Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Lets break the Bookies!

whos up for sticking £5 on us to win the league next season then?

i think we should all make money for ourselves by placing £5 on us to win the league.

Betfair are giving us odds of 32/1 (£155 return for a £5 stake), comparing that to Sheffield Wednesdays 22/1, Leicester at 25/1 and Stoke at 28/1 and we arent fancied compared to some other sides who we should really be beating!.

Bookies are seldom wrong, and they dont like paying out. If Granty can get a good squad together this term then surely if all the posters on here treated themselves to a £5 bet with a bookmaker of their choice then we could all look forward to May and seeing red faced bookmakers?

What are other bookies offering?

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i think we should all make money for ourselves by placing £5 on us to win the league.

Betfair are giving us odds of 32/1 (£155 return for a £5 stake), comparing that to Sheffield Wednesdays 22/1, Leicester at 25/1 and Stoke at 28/1 and we arent fancied compared to some other sides who we should really be beating!.

Bookies are seldom wrong, and they dont like paying out. If Granty can get a good squad together this term then surely if all the posters on here treated themselves to a £5 bet with a bookmaker of their choice then we could all look forward to May and seeing red faced bookmakers?

[/quote]

Why exactly should you be beating those mentioned sides? Sheffield Wednesday, Leicester and Norwich i would say are similiar size clubs, and Stoke finished above you last season.

I look forward to your answer[:|]

i place a bet on promotion and relegation every year, and this year my money on going down is Wigan, Middlesborough and Bolton in 3 seperate bets, and am definately going for norwich to get promoted!

i feel optimistic, maybe not win the league, as of all the money around, but promotion, i believe, and with these odds!  plus no one ever fancies us, anyone know the odds when we won it?  bet they were good then too.

I use Betfair ,  and , usually , you don`t get better odds !   I`ve stuck a score on us to  get promoted  next season  ,  I  just like a bet ! 

[quote user="foxile"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Why exactly should you be beating those mentioned sides? Sheffield Wednesday, Leicester and Norwich i would say are similiar size clubs, and Stoke finished above you last season.

[/quote]

Why are you back?? [;)]

What sort of season are you expecting next time? Do you think Mandaric made a good choice in Martin Allen?

I think we will finish in the top half. How far up the top half depends on what players we sign/lose before the season starts. June is not a good month for predictions.

[/quote]

[/quote]

not a difficult answer... to get promoted these are the kind of teams u need to beat... Look at us this season We beat Sunderland, We did the double over Birmingham, we beat Preston, we drew with Wolves and Derby.. and yet finished in a p!ss poor position in the league.. perhaps if we had beaten the teams i mentioned above we could of been pressing for promotion.

I''ve been putting £2 on us to win the league for the last 5 years but will up it to £5 this season Jas

I felt like having a chat with you friendly Norfolk people once again [:D]

I''m pleased with the appointment, he had interviews for us last time we were looking for a manager and he was my first choice then. Next season, i think a top ten finish is realistic and would be considered a success in terms of improvement. Izale Mcleod and Matt Jarvis are set to sign, two good players from lower leagues, can they make the step up? We shall have to wait and see. We''ve signed N''Gotty, decent player for this level, along with a new goalkeeper from Denmark. Also expecting some quality midfielders, we currently only have two midfield players in the squad! But as you say, it''s too early to make predictions.

My thoughts on you, i think you''ll finish top half. Bad news for you, but good for the rest of the division is that Earnshaw is likely to be playing in the premiership, however you should recieve decent money and if invested wisely, why not the play-offs hey?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well said FOXILE....

I agree that your boys are going to have a good season this coming year and will probably have a good go at qualifying for the play-offs at least...

Milan Mandaric/Martin Allen with plenty of cash to spend or us with unrest at boardroom level after spending little money yet again.... not really a difficult choice to make between who is most likely to challenge for the play-off''s out of us and yourselves is it mate???

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="foxile"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

I think June is early enough for us to tell that JAS and anybody else betting on Norwich to be promoted during the coming season would be better off giving their money to a local charity Nutty!!!  [;)]

[/quote]

Why are you back?? [;)]

What sort of season are you expecting next time? Do you think Mandaric made a good choice in Martin Allen?

I think we will finish in the top half. How far up the top half depends on what players we sign/lose before the season starts. June is not a good month for predictions.

[/quote]

Seriously... why not just donate your money to a local charity guys??? 

We have less than no chance [:D]

im going to put the bet on smudger.. £5 at 32/1... £160 quid better off come may if it happens.. i might even stretch to a pint of ur favourite Tipple if it happens. Just to see if u cans stomach it!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

im going to put the bet on smudger.. £5 at 32/1... £160 quid better off come may if it happens.. i might even stretch to a pint of ur favourite Tipple if it happens. Just to see if u cans stomach it!

[/quote]

Very kind of you young JAS MAG... thank you very much!!! 

We all know there is far more chance of us being relegated than promoted as champions though don''t we???  [:D]

Afraid I''ll have to disagree with our friendly fan from Leicester; I don''t think Leicester will do all too well this season. I feel it''ll be a season of change for them, and I''d be suprised to see them in the top half.

As for us, I think we''re in for a similar season. In fact, I wouldn''t be suprised if we finished one place around Leicester. This will be a season of change and will be players settling in. I do think we''ll have a better season next year though.