The Perfect (3-4-3) Formation For Leon

Green

Fleming Malky Drury

Brennan Holt Francis (a)/Mulryne (h) McVeigh

Svennson Huckerby
McKenzie

What does everyone else think ?

This gives you Drury, McVeigh and Hucks down he left as we all want

Brennan is a wing back - not a left-back, so why not put him on the right to cut in with his boomer, with Gary Holt linking in with him as cover, with Fleming also to cover for a bit more solidity.

We also have the little and large up front pairing of Hucks and Svennson PLUS Leon the Goal Machine !!

Surely we can try this out against Stoke at home and have Edworthy on bench if it goes wrong, but I can''t see how it will....

Prefer 4-3-3. but neither are going to happen. NW will always stick to 4-4-2 unless we are losing as at Cardiff. But i agree if we carry on with first half performances from the last few games we''re gonna get a battering before long from someone. Personally i''m quite concerned about Palace. Although they''ve gone off the boil a bit from their Dowie inspired run of last month, they will be looking to return to winning ways at home against the league leaders and our record there is terrible.

why go three at the back when we have played four at the back all season??? i wouldnt mind 4-3-3 but it is silly to go 3-4-3 to try and accomodate mcKenzie and a four man midfield.

This is getting to be a bit of a habit DD but I agree that we need to play to our strengths one of which is our consistent back 5 (including greeno).

Another reason why the defence is so solid is worthys tactics of playing a defensive minded midfield across the park. As these tactics have led us to the top of the table with an 11 point gap over 3rd with just 10 games to go it would be madness to move away from the preferred 4-4-2.

All this talk of a system change is about solving the midfield connundrum. If it was working well we would not be looking to play McKenzie/Hux/Henderson out of position. The solution is to buy a true right sided midfielder.

If we want a Hux and McKenzie partnership then we will need to change tactics and ensure we play to feet - and again our current midfield stff do not have that level of ability to do this consistently. I am confident that that pairing will work very successfully if we get promoted and pick up a passing midfielder in the mould of Ian Crook. However with our current midfield make up we have to have a target man - hence Sven must start.

OTBC

Couldn''t agree more ZLF. If we assume that we shouldn''t change the back 4, then we have two options- 4,3,3 or a Hucks/McKenzie partnership IF we changed our game. It is a real shame because I think McKenzie is very very talented and could easily start for us. However when you have a player like Huckerby, who is so talented, pacey and creative I still think you need a big man to play alongside him, considering how we play and have done for years. If we went for the 4,3,3 would we be too stretched in midfield? Also would we have enough width in the middle too? I don''t think so. I''m sorry McKenzie but I think you might have to wait a little bit longer.

Would love to see Leon given a start, but can''t agree that Edworthy should be dropped, he''s providing us with so much drive at the moment at times in matches when maybe some of the others have been flagging... 4-3-3 though maybe...