Sign in to follow this  
BES

24th March 1985

How many of you posters travel to Wembley on the 24th March 1985 Milk Cup, when we beat sunderland 1-0, and went to the party on Aylsham Road later to celebrate winning,
I remember having my photo taken with the cup and Ken Brown...and the other players, did u go? and hope we will be celebrating just as hard soon........

I went to the match with a fellow supporter from Peterborough that day and we arrived back late that evening to continue our celebrations in Peterborough. Have got tickets for the players player of the season dinner this year and I have a feeling that could be the biggest celebration night I have been to for years, hopefully when we have our photo taken with the player of the season we will also have the First Division trophy on show.

Yes I was there. What''s more I remember the collapse between then and the end of the season. Sic Transit Gloria Mundi.

Not sad at all Kathy...it was a great day, but what is great is that we have supported the team for many years and will for many many years to come...........

Certainly at the Final - but not at the Aylsham party!

I had quite an eventful day...

I the way to Norwich to pick up one of my friends and a rendevouz with the minibus - my exhaust fell off (1979 Vauxhall Chevette Saloon - boy did I know how to live!) and I went through Sprowston sounding like I had a V12 hemi engine under the bonnet - it actually made me feel quite good!

I had my face painted yellow, and that old spray on green hair - and every item of clothing I had on had a green/yellow or both element to it.

I got so hot during the game my hair ''leaked'' resulting in my face matching the Poll & Withy pinstripe shirt I had on.

After the obvious post match celebrations - and long journey back to Norwich (didn''t it used to take a long time before the various A11 improvements), I picked up my rustbucket of a car and proceeded earsplittingly loudly back to home.

I thought i''d better have a bath and wash my hair because by this time I was in a bit of state and I had work tomorrow! As soon as one folical touched the water, the entire bath turned a rather luminous green, and I swear my entire body was a slight shade of puce for about a fortnight!

The next day at work all the ''Incredible Hulk'' jokes came out - but I tell you what - I couldn''t have given a stuff!

I left work early to get down to the ground for the procession and managed to shake Micky Channon''s hand - I''m sure he looked at me a bit funny - and then he preceeded to wipe his hand down the side of his jacket whilst I wished him all the best.

Happy Days!

What a fantastic thread...

Those were the days, I went down with a mate & his Dad, flags and scarves streaming off the car! I will never forget steaming down the M11 behind a box van of some sort with a bunch of lads sat in the back on deckchairs necking back beers whilst the inside of the van was completely decorated wall to wall with yellow & green - they''ll probably be on the road to Palace at the week-end! I''ll also never forget getting into the stadium only to find that we were standing next to a bunch of Sunderland fans - thinking that this might be "interesting", it turned out that they were a great bunch of lads who were only too happy to help celebrate at the end of the game despite the result going the wrong way for them! Happy Days indeed!

I like it....maybe we should all try to wear as much yellow and green as we can to all the last games.... but not sure about the yellow paint and green hair! but I do have some rather fetching bright yellow trousers!! might wear them on Saturday!