Sign in to follow this  
Michael Starr

Huckerby for England

....and there''s as much chance of that as winning the championship this season???whilst you''re there shall we get in Andy Sinton and Carlton Palmer?

Well  Beckhams  older than Hucks   !   and from what I`ve seen of the England team  ( predictable and plodding ! )    they need somebody like Hucks  to provide  something  different  !   whatever  the scoffers come up with , the fact remains that if he had  GOOD players around him , he would have a ball .... literally !     Unfortunately  ,   he`s not , " fashionable " like Becks  [:(]  the FA is notable for lack of imagination   , and for scratching the backs  of prem  club directors  ! A pox on their houses !!

Huckerby must luv your club. How old is he now? Is he sacrifising his career by not attempting to get a place in the premiership?

The only way he''s ever going to stand a chance of getting into the England squad is if he''s playing for a premiership side on a regular basis. The standard is such that he would only be a bench player.

No.

He has the playing ability, but is too inconsistent to perform at his best regularly; his mental strength may not be right for the international stage, performing well on the big stage.

He would never get selected, anyhow, I wouldn''t want him to compromise his Norwich career by playing for England.

Imagine a team full of 11 Steven Gerrards, all working hard, pulling their weight; it would work.Imagine a team full of 11 Huckerbys.....

that sums it up really, not fit for England.

[quote user="AJ"]Imagine a team full of 11 Steven Gerrards, all working hard, pulling their weight; it would work.

Imagine a team full of 11 Huckerbys.....

that sums it up really, not fit for England.
[/quote]

Imagine if you had the brains  to blow  on your soup to cool it !  

I see the Saints might be getting taken over by Microsoft.Prehaps this ''cloning'' idea is not just a myth [:P]

[quote user="AJ"]I see the Saints might be getting taken over by Microsoft.[/quote]

That''s okay with me, all their players will be constantly unavailable due to viruses. They''ll crash at end of season, and the fans will be demanding a reinstall at the top.

At the end of the season- that seems an optomistically long time for a microsoft system to continue running.

Did you know that hotmail runs on Unix servers - they tried to use

their network OS and it couldn''t cope, so the returned to unix!

Hangs head in the shame of infinite geekdom!

No I''m not prepared to let him play for England, he''d be away from Norwich for too long and I''d miss him [:D]

[quote user="cityangel"]No I''m not prepared to let him play for England, he''d be away from Norwich for too long and I''d miss him [:D][/quote]

You can''t argue with that, er, logic.

[quote user="cityangel"]No I''m not prepared to let him play for England, he''d be away from Norwich for too long and I''d miss him [:D][/quote]

Cityangel and Huckerby sitting in a tree...

OMG - you''re not seriosly comparing Hucks to Becks are you?For a start, DB chases back, can take a mean free-kick, whip in a good cross, control a game.......bored now ZZZzzzzzzzzz

[quote user="Gingembre"]OMG - you''re not seriosly comparing Hucks to Becks are you?
For a start, DB chases back, can take a mean free-kick, whip in a good cross, control a game.......bored now ZZZzzzzzzzzz

[/quote]

Are you commenting on my post ?  if so , you should try to comprehend  what I wrote , dozy arse !   I merely mentioned Beckhams age  compared to Hucks  , NOT  that he`s a replacement   for Becks .....  can  you actually grasp that ?    and , yes , I actually believe Hucks can do the business for England , apparently you , and other  posters   , STILL can`t  understand   that   WITHOUT  him  , this club would be  playing Forest next season !    for the last 3 seasons he`s had to  put up with  a ragbag of misfits and losers  as team mates ,   do you REALLY need to be reminded   that if Beckham  was put in the same situation  , he would get  bleedin  NOWHERE   ! 

Hucks has been nominated as player of the year  !   now how come he got that  award  ?   some nitwit  whinged  that he was " inconsistant "   , I got news for YOU !   its most of his team mates  who displayed  THAT  trait   ..... !!  

God help you if he gets injured next season ....  [:''(]

[quote user="sheded"]Well  Beckhams  older than Hucks   !   and from what I`ve seen of the England team  ( predictable and plodding ! )    they need somebody like Hucks  to provide  something  different  !   whatever  the scoffers come up with , the fact remains that if he had  GOOD players around him , he would have a ball .... literally !     Unfortunately  ,   he`s not , " fashionable " like Becks  [:(]  the FA is notable for lack of imagination   , and for scratching the backs  of prem  club directors  ! A pox on their houses !![/quote]

Lets see, Hucks not good enough for Newcastle, Man City, Leeds but good enough for England?

Sorry i think hes our best player but im not in a daydream.

Hes good at this level, average at premiership standard at best.

Big fish little pond anyone?

funniest thing ive heard for weeks.what next? nelson mandela to front the bnp?

[quote user="Michael Starr"]

Cityangel and Huckerby sitting in a tree...

[/quote]

...............doing something they shouldn''t be.................

[quote user="spud"]

[/quote]

Am I thick  , or is your  " anology  "  really pathetic ?    I`d say the latter !    if  THATS  the funniest thing you`ve heard for weeks   , it doesn`t say much for your  lifestyle  mate !   

But back to the thread !   having watch the truly sad displays  from England in the world cup  to the present  day ,  just how can you have the bald faced cheek  to dismiss Hucks as a possible  candidate ? are you totally devoid of  ANY imagination  ?   because  THATS what the main problem with England is   ,  straight line  tactics , no penetration  ,  and absolutely no  flair !!   nobody who can supply  unpredictability  ,   Hucks could provide this   , WTF  , I`m wasting my time  on yokes  !

I have to say that  I''m with Sheded on this one (tho not quite as aggressively, lol!). If he was in a team of world class players I really think he could do a job for England (not that England is a team of world class players) behind front man/pulling left and right. Actually, having watched the last few England performances, I think he''d struggle for support just as he does here :) Seriously, though, could he really perform any worse than Lampard has been for England for the last year or so??!!  

[quote user="sheded"][quote user="spud"]

[/quote]

Am I thick  , or is your  " anology  "  really pathetic ?    I`d say the latter !    if  THATS  the funniest thing you`ve heard for weeks   , it doesn`t say much for your  lifestyle  mate !   

But back to the thread !   having watch the truly sad displays  from England in the world cup  to the present  day ,  just how can you have the bald faced cheek  to dismiss Hucks as a possible  candidate ? are you totally devoid of  ANY imagination  ?   because  THATS what the main problem with England is   ,  straight line  tactics , no penetration  ,  and absolutely no  flair !!   nobody who can supply  unpredictability  ,   Hucks could provide this   , WTF  , I`m wasting my time  on yokes  !

[/quote]

Out of his depth with norwich and other clubs when he played in the premiership. So your saying the players who can play right midfield like say, Walcott, Lennon,Gerrard, Beckham, Bentley,Dyer,Pennant, should be overlooked because Huckerby does well at a bottom half championship team? Get in the real world pal.

I can see why Hucks would be good for England. I think the unfortunate thing for him is that he never got to play for a big side who knew how to get the best out of him. I think if he''d have settled down earlier on like he has done at Norwich then he''d definitely played at a higher standard for a while.

His pace will worry defenders at any level, we saw that in the Premiership. Lots of teams doubled up on him because he got them worried. And I''d much rather defend against Stewart Downing than Darren Huckerby.

Think on the basis of what I saw tonight though they should be looking to get Ashley Young into the senior setup, very impressive.

[quote user="sheded"]

[quote user="Gingembre"]OMG - you''re not seriosly comparing Hucks to Becks are you?For a start, DB chases back, can take a mean free-kick, whip in a good cross, control a game.......bored now ZZZzzzzzzzzz

[/quote]

Are you commenting on my post ?  if so , you should try to comprehend  what I wrote , dozy arse !   I merely mentioned Beckhams age  compared to Hucks  , NOT  that he`s a replacement   for Becks .....  can  you actually grasp that ?    and , yes , I actually believe Hucks can do the business for England , apparently you , and other  posters   , STILL can`t  understand   that   WITHOUT  him  , this club would be  playing Forest next season !    for the last 3 seasons he`s had to  put up with  a ragbag of misfits and losers  as team mates ,   do you REALLY need to be reminded   that if Beckham  was put in the same situation  , he would get  bleedin  NOWHERE   ! 

Hucks has been nominated as player of the year  !   now how come he got that  award  ?   some nitwit  whinged  that he was " inconsistant "   , I got news for YOU !   its most of his team mates  who displayed  THAT  trait   ..... !!  

God help you if he gets injured next season ....  [:''(]

Firstly you can stop with the dozy arse comment, I''m not sure that''s the intention of the forum old boy.

I have watched DH over the years and whilst there''s no doubt he''s NCFC''s best player he is also nowhere near good enough for England. I also agree that you would''ve been closer to the trap door without him this season.

I know you were not comparing him as a replacement, I assumed that you mewan''t for him to play on the left?  He''s a big fish in a little pond, that''s why he was released from Newcastle, Man City etc because otherwise he''d be in the premiership now and would never have been offered Carrow Rd as an alternative.

Having spoken to players both past and present, the frustration I felt from them was that his workrate is poor, he seldom tracks back and when he does he ''appears'' to need a round of applause from the faithful. He goes down far too easily, a point which is now costing you penalties and free-kicks due to refs and lino''s looking out for this (ie Joe Cole, Drogba, Ronaldo)

He gets the plaer of the year due to the fact he is the most exciting/best player at the club and all those fans can''t be wrong.

BUT, for England, do me a favour.  I appreciate football is all about opinions and you can have yours my friend, just take off the rose, I mean, canary yellow tinted glasses.

He would never get in the midfield ahead of Joe Cole, Gerrard, Lamps, Beckham, Hargreaves, Carrick, Dyer, Jenas et al.

To sum up, I''m not a Hucks hater, just don''t think he''s England class, or Premiership class either..... having said that, if he''d applied himself better over the past few years he ''could'' have been the answer to the left-sided problem the national team have had....

...oh and just to reiterate, keep the insults to yourself, this is a place for constructive forums, opinions and debate, not name calling.

Now where''s my coffee, I need a strong one.......

[/quote]

[quote user="sheded"]

[/quote]

Spot on Sheded, England don''t have the players capable of doing the unpredictable things which can open up an international defence. Hence the reason they need Beckham in the side as his free kicks and corners are the best chance they have of scoring.

I''m not as convinced as you that Hucks is the answer, a few years back he might have been, but we definately need more players with flair and imagination in the England squad.

Don`t go too heavy on the coffee , gives you the jitters LOL .

Frankly , I do think Hucks has had a raw deal  !   he`s had keegan and strachan  as managers  FFS !   and I see no point in  chasing  up on this thread  now  , basically , its pi**ing against the wind  !    having said that , Hucks played in the prem  for Coventry  for several seasons  , and was one of their top scorers !  how does  THAT  tally with  YOUR   comment that he`s not of prem quality  ?  gimme strength .......

[quote user="GJP"]

I can see why Hucks would be good for England. I think the unfortunate thing for him is that he never got to play for a big side who knew how to get the best out of him. I think if he''d have settled down earlier on like he has done at Norwich then he''d definitely played at a higher standard for a while.

His pace will worry defenders at any level, we saw that in the Premiership. Lots of teams doubled up on him because he got them worried. And I''d much rather defend against Stewart Downing than Darren Huckerby.

Think on the basis of what I saw tonight though they should be looking to get Ashley Young into the senior setup, very impressive.

[/quote]

Well there were several on here who laughed at me when I suggested giving Ashley Young a call up several months ago on here!!!  [Y]

[quote user="sheded"]

Don`t go too heavy on the coffee , gives you the jitters LOL .

Frankly , I do think Hucks has had a raw deal  !   he`s had keegan and strachan  as managers  FFS !   and I see no point in  chasing  up on this thread  now  , basically , its pi**ing against the wind  !    having said that , Hucks played in the prem  for Coventry  for several seasons  , and was one of their top scorers !  how does  THAT  tally with  YOUR   comment that he`s not of prem quality  ?  gimme strength .......

[/quote]

sheded - you have answered your own question mate "Coventry", is that really your answer.....

...they were awful, I mean who wouldn''t have looked good in their team?

Calm down mate, you think he''s good enough and I don''t, no real discussion needed.

I have to agree that England are poor and uninspiring to watch, I was there on Friday and couldn''t believe how poor Lampard, Cole and Smith were... and don''t get me started on Wes Brown. Just there are so many better players than Hucks. Like I said earlier, had he applied himself more in his younger years, I''m sure that he would''ve got into the England set up, but the impression I get is that he likes being the big fish in the little pond.  Shame really.... what a waste of a talent.

...oh and stop trying to be clever by swearing with abbreviations, if you can''t write properly, don''t bother x

What period are you yakking about  ? Coventry WERE  good  when Hucks played for them   !  and did an unbeaten  14  games  at one point ,  just in case it hasn`t sunk in what that means  , Coventry beat most of the top clubs in the prem  ! and it was mainly  due to a combo of Hucks and Dublin......   !!      try to be a bit more accurate  when you make comments  ,  there`s one too  many on this board who  make stupid  and derogatory comments  about the player of the season  , without examining  the history  of the guy !   why I really couldn`t say  ,  must be a Norfolk trait ?     ( pictures straw chewing yokels  LOL )  as for being " calm "  jeeeze  , am I going to fast for you ?