Sign in to follow this  
San Miguel

New Hotel opening

Quote from the Pink-un:

"The day Norwich City fans have been waiting for has finally arrived - a new £9m hotel overlooking the hallowed Carrow Road turf has opened."

ahahahahahahahahahahaha! like i was waiting for that!

i''d have preferred more seats or a big TV screen!

And Archant wonder why we accuse them of being influenced by the Club...I see the benefits of the hotel and have no major problem with it, but I can''t say I was ever excited about the prospect! A big telly screen would have been great, then when things get boring we can switch over the Channel 5 to catch the new Neighbours omnibus... [:)]

of course the hotel is going to score 50 goals for us next seaosn and get us promoted!

Eyesore! no place at a football ground. but then we stopped being a football ground years ago.. its Norwich City business Center now.

jas :)

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Think I''ll just change that intro...[/quote]

Good thinking Pete. You relly know how to wind ''em up.

Wow, I have to say that I''m impressed by the negativity that prevails on here. The hotel is not going to score 50 goals a season, no, but it will improve the clubs financial position making it more likely that we can buy/keep hold of better players. Quite a good thing I think. The hotel is no stately manor, but it is no 70''s tower block either. I''d prefer to live in there, than the apartments on the other side of CR.

Pete, I was quite looking forward to the hotel being complete and open, does that mean you''ll change your introduction back, or do you only bow to negative pressure?

I''m looking forward to next season, we have new investors on board, who it seems are serious about their investment and realise the need to invest in the team to get the best out of money they have put in.

I appreciate that people have to right to their opinions, but as a long time lurker and infrequent poster I have seen too many peoples positive views dismissed by childish returns (you work for the club etc), never to return.

I think next season will be a good one and we have more positives than negatives to look forward to.

[quote user="San Miguel"]

Quote from the Pink-un:

"The day Norwich City fans have been waiting for has finally arrived - a new £9m hotel overlooking the hallowed Carrow Road turf has opened."

[/quote]

Hotel.........Just another nail in FOOTBALLS coffin at Carrow Rd!!!! NCPLC will destroy the FOOTBALL club I love.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

I doubt it will be counted but it would be good if the hotel added a couple of hundred to our capacity.

[quote]

Hotel.........Just another nail in FOOTBALLS coffin at Carrow Rd!!!! NCPLC will destroy the FOOTBALL club I love.

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST[/quote]

Please explain how the hotel will destroy FOOTBALL bb, or do you just do vaccuous sloganeering ?

"Eyesore! no place at a football ground. but then we stopped being a football ground years ago.. its Norwich City business Center now."

jas :)

Problem is Jas, I guess, that football clubs are looking to maximise income from as many non-footballing sources as possible. There is definitely one club in England, and I can''t recall who it is, gthat have several different business ventures listed, and one of them is merely names as " ''X'' F.C plc, Football Ltd", just one of several varying things "they do". Sad but inevitable I suppose. Football ceased being football when the Premiership was formed, marvellous in hindsight, but thats what happened.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]

Please explain how the hotel will destroy FOOTBALL bb, or do you just do vaccuous sloganeering ?

[/quote]

blah, get your eyes tested, your rose-tinted specs need changing.  BB said "NCPLC will destroy the FOOTBALL club I love" not "the hotel will destroy FOOTBALL". 

[quote user="Drurys Left Nut"]

I''d prefer to live in there, than the apartments on the other side of CR.

[/quote]

Have you actually been in the apartments?? If you had you would know that they are actually very nice.

Back me up Monkeyboy.

[quote]blah, get your eyes tested, your rose-tinted specs need changing.  BB said "NCPLC will destroy the FOOTBALL club I love" not "the hotel will destroy FOOTBALL". [/quote]Oh well that''s a relief then.  I had this vision of an evil parasitic multi-storey building stripping away the seats and roofing from Carrow Road with its many millions of evil slimey tentacles.I shall rephrase - exactly how will a five letter acronym destroy the football club you have an unhealthy obsessive love for, BB ?

[quote user="mystic megson"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]

[/quote]

blah, get your eyes tested, your rose-tinted specs need changing.  BB said "NCPLC will destroy the FOOTBALL club I love" not "the hotel will destroy FOOTBALL". 

[/quote]You''re right in your quotation, Mystic, but the question still remains: How will this hotel destroy the FOOTBALL club?Maybe if you took your turd-coloured specs off for a while, you''d stop to consider both sides of the argument for a change...

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]blah, get your eyes tested, your rose-tinted specs need changing.  BB said "NCPLC will destroy the FOOTBALL club I love" not "the hotel will destroy FOOTBALL". [/quote]

Oh well that''s a relief then.  I had this vision of an evil parasitic multi-storey building stripping away the seats and roofing from Carrow Road with its many millions of evil slimey tentacles.

I shall rephrase - exactly how will a five letter acronym destroy the football club you have an unhealthy obsessive love for, BB ?

[/quote]

So that''s what football means to you, blah - bricks and mortar (or seats and roofing).  I have news for you.  If the seats and roofing were to be stripped away,  football would carry on regardless. 

I presume we all see Derby, West Ham and those other teams with hotels incorporated into their grounds as losers too then?...

[quote user="BB FOOTBALL FIRST"][quote user="San Miguel"]

Quote from the Pink-un:

[/quote]

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[/quote]

Are you Smudger or Cluck in disguise?

[quote user="Karl Pilkington"][quote user="Drurys Left Nut"]

I''d prefer to live in there, than the apartments on the other side of CR.

[/quote]

Have you actually been in the apartments?? If you had you would know that they are actually very nice.

Back me up Monkeyboy.

[/quote]Duly backed, they''re very nice apartments indeed! Shame about the residents... [;)]

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="mystic megson"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You''re right in your quotation, Mystic, but the question still remains: How will this hotel destroy the FOOTBALL club?

Maybe if you took your turd-coloured specs off for a while, you''d stop to consider both sides of the argument for a change...
[/quote]

I have never for one nanosecond suggested that the hotel would destroy the football club Evil.  What are you talking about?

Judging by what I read about the "restrictions" and the "do''s and don''ts", that have been imposed on the hotel resident''s and their ''guests'' - before, during and after home football matches.........I think more freedom and civil liberties are available to the long-term occupant''s at Norwich Nick.........

£150+ squid for a hotel room, to view discreetly from a window, with no visual booze, banners, birds or bands of blokes - allowed in your room?........

Should have gone the whole hog and put metal bars across the windows......sloppin'' out at halftime, and a mandatory 30 minutes a day exercise around the club car-park at full-time. With body searches and shakedowns of your room, by brawny boorish chambermaids, and punchy receptionists, and obnoxious night porters with sniffer dogs and metal detectors. And the restaurant Chef,  shouting, ''lights out'' at 21.30.

At least you can climb onto the roof of the nick, sling tiles down onto the unsuspecting below, drape a ''I''m truly innocent'' bed-sheet banner over the guttering, demand a KFC bargain bucket (without coleslaw) or a Maccy D''s (D''ya wanna go large and is it to eat in or take out?) and be allowed immediate access to a lawyer - because your civil liberties and rights have been severely infringed, all because there are: 

No batteries in your cell TV handset, you found an innocuous sixpence sized stain on your recently laundered mattress, there are horrid lumps in the mashed potato, no chalk for the pool table, tea was too milky, a screw raised his voice above a whisper at you, the book you wanted wasn''t in the nick library, the bed springs are squeaky - and your baccy and rizla papers got damp when you had a shower after a session in the ''slightly cold'' gym.........and some thievin'' inmate has swiped your best ''jazzmags!''

HOTEL? PAH!    

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]And Archant wonder why we accuse them of being influenced by the Club...

I see the benefits of the hotel and have no major problem with it, but I can''t say I was ever excited about the prospect! A big telly screen would have been great, then when things get boring we can switch over the Channel 5 to catch the new Neighbours omnibus... [:)]
[/quote]

Strewth!!! Stone the flamin'' crows mate.. Fair dinkum if it was Home and Away.. but ya must be mad as cut snakes if ya think the bludgers in the river end would ever watch Neighbours... flamin'' galahs the lot of ya!!! [:P][pi][B][ap][ip]

[quote user="mbncfc"]I presume we all see Derby, West Ham and those other teams with hotels incorporated into their grounds as losers too then?...[/quote]

I''d want to know how much money the hotels have brought into those clubs before I presumed anything.  Derby aren''t exactly a shining example, they were £50million in debt when the new investors took over a year ago.

[quote user="BB FOOTBALL FIRST"]

FOOTBALL MUST COME FIRST

[/quote]

When you sit at home typing "NCPLC" over and over again you think it''s really witty don''t you?

Grow up and stop being so damned melodramatic. It''s a hotel, other teams have them inside their ground now we have one too. It might make us some money, it might not. Let''s just wait and see shall we?

If anything it''s a sign of the times, football is becoming more and more about corporate entertainment and less about the true fans. As another poster stated, it''s been happening since the Permiership began and in my opinion it will probably get worse. The board of NCFC (see it''s not that hard) are merely following this trend, I don''t like it but it''s a problem with the whole of the game in this country not just at our club as some people would have us believe.

[quote]So that''s what football means to you, blah - bricks and mortar (or

seats and roofing).  I have news for you.  If the seats and roofing were to be stripped away,  football would carry on regardless.[/quote]I''m sure some department of the nanny state we live in would object to 24,000 people turning up pitchside, with no facilities.  Mind you, they still cram people into that chicken shed at Selhurst Park, so maybe you have a point.  I''m sure you used to be more objective MM.