Sign in to follow this  
AJ

An End in the interest in Dixon?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/dundee/6724815.stm

Sounds like Norwich won''t be taking it any further.

Hmm so we''re not prepared to budge over £100k for him. But admittedly I don''t know how good he is, or anything about him. Just hope we don''t take this "we''ve tried once, we give up" approach to all our transfer enquiries this summer unlike previous seasons...

Since hes an inexperienced left back, and drury has signed for four years, 100k is the right amount that we should be spending on a reserve player.... think heckingbottom, brennan, briggs..... squad players.......

With Drury and Lappin contracted, I am not sure why it would be worth spending £200k on another left back, especially as we need to spend up some cash on a right back and a centre back.

So many rumours at the minute, I just hope we see some signings for the cash we definitely have tp soend soon!

[quote user="AJ"]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/dundee/6724815.stm

Sounds like Norwich won''t be taking it any further.
[/quote]

perhaps we are gonna play mean, cool our interests in him a little, and allow the selling club to sweat over our initial bid and then lack of follow-up offers....

They''ll come crawling back to us......

[quote user="JC"]

With Drury and Lappin contracted, I am not sure why it would be worth spending £200k on another left back, especially as we need to spend up some cash on a right back and a centre back.

So many rumours at the minute, I just hope we see some signings for the cash we definitely have tp soend soon!

[quote user="AJ"]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/dundee/6724815.stm

Sounds like Norwich won''t be taking it any further.[/quote]

[/quote]When Drury was injured, and Lappin got moved from left mid to left back, didn''t we look weaker? Certainly our results got worse. We need proper cover and competition for left back (and other positions) WITHOUT buggering up our midfield all the time. I''m not sure if the youngsters are up to providing this competiton yet?

[quote user="JC"]

[/quote]

lappin isn''t a left back