Sign in to follow this  
Mark Barham Appreciation Society

Latest Earnshaw Rumour

From the BBC''s Transfer Rumours page this morning :

"Derby are battling Watford for the signature of Norwich striker Robert Earnshaw. (The Sun)"

I know he wants to play in the Premiership, but neither represent a great leap forward for his career.

Personally, I''m hoping he stays.  He surely represents our best chance of a 20 goals a season striker ...

I would say under the current state of affairs that a move to Derby would be quite a significant step up...

Premiership footie or yet more midtable mediocrity in the Chumpionship?

Derby are as about as well supported as ourselves, they have money to burn compared to us and they also have a decent manager when compared to our unproven coach struggling to make a name for himself...

Hardly a choice to be made really is there?  

I am a Norwich fan and if I was in Earnies shoes I would be off to Derby like a shot given the chance!!!

Maybe we could try and wrangle Steve Howard in to part of the deal to play alongside Cureton/Sharp (or whoever Earnies replacement will be)???

What? go to Derby for 1 season in prem and come back down again (which they undoubtedly will) dont think earnshaw would be too excited

Why are you so sure they will come down again , bet you said the exact same for Reading and Wigan .Not all teams when promoted are as unambitious as Norwich , doubt Derby will settle for the Doc upfront if they dont get Earnie.

no i did not think reading would come back down - although addmittadly i though wigan would. i think derby will come back down because the two clubs they have goneup with have massive transfer budgets and brum have experience of avoidin drop. i think sunderland and brum will both stay up even tho they hav just been promoted; derby can be as ambitious as they like they dont have the players now and would have to do some major major work to the team to get it anywhere near premier standards

[quote user="ncfc1"]Why are you so sure they will come down again , bet you said the exact same for Reading and Wigan .Not all teams when promoted are as unambitious as Norwich , doubt Derby will settle for the Doc upfront if they dont get Earnie.[/quote]

Perfectly summed up in few words, what a great post.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

[quote user="ncfc1"]Why are you so sure they will come down again , bet you said the exact same for Reading and Wigan .Not all teams when promoted are as unambitious as Norwich , doubt Derby will settle for the Doc upfront if they dont get Earnie.[/quote]

Perfectly summed up in few words, what a great post.

[/quote]

hehehe pmsl it was fantastic wasn''t it???

Even if it is only for the one season... I would much rather that than another season struggling in the Championship with Chris Brown, Hughesy & the Doc!!!