Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

MY PROBLEMS WITH THE BOARD-PART 2

This is a new thread for you to ask me constructive criticism against my views to which you can ask me any question you like and i will reply. I wont reply to stupid posts as i wont lower myself to that type of post. I just feel that by laying down more views we will end up going over old ground, so the idea here is for you to get your problems with me and my views off your chest.

Ask away..............................................

Okay, here goes:

What makes YOU sure, that a takeover possibility by the Turners, or the same arrangement now, would be worse than having a foreign investor inject 30 million, then bugg** off in 5 years?

And Also..

D''you want a new board purely for financial reasons? Ambition? What are you looking for in a new board?

Okay, here''s one:What outcome do you believe will follow your planned protests, and if you are expecting the removal of the board have you been or will you be seeking potential investors to take over once Delia and co. are gone?

[quote user="hogesar"]

Okay, here goes:

What makes YOU sure, that a takeover possibility by the Turners, or the same arrangement now, would be worse than having a foreign investor inject 30 million, then bugg** off in 5 years?

And Also..

D''you want a new board purely for financial reasons? Ambition? What are you looking for in a new board?

[/quote]

What proof is there that they would b~gger off in 5 years? Silly question, all ifs and buts.

Arthur i have a question. How long will it be before you protest and how will you go about it? e.g. website etc?

I may have missed some posts on this, but what was the outcome of your meeting last Saturday and who actually turned up (and are they what you expected!)?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

This is a new thread for you to ask me constructive criticism against my views to which you can ask me any question you like and i will reply. I wont reply to stupid posts as i wont lower myself to that type of post. I just feel that by laying down more views we will end up going over old ground, so the idea here is for you to get your problems with me and my views off your chest.

Ask away..............................................

[/quote]

Having gone over the first episode of all this in part one, I have to say you made your points well.  You say the board has failed us in its leading our club during the Delia and Michael era.  As some other posters pointed out, the footballing world is mighty different now to when we reached the heights in the Premiership in 92-93. 

I feel personally, the board have made numerous errors, mistakes, etc (mainly due to their naivety and lack of footballing knowledge), ie keeping Mr Worthington past his sell by date (was it out of loyalty or because they felt they couldn''t pay him off without damaging the budget). Some of us have accused them of lack of ambition and of taking too much interest in peripherals (ie catering, hotel, selling off land etc). In this they are exactly like Chase, although what works for them is the massive redevelopment of the area around the ground.  Trouble is Arthur we got the land from Chase (his investments at the time) instead of him investing in the team under Mike Walker and again, under Martin O''Neill.  If he had believed in them where could we be now?  It''s all hypothetical I know.  We have of course benefited from Mr Chase''s land dealings to pay off the debt the former chairman got us into in the first place, or it that too ironic?

I have sat through a few AGMs hosted by the present board and wanted to scream. I find PR and gushing praise for some aspects of the club toe curling, but sadly it all matters in the great adding up of our assets.  I resent the PR spin (and yes, there is plenty of that) that comes out of the club, but on the other hand I feel that Delia and the board do have the best interests of the club at heart and lack the killer instinct a bit (well quite a lot I suppose), but what they lack most is of course, cash. Sadly we have made some bad mistakes with media fed "rumours" and of players coming out each week to promise they will do better, when they don''t do anything of the kind.  But is that the board''s fault, or how footballers behave these days?

I feel now that the Turners have come on board things might get shaken up a bit.  Here we have a couple who have genuine money, business acumen and no doubt steel.  Are they being groomed to take over from Delia, I would think maybe yes, they are.

So Arthur, I wait to see what your ideas are to make us a challenging club in the Championship, and then presumably after promotion, a club which can hold it''s own in the Premiership.  Forgive me, but I am not totally sure of all your views, I was concentrating purely on the information in Part One.

Do you expect another investor to come in and "buy out" Delia, if so, who and what would their remit be?

Do you think we should drastically change the mangement team or any other aspect of the club?

Should we build another tier on the City Stand?

What sort of players should we be looking at, and how can we attract them to the club?

Who should go at present (the squad)?

[quote user="hogesar"]

Okay, here goes:

And Also..

[/quote]

Question 1. Im not mystic Meg mate, and besides which Delia currently wont sell to anyone out of Norfolk, let alone abroad. Hypethetical qusetion, cant really answer in all honesty.

Question 2. I want an ambitious board, maybe the current ones will prove me wrong and if so ill eat my words happily. I want a board of true football people, who know the game and have a passion for it, not someone out for a profit or a board where they have no real know how of football. A perfect example of this is Milan Mandaric, a true love of the game and not out for a quick buck.

England 1-0, about time!

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Okay, here''s one:

What outcome do you believe will follow your planned protests, and if you are expecting the removal of the board have you been or will you be seeking potential investors to take over once Delia and co. are gone?
[/quote]

I will only protest if ambition is not shown. Hopefully the outcome of said protests would open the boards eyes to p[ossible investment to those outside of Norfolk and with any luck gain enough attention to open a few peoples eyes that the fans want ambitious investers. Like i say, i hope the current board prove me wrong.

[quote user="Wayne Gardner"][quote user="hogesar"]

Okay, here goes:

And Also..

[/quote]

What proof is there that they would b~gger off in 5 years? Silly question, all ifs and buts.

Arthur i have a question. How long will it be before you protest and how will you go about it? e.g. website etc?

[/quote]

Its a case of seeing how things develop wayne. If protests do happen there are a couple of volunteers who are willing to print litreture and a couple who would potentially run a website but that is all in the early stages at the momenet.

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"]I may have missed some posts on this, but what was the outcome of your meeting last Saturday and who actually turned up (and are they what you expected!)?[/quote]

Those that turned up offered several different services e.g. printing, website, spokesperson etc and i believe it was a success and nice to put faces to names. The turn out wasnt huge but those that did turn up were either thoroughly supportive or gave brilliant arguments against.There was also a lot of people who knew of several friends who feel the same way so we cant be dissmissed as a minority. Remember i did not call for a meeting, i drink there anyway, i believe it was wayne gardner who asked for it but unfortunatly wayne couldnt make it.

Great questions so far, keep them coming.

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"]I may have missed some posts on this, but what was the outcome of your meeting last Saturday and who actually turned up (and are they what you expected!)?[/quote]

Good question STEVIE... I would like to know the same please ARTHUR.

I agree with WAYNE above... what proof is there that the Turners will last any longer than any potential foreign investor?

I can tell you one thing the current boardroom set up certainly does not have another 5 years to run (and am pretty sure that the Turners will not have any more a say in the running of the club in 5 years time than what they have now... they probably will not be here in 5 years time either).

Those that are clinging on to Auntie Delia''s apron strings need to wake up to themselves... because BIG changes will happen at boardroom level during the next couple of years whether they like it or not!!!

Why don''t you just get your own website, or are you worried you''d be as lonely on there as you were at your meeting the other night.

Heres a question for you.Where did you get the self-importance that makes you think your voice counts more than any other Norwich fan? It comes across pretty strongly in your posts.You don''t have the charisma to be a rabble rouser, so really you''re just peeing into the wind. I''m not knocking it, I appreciate the comedic value of you posts, but seriously, what do you expect to achieve?

I wonder if an overseas investor is what is required at Norwich. My opinion would be no, after all we wouldn''t want what has happened with Romanov at Hearts to happen at Carrow Road.

I think the current board are going forward with the right amount of caution, bringing in people who have money to invest while not undermining the club stability - it may not be as quick as many would like, but it is prudent.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Okay, here''s one:

What outcome do you believe will follow your planned protests, and if you are expecting the removal of the board have you been or will you be seeking potential investors to take over once Delia and co. are gone?
[/quote]

Yes, similar question-I have to assume that you are either a potential investor yourself, or know of some waiting in the wings, and are part of that or the figurehead of a consortium? Its hard to support demandinf board changes and removal when ther is no one to replace them.

Failing that, where do you anticipate the new investment coming from and how should it we attract it and new investors to the club?

Here are my questions:

1)      What

advantages would a foreign investor have over the current board?

2)      Would

there be any disadvantages in your view?

3)      Would

there be any people that you would not want to invest in the club?

My next set of questions is about

what kind of person you would like to take over, ie if you could handpick a

board what would they be like?

4)      What

motivation for investing would your top choice of investor have?

5)      What

background in business and/or life?

6)      How

much money would they have? –you don’t have to be exact, just use other people

in football to compare them too.

My final set of questions is

about what kind of qualifications you would consider to be a minimum

requirement for investment. – If your answer was no to Q3 you can skip these.

7)      What

motivation for investing would you not like to see?

8)      Are

there any backgrounds in business and/or life that you would not like to see?

9)      How

much money would they have to have more than?

There are likely to be some supplimentary questions once I

have seen your answers.

[quote user="Herb"]Heres a question for you.
Where did you get the self-importance that makes you think your voice counts more than any other Norwich fan? It comes across pretty strongly in your posts.
You don''t have the charisma to be a rabble rouser, so really you''re just peeing into the wind. I''m not knocking it, I appreciate the comedic value of you posts, but seriously, what do you expect to achieve?
[/quote]

I could ask you the very same question! Only problem is i dont find you at all funny. Im not a leader, im just voicing my opinions, im not a spokesman, i have no level of self importance unlike Herb,ive never said my opinion counts more than anyone elses, im not running a campaign im simply voicing my opinions and the meeting the other day was arranged by Wayne Gardner not me anyway i just drink in there. Where people get the idea from that i think my voice counts more than other Norwich fans is yet more putting words into peoples heads in a pathetic attempt to try to make us look foolish, you do that all on your own Herb.

Ill be back in the afternoon, got a appointment at the hospital but hopefully the NHS wont take 6 hours like last time.

Here''s my question for now.

How much would the current board have to spend in the summer to convince you that they had learned their lessons from previous campaigns and were starting to show more ambition? If they reached this magical figure, would you call off any planned protests?

Thanks for opening this new thread despite poor health.  I wish you a speedy recovery.Questions :What is your alternative to the current board ?  How would you improve upon the current situation ?How would you seek inward investment in the team ?What in your opinion, is the biggest current challenge to NCFC ?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"][quote user="Wayne Gardner"][quote user="hogesar"]

Okay, here goes:

And Also..

[/quote]

[/quote]

Its a case of seeing how things develop wayne. If protests do happen there are a couple of volunteers who are willing to print litreture and a couple who would potentially run a website but that is all in the early stages at the momenet.

[/quote]

OK. Cheers. Hope the hospital thing went alright.

[quote user="Steve H"]Why don''t you just get your own website, or are you worried you''d be as lonely on there as you were at your meeting the other night.[/quote]

How predicably pathetic.

I called the meeting the other night not Arthur. Perhaps you are feeling lonely and are seeking some attention.

"Im not a leader, im just voicing my opinions, im not a spokesman, i have no level of self importance."

Seriously?  Despite two threads dedicated solely to ''MY PROBLEMS WITH THE BOARD''?  Forgive me, but the manner in which you''ve asserted your ''point'' hardly characterises you as a shrinking violet!

My question would be simply: Why now?

We haven''t kicked the first ball of the first full season of the new managers career here, there are optimistic noises coming from our new board members along with, as far as I can tell, a bit of money to help along the way.

Also: you do know there''s the NCISA for things like this?  Why not take your grievances to them and see what support you can gather from an organisation already dedicated to holding up ''the supporter''s end'' as it were, rather than preaching to the 30-odd regular posters on a semi-active Internet site? Vive la revolution, indeed!

I''m SO sorry my questions don''t meet your expectations.

Shutup, please :D

[quote user="Mr_Chimp"]

"Im not a leader, im just voicing my opinions, im not a spokesman, i have no level of self importance."

Seriously?  Despite two threads dedicated solely to ''MY PROBLEMS WITH THE BOARD''?  Forgive me, but the manner in which you''ve asserted your ''point'' hardly characterises you as a shrinking violet!

My question would be simply: Why now?

We haven''t kicked the first ball of the first full season of the new managers career here, there are optimistic noises coming from our new board members along with, as far as I can tell, a bit of money to help along the way.

Also: you do know there''s the NCISA for things like this?  Why not take your grievances to them and see what support you can gather from an organisation already dedicated to holding up ''the supporter''s end'' as it were, rather than preaching to the 30-odd regular posters on a semi-active Internet site? Vive la revolution, indeed!

[/quote]

I find the NCISA a bit cowardly, so im not suprised people want to do there own thing.

When is the right time? Start of season-no? during season?-no pre season-no?

Whenever someone wants a protest its going to not be the right time for someone.

I think Arthur has already drawn some sort of attention as our board have been coming out in the local press telling fans not to worry because we are ambitious.

Wheteher this is due to whats being put on here or not i dont know but if it is well done Arthur.

[quote user="Millo"]

Wheteher this is due to whats being put on here or not i dont know but if it is well done Arthur.

[/quote]But Arthur isn''t the spokesperson or organiser of any campaigns, why would he accept any credit? [:P]Seriously though, my problems with the whole thing and my suspicions about this thread have come to light - I don''t feel that my question has been answered.You say that you''d like to attract the attention of the board to seek further investment, but haven''t they done that without your help? A certain Turner family? Judging by the fees we''re being quoted as bidding on certain players, it looks like we''ve got a decent wad of cash and the targets are certainly not unambitious.If you''d like the board to secure further investment, who do you suggest and what do you feel the protest groups should do to attract their attention - maybe meetings should be planned with potential investors? But without a spokesperson or organiser, this could be difficult.Finally, if the board fail to secure any further funds do you want them removed? And, similar to my question above, who do you think should take over?My problem with the whole thing is that it''s all very well and good saying "sack the board", etc - as some do - but without a serious replacement there is no point.I''d appreciate your thoughts on this.Ps, the Coachies is a fantastic pub and used to be my lunchtime haunt for many a year! Hope to get back there next time I''m in Norwich, and hope to see big crowds! [;)]

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Where people get the idea from that i think my voice counts more than other Norwich fans is yet more putting words into peoples heads in a pathetic attempt to try to make us look foolish

[/quote]Wow, you credit me with supernatural powers too. Nice one! No, where I get the idea you think your opinions count more than others is in the manner of your posting. The way you don''t answer people who eloquently challenge and refute your skewed views. The way you think that "Your problems with the board" are worthy of not one, but two entire threads. The way you''d rather have a go at me than try to argue your corner against the numerous people who posted in the thread beforehand actually addressing your points. I can''t be arsed to frankly, because I think you''re a windup merchant or an ego-maniac as I mentioned.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Where people get the idea from that i think my voice counts more than other Norwich fans is yet more putting words into peoples heads in a pathetic attempt to try to make us look foolish

[/quote]

Wow, you credit me with supernatural powers too. Nice one!
No, where I get the idea you think your opinions count more than others is in the manner of your posting. The way you don''t answer people who eloquently challenge and refute your skewed views. The way you think that "Your problems with the board" are worthy of not one, but two entire threads. The way you''d rather have a go at me than try to argue your corner against the numerous people who posted in the thread beforehand actually addressing your points. I can''t be arsed to frankly, because I think you''re a windup merchant or an ego-maniac as I mentioned.
[/quote]

Gutted