Sign in to follow this  
tilly

Doomcaster at it again

This evening we will see a crowd in the region of 18,000 at Carrow road for the under 21 International. Knowing for a fact that  the F.A.pay for all the stewarding and any Police presence that is required I was amazed to read in tonights Evening News  that DOOMCASTER has stated that Norwich City will not make any money from the game. I assume that the F.A. will also foot the bill for ticket printing and distribution and pay the hospitality bill for their "prawn sandwich brigade"that will descend on us.Who gets the income from all the bars and refreshment kiosks that will be open ?Does not the football club receive a small percentage of gate receipts ?Who prints the programmes and receives the income ? Who gets the money from the 200 or so cars on the club car park ? I do not expect the club to make a significant amount of money in hosting tonights prestigious fixture and do agree Mr D that it is an honour and a privilege to play host to ENGERLAND but surely there must be a few quid in it for us ?Sorry i did not check my facts with you first Mr D but any answers you may have shooting me down in flames need to be shared with all fans and not just on a one to one over the phone.I only question what has surprised a lot of people by the Evening News article.

[quote user="tilly"]  This evening we will see a crowd in the region of 18,000 at Carrow road for the under 21 International. Knowing for a fact that  the F.A.pay for all the stewarding and any Police presence that is required I was amazed to read in tonights Evening News  that DOOMCASTER has stated that Norwich City will not make any money from the game.
I assume that the F.A. will also foot the bill for ticket printing and distribution and pay the hospitality bill for their "prawn sandwich brigade"that will descend on us.
Who gets the income from all the bars and refreshment kiosks that will be open ?
Does not the football club receive a small percentage of gate receipts ?
Who prints the programmes and receives the income ?
Who gets the money from the 200 or so cars on the club car park ?
 I do not expect the club to make a significant amount of money in hosting tonights prestigious fixture and do agree Mr D that it is an honour and a privilege to play host to ENGERLAND but surely there must be a few quid in it for us ?
Sorry i did not check my facts with you first Mr D but any answers you may have shooting me down in flames need to be shared with all fans and not just on a one to one over the phone.I only question what has surprised a lot of people by the Evening News article.
[/quote]

And your point is....? Surely he is talking about ticket sales. If he started to talk about making a bit of cash from 200 parked cars or selling a few ''prawn sarnies'', I absolutely guarantee that this board would fill up with complaints about how low we''ve sunk having to count such gleaned income as funds towards playing staff.   

[quote user="macdougalls perm"]

[quote user="tilly"]  This evening we will see a crowd in the region of 18,000 at Carrow road for the under 21 International. Knowing for a fact that  the F.A.pay for all the stewarding and any Police presence that is required I was amazed to read in tonights Evening News  that DOOMCASTER has stated that Norwich City will not make any money from the game.
I assume that the F.A. will also foot the bill for ticket printing and distribution and pay the hospitality bill for their "prawn sandwich brigade"that will descend on us.
Who gets the income from all the bars and refreshment kiosks that will be open ?
 I do not expect the club to make a significant amount of money in hosting tonights prestigious fixture and do agree Mr D that it is an honour and a privilege to play host to ENGERLAND but surely there must be a few quid in it for us ?
Sorry i did not check my facts with you first Mr D but any answers you may have shooting me down in flames need to be shared with all fans and not just on a one to one over the phone.I only question what has surprised a lot of people by the Evening News article.
[/quote]

And your point is....? Surely he is talking about ticket sales. If he started to talk about making a bit of cash from 200 parked cars or selling a few ''prawn sarnies'', I absolutely guarantee that this board would fill up with complaints about how low we''ve sunk having to count such gleaned income as funds towards playing staff.   

[/quote]

hehehe you are probably 100% spott on there MACCY D  [Y]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="macdougalls perm"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

hehehe you are probably 100% spott on there MACCY D  [Y]

[/quote]

Yeah, lol! [;)]

[/quote]

The truth sometimes gets handled carelessly by members of the board!

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

I rang the club this afternoon and they said the car park wouldn''t be open, it had been taken over by the FA for the evening, so thats one question answered.

Also my friend, an Ipswich fan, said they were told they didn''t make anything when they last staged an international, other than food and drink money plus a small fee from the FA for the use of the ground and facilities.

I did wonder if Sky would pay us anything though for their coverage?

The only reason for the article was to enable him to get his mug on the back page of the paper again.... he loves it.To be honest I thought it was a bit embarrassing seeing all the empty seats?