I dont think that £200k would have made a difference to be honest. There were enough people on the board who wanted him to stay, so if he doesnt it is because he would cost nearer £2 million in total.

I''ve just heard from a friend of a friend of a....well you get the piccie....that some Lotus reps were outside the EDP offices today in suits...rumour goes that they are going to stump up a Mill to buy Hucks. Good rumour to spread, and lets face it they would get mre than their millions worth of publicity for doing so....please god, its all i''ve asked Santa for this year!