Sign in to follow this  
KCASN

where will we finish next season?

Ok so this season wasn''t a success finishing the season in a dissapointing 16th and even worse finishing behind the scum. So what do you think our ambitions will be for next season? Will our squad turn us around and get automatic promotion? Will we finish in a very respectable play-off place. Stay the same, mid table. Or the dreded relagation. I think PG needs to start making some signings that can change our fortune and score 10-20 goals a season. Also we need some more experienced players.

Come on City!

Where we finish next season will all depend on who we buy, at the moment with our current squad I would predict we would probably finish about 17th.

If we go down the route of buying players like Marshall, not Danny Coyne, Sharp not Simpson, we could in my opinion finish in the top six or at least challenge for the top six, but currently in my judgement it''s too early to predict where we will finish.

idk but I''d rather finish 10th than 7th, for the simple reason that it would be so gutting losing out in the play offs.

[quote user="Brandon"]idk but I''d rather finish 10th than 7th, for the simple reason that it would be so gutting losing out in the play offs.[/quote]

?

OTBC

TOP !!!!!

OK I''m dreaming (also I have had a drink)..... Think it all depends on who we get & what head they all have on next season & that all hangs on Grant & Co....

But I like Grant so I''m going to say top 6 & the play offs.......

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="Brandon"]idk but I''d rather finish 10th than 7th, for the simple reason that it would be so gutting losing out in the play offs.[/quote]

?

OTBC

[/quote]

Typo, I meant so gutting missing out on a play off place by one position.

Our ambitions?  The squad''s?  The manager''s?  The board''s?  My personal ambitions?

We have players that can score 10-20 goals a season, I thought we had all established that the problem layed further back up the pitch?  Unless you are suggesting we find a centre-back who scores 20 a season? Or do you mean the team total to be 20 goals for the season? (how that would please some on here, then they could polish their pitchforks and march on Norwich as Mr Kett did...).

Is a play-off place respectable if we do not actually go up at the end of it all?

Is global warming real? Is the south pole actually melting or expanding?  What of the 26400 year precession of the equinoxes? What of the heartbeat-like pulse of the earth''s mean temperature cycles every hundred thousand years? Will we die as childeren of the fifth age, as the Incas predicted, or is it all a marketing trick?

So many questions....

so ud rather lose in the FA cup semi then lose in the final?

i think we will finish 12th next season

jas :)

With this current team?. In a word...................relegated

With decent players?.......................relegated!.

Grant''s the problem!.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

With this current team?. In a word...................relegated

With decent players?.......................relegated!.

Grant''s the problem!.

[/quote]

We had Grant and this team last year and didn''t get relegated so I don''t follow the logic.

Where we finish depends on who we sign. As my expectations on this are not that high I expect a mid table effort next year, although hopefully with a bit more entertainment and signs of improvement.

At the moment we are short of cover generally, if we sustain the kind of injuries we had in the second half of the season, and we are short of very good players in a number of positions - goalkeeper, central defender, right back, central midifield, striker.If these positions are filled with "ordinary" players, then I think a position of about 12th is likely. But if we sign Marshall, a good central defender, someone for the midfield(or Fozzy comes good, as PG expects) and  Otsemobor, then I think 7th or 8th is possible. One or two more, Chadwick remaining fit and Drury finding his form or being replaced, and I think we could be borderline for the play-offs. If Hux sees it as his last year and shows the kind of form he showed in his first year here, then a play-off place is possible.I don''t think that we have sufficient quality through the team to be be confident about a play-off place, still less an automatic promotion place, and the three teams coming down will have buckets of money to spend. There are still one or two good teams left from last season, eg WBA, Wolves. It could be one of the most difficult seasons to reach the play-off places for years.But if PG & Co are able to make a few significant signings, and are able to instill some consistency, then who knows.....?

Well summed up Salopian....

Added to the players and positions you have described, the other variable is the money Grant is allowed to spend.  What that sum is we don''t yet know, maybe we might all be pleasantly surprised.

To tell the truth I had forgotten we had Chadwick!

Think that the bookies have got it absolutely spot on (earlier today) with regards to our finishing position...

Yet another disgusting season that must surely signal the end of the road for Delia and her band of merry men!!!