Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Not More Damn Jocks!.

[quote user="Kathy"]

[quote user="megson"]er Kathy half a dozen is six, so that would be a signing every week and a half.....[/quote]

Now you know why I am secretary of NCISA and not treasurer! [:)]

[/quote]

It''s ok Kathy, I''m cr@p at sums too!

I couldn''t even recite my tables at school but I could sing along to the tune...

[8]dadadada dadadada dadadada dadada dadadada dadadada ... bit like one of  Wiz''s rants [;)]

I guess the post was allowed because it was talking about Scots being cheaper than English players because of the circumstances of their league, and Norwich is therefore choosing them on price rather than ability. That''s nothing to do with their race.

However we take your point for the future and we''ll certainly keep an eye on this.

Celia

Why are people so touchy nowadays, all my scottish mates are called jock in fact they called themselves jock I wish people would smile more.

mbncfc it goes:

[8] dadada-daada

ie 6 7''s are 42; 7 8''s are 56; 15 15''s are 225;  all of the top of my head.

If you and your ''mates'' wish to call each other Felicity, Godzilla or t**t is no concern of anyone else, however, this is a public message board in an enlightened 21st century. 

If I posted to say ''I dont think anyone called ricky Knight should be allowed into carrow road'' would you smile at it, or think it discriminatory?

I smile and laugh all the time, but I am not sure how this thread was meant to be funny or make me smile, and I certainly do not think that the OP meant it as a joke? 

[quote user="ricky knight"]Why are people so touchy nowadays, all my scottish mates are called jock in fact they called themselves jock I wish people would smile more.[/quote]

[quote user="7rew"]mbncfc it goes:

[8] dadada-daada

ie 6 7''s are 42; 7 8''s are 56; 15 15''s are 225;  all of the top of my head.

[/quote]

Bet you was in the top class! I never got past 2''s!

I''ve been to Cluck''s School of Hard Knocks and Uni of Life though [co][Y][:P][<:o)][B]

[quote user="JC"]

I smile and laugh all the time, but I am not sure how this thread was meant to be funny or make me smile, and I certainly do not think that the OP meant it as a joke? 

[/quote]

Other Person?

Other Poster??

Open Prison???

On Pot????

Over Prudent?????

Old........

Couldn''t be!

could it?

I dont think its a case of what have Aberdeen won recently, its the point that Jimmy Calderwood has had to rebuild his squad and this year finished a fantastic 3rd, only behind the old firm.

But im not gonna go on about the dons....

I will reiterate my point that i dont care where players are from as long as we are successful!

[quote user="JC"]

If you and your ''mates'' wish to call each other Felicity, Godzilla or t**t is no concern of anyone else, however, this is a public message board in an enlightened 21st century. 

If I posted to say ''I dont think anyone called ricky Knight should be allowed into carrow road'' would you smile at it, or think it discriminatory?

[quote user="ricky knight"]Why are people so touchy nowadays, all my scottish mates are called jock in fact they called themselves jock I wish people would smile more.[/quote]

[/quote]

Personally i dont give a rats arris what people called me i am not that worried, scots people i know and i know plenty take no offence to being called Jock. Perhaps we should not call city canaries, could be offensive, give me a break.

[quote user="JC"]

Could one of the Mods explain how this post titles differs from saying no more damn blacks/albanians/Polish or Irish?  How about no Freddy Easwood because he is a gypsy? 

Amazed you allowed this thread containing blatant discrimination to be posted.

[/quote]

Jeez! are you for real JC?.

Loathe as I am to go off subject here, but this IS exactly the same nannie state, wrist wringing attitude, leftist libral logic why our country is going downhill fast!.

I pray the moderators will allow my reply to your silly veiled accusations of me being a racist. After all, they allowed you the chance to say it!.

Oh, whats the point, you''ve already made your mind up anyway.

Give me strength!![:(]

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="JC"]

Could one of the Mods explain how this post titles differs from saying no more damn blacks/albanians/Polish or Irish?  How about no Freddy Easwood because he is a gypsy? 

[/quote]

Jeez! are you for real JC?.

Loathe as I am to go off subject here, but this IS exactly the same nannie state, wrist wringing attitude, leftist libral logic why our country is going downhill fast!.

I pray the moderators will allow my reply to your silly veiled accusations of me being a racist. After all, they allowed you the chance to say it!.

Oh, whats the point, you''ve already made your mind up anyway.

Give me strength!![:(]

[/quote]

I posted a similar reaction Wiz, but in one line (can probably guess what it said) but it was removed...

It seems people find any excuse to ridicule 1stWizard''s posts, this being probably one of the most pathetic of all. Grow up!

[quote user="JC"]

[/quote]

Further to my last post, Delia Smith has been widely quoted saying she would block ''foreigners'' from investing in City.

Hmm?.

Is she excempt from your racisim charges JC

Well it''s political correctness gone mad...again isn''t it. After all some of my best friends are flids and spackers, they don''t mind me calling them that, in fact they laugh til their colostomy bags burst. Though I say ban them all from Carrow road along with the women and jocks ''cos they clutter up the stairs and make the place look untidy. It''s only the liberal nanny state that makes us put up with them at all.  

I have no problem with scottish players. They can be just as good as an english player we buy, at half the price.

I fail to see how you find, buying descent players for less, is a bad thing [:S]

Ridiculous in all honesty.

No more etuhu, he''s not from england. No more earnshaw, he''s not from england. No more Safri...

D''you see what you''re saying?

[quote user="Kathy"][quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]

Or it could just be more paper gossip, with loads of people knowing that we need about half a dozen fresh faces.

Does this not occur to you sometimes Wiz?

And why are we ''starting to stink of cheapness''? It''s been like that for sometime hasn''t it? Lappin''s a good player - how much did we pay for him? £75k wasn''t it?

Just because we''re linked with getting more Scottish players, it doesn''t mean that we''re going to get them and it doesn''t mean that they''re rubbish neither.

[/quote]

Half adozen fresh faces BMC? Thats a bit worrying. I calculate there is about 9 weeks to the start ofthe season. Thats 1.5 signings per week. And it aint happening is it. Hope I''ve got this wrong.

[/quote]

You did get it wrong. Last time I checked, half a dozen was 6.

[quote user="Kolin Kob"][quote user="Kathy"][quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]

Or it could just be more paper gossip, with loads of people knowing that we need about half a dozen fresh faces.

And why are we ''starting to stink of cheapness''? It''s been like that for sometime hasn''t it? Lappin''s a good player - how much did we pay for him? £75k wasn''t it?

Just because we''re linked with getting more Scottish players, it doesn''t mean that we''re going to get them and it doesn''t mean that they''re rubbish neither.

[/quote]

Half adozen fresh faces BMC? Thats a bit worrying. I calculate there is about 9 weeks to the start ofthe season. Thats 1.5 signings per week. And it aint happening is it. Hope I''ve got this wrong.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[^o)]  Believe it or not, that has actually been pointed out to her.

Well signing English players has been highly successful in the recent past hasnt it?

Its the players attitude that needs to be right,  not their naionality.  If we can get a scot on a cheap basic wage with massive promotion bonus'' to drive a will to win that would be better than buying another english journey man (from jarrett to hughes via thorne) happy to take a large wage week in week out without the ability or desire to be able to contribute to a winning team.

[quote user="Kolin Kob"][quote user="Kathy"][quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Anyone else want to tell me I got it wrong? [:@]

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

If we can get a scot on a cheap basic wage with massive promotion bonus'' to drive a will to win that would be better than buying another english journey man

[/quote]

But its not just A Scottish player is it Zipper?.

Virtually ALL Grants inquiries and alleged offers have ALL been for Highland Laddies!.

See? Jocks does sound better!.[;)]

Confirmed offers and signings:

Brown, Sharpe, Varney, Chadwick, Warner, Ashdown, Ostembor - not Scottish

Marshall, Fotheringham, Lappin, Dixon. - Scottish

Thats less than half scottish wiz!

Am I meant to take this as a serious discussion point?

[/quote]

Further to my last post, Delia Smith has been widely quoted saying she would block ''foreigners'' from investing in City.

Hmm?.

[/quote]

[quote user="JC"]

Am I meant to take this as a serious discussion point?

[/quote]

Hmm?.

[/quote][/quote]

No, just answer the reasonable question.

[quote user="Kathy"][quote user="Kolin Kob"][quote user="Kathy"][quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Anyone else want to tell me I got it wrong? [:@]

[/quote]

Woah, steady on Kathy, I did point out to him in the post just above ZippersLeftFoot that it had been pointed out already.

this topic really does prove that no matter what our club does it''ll never be good enough for some people, people complained they wanted us to bring in players as early as possible..... no people are moaning that they''re scottish... it''s plain daft...whatever Grant does is never going to be enough for some of you... we could win the league this year, the prem next then the champs league the year after and some of you would find thinsg to complain about.

[quote user="JC"]

Am I meant to take this as a serious discussion point

[/quote]

As you''ve accused me of racism JC, yes, I do expect you to take this serious.............and answer it!.

Wiz. I have to ask, if Peter Grant was brazillian and was looking mainly at Brazillian players, would you have posted this thread ?

[quote user="lappinitup"]

Wiz. I have to ask, if Peter Grant was brazillian and was looking mainly at Brazillian players, would you have posted this thread ?

[/quote]

Lucky fella if he spends all day looking at Brazilians....

jas :)

[quote user="7rew"]Confirmed offers and signings:
Brown, Sharpe, Varney, Chadwick, Warner, Ashdown, Ostembor - not Scottish
Marshall, Fotheringham, Lappin, Dixon. - Scottish

Thats less than half scottish wiz!

[/quote]

At first I thought Damn! 7rew''s got me stumped.

Then I thought, hey, at least this poster has at least entered the spirit of my thread and asked a perfectly reasonable question.............and he desserves an answer.

At first glance he''s right with his list...........and I appear to be wrong, however, I would counter his argument by saying  that Chadwick''s move here was virtually sorted out before Grant even came here.

Brown......enough said, and this makes me doubt that Grant is even fit to be our manager if he ever saw any potential in him!.

That leaves Lappin and Fortheringham as the only definite signings..............and both those two won''t get us out of this division.

All the others are only rumour at the moment.

My personal thanks go to 7rew for getting this thread back on subject........can we please keep it that way!.