Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

Billy Davies and Boothroyd to bid £5million for Earnie

[quote user="Salahuddin"]So who exactly told you we had all this money?[/quote]

A decent source close to the club.

£5m is a fantastic offer - and if two club are competing for his signature we should be accepting the one that gives us most cashup front,  so we can spend it now and not have to wait for it until next summer.

I would snap there hands off for £5m!! Is he really worth that? But we would need a quality replacement ie Sharp,Eastwood,Harewood......

Who cares if the bid for Sharp was off the back of selling Earnie. Well done Grant for having a Plan b, i cant imagine how much stick he would get come the start of the season if he had no contingency in place to replace Earnie!

Im 100% behind the board. I trust them to get a great deal for Earnie. IF the money is not re-invested in the team, then i will have doubts. But untill then im backing them fully.

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

not being funny but id have Varney over Earnie in a flash!

Varney could go on to be a huge star in the game....

jas :)

[/quote]

Hear Hear! Ditto Sharp or Eastwood too!

6 months ago Smudger couldn''t stop talking about the likes of Varney, Sharp, Porter etc. If we have to sell Earnie then I am really not that bothered as I can''t see him getting any better unless he develops a first touch or the ability to see a team mate when within 30 yards of goal!

Smudger is right on one point though - if Earnie goes the vast majority of the money received had better be ploughed back into the team - if not surely even the most blinkered of fans will have to start asking awkward questions of where the money has gone.

[/quote]

Yes, yes STEVIE....  I did praise the likes of Varney, Sharp  and Porter  6 months ago but they are certainly not a better bet to score goals at this level than Earnie.

The point you have made that I have highlighted is what this thread is all about... If Earnie is sold then we need to be investing at least £7million back in to the the playing squad by the time that the transfer window slams shut at the end of August (the full amount that we recieve for Earnie plus at least £2million of the Turners money as promised)...

All of us with any sense know that only about half of that (at best will be spent though)... which will mean that another £3million plus will disappear down another mysterious black hole!!!

Just thought that I would bump this thread up as a subtle reminder to those expressing doubts that I have called this years transfer window spot on from day ONE pretty much.

Infact... no I haven''t... even I underestimated just how little the NCFC board were prepared to spend.

I did get it right in saying Earnie was on his way and the most that we would invest would be any transfer fee that we received for him though didn''t I???

It was patently obvious from Earnies desire to play in the meaningless end of season games that he was moving on and just needed toprove his fitness to buyers,  I and several others said so at the time so you were hardly first on that one.

As I said elsewhere it is in the clubs own hands to write a successful ending to this close seasons squad rebuild,  they can either chose a season of anonymity by not strengthening the squad from here or use the funds that they have available to push on in what will be an open and eminently escapable league this season.  That is what I want to see, rather than another small cause to self publicise. [;)] [:D]

[quote]

Just

thought that I would bump this thread up as a subtle reminder to those

expressing doubts that I have called this years transfer window spot on

from day ONE pretty much.

Infact... no I haven''t... even I underestimated just how little the NCFC board were prepared to spend.[/quote]

It ain''t over till you start singing, you big fat lady you [:)]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="Cobain18"]I can maybe believe davies can bid for eanrshaw, but earnshaw would face a huge risk of coming back down with derby. how would bootroyd ever make a bid and expect to get earnshaw. we wouldnt sell to a championship rival and earnshaw wouldnt want to go from one championship club to another. i think earnshaw may be sold but to one of these teams? i doubt it[/quote]

Derby won''t come straight back down because they don''t think like you and the majority of City fans do Cobain...

Derby will spend well and will stay up... we have only seen the tip of the iceberg so far when it comes to how much they are likely to spend over the next couple of seasons...

They also have some very good hungry youngsters coming through I believe and an excellent manager.

[/quote]Erm....So do we....but of course! my mistake! everything Norwich is bad, so our youngsters must be all inexperienced rubbish...

[quote user="Smudger"]

Just thought that I would bump this thread up as a subtle reminder to those expressing doubts that I have called this years transfer window spot on from day ONE pretty much.

Infact... no I haven''t... even I underestimated just how little the NCFC board were prepared to spend.

I did get it right in saying Earnie was on his way and the most that we would invest would be any transfer fee that we received for him though didn''t I???

[/quote]Nostradamus has nothing on you, Smudger, you old soothsayer you!