Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

Billy Davies and Boothroyd to bid £5million for Earnie

Told all you guys that both Varney and Sharp were being lined up as cheap replacements for our number one hotshot...

Re-invest all £5million immediately plus the Turners £2million or close the door on your way out Delia!!!  [:@]

source smug? i haven''t seen any of this anywhere. enlighten us oh great one.

Transfer window shock news:

"We bid on players and so do other clubs!"

"19-goal in 27 match striker in demand!"

What next from our very own Nostradamous?

"Tomorrow it will be thursday"

"One of the big four will win the premiership next season"

"The G8 summit will have absolutely no effect on the world"

Just because they''ve bid it doesn''t mean we have accepted it, or that we haven''t.

[quote user="Polar1990"]source smug? i haven''t seen any of this anywhere. enlighten us oh great one.[/quote]

I read this in todays Sun Sport, and before you gloat, they called the Ashton, Green and Francis moves correctly!. My take on this:

SELL SELL SELL! and get Curetin.

Although no doubt Doomcaster will claim any cash has already been bugeted  for!.[st]

how are Varney and Sharp cheap replacements? how many £5m players have you seen bought by championship clubs, please smudger i can''t take any more of your jokes

fair play, i just didn''t see any source in the original post just complaints.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Polar1990"]source smug? i haven''t seen any of this anywhere. enlighten us oh great one.[/quote]

I read this in todays Sun Sport, and before you gloat, they called the Ashton, Green and Francis moves correctly!. My take on this:

Although no doubt Doomcaster will claim any cash has already been bugeted  for!.[st]

[/quote]

Have you not realised yet WIZ... that this £5million from the sale of Earnshaw is all that we have in terms of a transfer budget for next season?

The Turners and Delia have no intention of financing any deals for players mate.

Wow smudger - not just the next nostradamous but a clarevoyant and psychic (o?) as well.

I can maybe believe davies can bid for eanrshaw, but earnshaw would face a huge risk of coming back down with derby. how would bootroyd ever make a bid and expect to get earnshaw. we wouldnt sell to a championship rival and earnshaw wouldnt want to go from one championship club to another. i think earnshaw may be sold but to one of these teams? i doubt it

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

Have you not realised yet WIZ... that this £5million from the sale of Earnshaw is all that we have in terms of a transfer budget for next season?

The Turners and Delia have no intention of financing any deals for players mate.

[/quote]

So where has the £2.5m and the £500k we''ve bid for Sharp and Marshall come from then?

[quote user="Cobain18"]I can maybe believe davies can bid for eanrshaw, but earnshaw would face a huge risk of coming back down with derby. how would bootroyd ever make a bid and expect to get earnshaw. we wouldnt sell to a championship rival and earnshaw wouldnt want to go from one championship club to another. i think earnshaw may be sold but to one of these teams? i doubt it[/quote]

Derby won''t come straight back down because they don''t think like you and the majority of City fans do Cobain...

Derby will spend well and will stay up... we have only seen the tip of the iceberg so far when it comes to how much they are likely to spend over the next couple of seasons...

They also have some very good hungry youngsters coming through I believe and an excellent manager.

Better for Earnie to take the chance of Premiership football.... coz he sure as hell ain''t going to get anywhere near it if he stays with us!!! 

Please lets just wait and see what happnes,

I have been told that the Turner''s have put around £4 Million in to a transfer kitty without player sales, this was also mentioned that there was no need for sales when there ''loan'' was announced. It seems the loan was just a cover up for something bigger.

I repeat there is a transfer kitty there without player sales, how much of the potential £4-5Million from Earnshaw''s slae gets reinvested remains to be seen, although despite the mumblings the board has actually always reinvested money. Probably around£2 Million (guess) would be added to the parachute payments, or unless they pay off the Turner''s Loan in return for this further investment.

Please, Before Slagging off the board, lets just wait and see. I think you''ll all be pleasently suprised whether Earnshaw leaves or not.

quote user"Peter Grant''s Tartan Army"

. Probably around£2 Million (guess) would be added to the parachute payments, quote

I''m having one of those mornings, Parachute Payments?, I meant transfer budget!

Derby do no have the resources. the two clubs that went up with them (sunderland and birmingham) have more money than them and will probably both stay up (birmingham have the experience and sunderland have a manager and a war chest of funds.) it''s not about how i or any other norwich fans think; with derby it is fact they will be another watford because brum and sunderland will not go down; wigan may bolton may i guess now allardyce has gone, but derby will finish bottom i bet u 

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So where has the £2.5m and the £500k we''ve bid for Sharp and Marshall come from then?

[/quote]

Though Scunthorpe''s chairman said we had made a bid for Sharp (Or did he even say that? Thought he said we just expressed an interest) there was never any talk of how much - for all know we might have offered something derisory £250K plus addons - and knowing Norwich these days, it wouldn''t surprise me one bit if that was the case.

It was obvious Earnie was off as soon as the Varney and Sharp bids were made anybody thinking different are living in a dream world .Earnie out Cureton in and the other £4.5 million will vanish just like it always does and people will be jumping for joy at our signing of £75,000 Scotts.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Smudger

You seem very certain that neither Delia or the Turners want to finance any money in the club on players.  Either you are in their immediate family or just guessing!  Please reveal your source or knowledge that can verify these claims. 

It would appear we have now bid 2m for Sharp.  Is this spare change then from the first week''s profit from the Holiday Inn? 

I guess from what you have said, the whole transfer dealings this summer rests on the sale of Earnshaw.  So if he isn''t sold pre season, that means (to you) we won''t sign anyone.....We will wait and see.

I think Earnie will go, and although one of our top players as long as we sign class (sharp, eastwood) i am not so fused if we get 5.5-6 for him, as never felt him and hucks played that well, and so take 3 mill profit on another striker maybe and a good few defenders and mids, so we have real competition, and quality, then i think it will be ok.

cardiff were tipped for relegation, sold cameron jerome, and financed squad overhall.

Also, true the sun get some right wiz, but how many do they get wrong???   they publish at least 5 rumours a day, and only a tiny number happen IMO.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

He will be sold... it''s near enough a done deal...

and we for sure as hell will not spend any more than the £5million that we are expecting to receive for Earnie... therefore the Turners, Delia & Co will have put in diddly squat but a bit of money for shares and paying you guys lip service!!!

Smudger

You seem very certain that neither Delia or the Turners want to finance any money in the club on players.  Either you are in their immediate family or just guessing!  Please reveal your source or knowledge that can verify these claims. 

It would appear we have now bid 2m for Sharp.  Is this spare change then from the first week''s profit from the Holiday Inn? 

I guess from what you have said, the whole transfer dealings this summer rests on the sale of Earnshaw.  So if he isn''t sold pre season, that means (to you) we won''t sign anyone.....We will wait and see.

[/quote]

[quote user="ncfc1"]It was obvious Earnie was off as soon as the Varney and Sharp bids were made anybody thinking different are living in a dream world .Earnie out Cureton in and the other £4.5 million will vanish just like it always does and people will be jumping for joy at our signing of £75,000 Scotts.[/quote]

Absolutely spot on mate!!!  [Y]

alex_ncfc didn''t the scunthorpe guy say we''d had a bid accepted?If so and it was £250k + add ons then someone is doing  pretty good negotiating!

[quote]Though Scunthorpe''s chairman said we had made a bid for Sharp (Or did he even say that? Thought he said we just expressed an interest) there was never any talk of how much - for all know we might have offered something derisory £250K plus addons - and knowing Norwich these days, it wouldn''t surprise me one bit if that was the case.[/quote]

http://www.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PINKUNOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED29%20May%202007%2018%3A35%3A40%3A403
[quote]
“They all know what our asking price is. It''s £2m plus other extras added into the deal which could bring us substantially more.

“I can confirm that Norwich have made a bid, but I cannot go into details while discussions are ongoing.

“Billy himself has been made aware of the approach. I promised him I would keep him informed of anything that happens."[/quote]

not being funny but id have Varney over Earnie in a flash!

Varney could go on to be a huge star in the game....

jas :)

Well, well, well.

My views remain the same. Anybody agree?

OTBC

30/04/2007, 3:55 AM

BlyBlyBabes is not online. Last active: 20/05/2007 21:04:07 BlyBlyBabes

Top 150 Posts
Joined on 31/10/2003
Posts 957

Re: Watford in for Earnshaw?

Reply Quote

Quite frankly, I''d be shot of him. Boothroyd and Malky would probably use him in their team properly.

Problem is that neither he nor Hucks does defence - and two of that type cannot exist together in one team in the modern game. Also each of them is such a ''star/big  player'' in the current City set-up that it would become a major issue one way or the other if either were left out of the starting line-up when fit.

Most of you who are honest with yourselves and prepared to eschew emotion will agree. It''s the same reason  why Bryan Robson and Earnie couldn''t take tea in the end. 

Get a good fee, tell him thanks and good luck...............and then cherry-pick a goalkeeper, a centre-half, and a holding midfielder from the lower leagues. And then sign former City striker Jamie Cureton on a two year performance-based contract.

Then insist that our major shareholders repay the 24-25,000 crowds and the 20,000 season ticket holders by dipping their hands in their pockets to fund two high quality season long loans of ''premiership quality''. This can be done by working with West Ham (Grant), Man Utd (Phelan), Birmingham (Bruce), London clubs (especially Spurs) in general (only 2 hours away by train), Celtic (Grant) etc etc.

I guarantee that this scenario would get us promotion within 2 years minimum.Big Smile [:D]

But it won''t happen.Sad [:(]

Why won''t it happen? Quite simply because our NCFC board is not sufficiently focussed on core business - football, and success.Sad [:(].

OTBC

P.S. This advice is copyrighted, but offered gratis to our board.Hmm [^o)]Huh? [:^)]

Don''t worry about a thing. ''Cause every little thing gonna be all right. Don''t worry.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

not being funny but id have Varney over Earnie in a flash!

Varney could go on to be a huge star in the game....

jas :)

[/quote]

Hear Hear! Ditto Sharp or Eastwood too!

6 months ago Smudger couldn''t stop talking about the likes of Varney, Sharp, Porter etc. If we have to sell Earnie then I am really not that bothered as I can''t see him getting any better unless he develops a first touch or the ability to see a team mate when within 30 yards of goal!

Smudger is right on one point though - if Earnie goes the vast majority of the money received had better be ploughed back into the team - if not surely even the most blinkered of fans will have to start asking awkward questions of where the money has gone.

From what I know, Derby are the only people who have declared their interest to the Norwich people. I don''t think Watford have or why they would considering Marlon King will be fit again soon and Yes Earnshaw and King would be a hell of a partnership but if Earnshaw went to Watford, where would they fit Will Hoskins in to the mix. The kid''s got raw skill and don''t rule of Tamas Priskin, he could blossom in the Championship.

Also about Billy Sharp, Preston have ruled themselves out for him because he could be too expensive. Scunthorpes price is £2.5 Million for him, a price we will match if Earnshaw goes.

Also (this is a rumour i''ve heard from a friend back in Norfolk aka not a rock solid source) Norwich have had a look at Crewe''s Nicky Maynard.

Thats all I know!

No I don''t agree BlyBly...

It could work yes... but if we do sell Earnie then all £5million needs to be invested straight back in to the playing squad immediately along with the other money that the Truners have promised (at least another £2million plus).

We all know that there is more chance of hell freezing over than that happening don''t we??? [6] [li]

[quote user="7rew"]Transfer window shock news:
"We bid on players and so do other clubs!"
"19-goal in 27 match striker in demand!"

What next from our very own Nostradamous?
"Tomorrow it will be thursday"
"One of the big four will win the premiership next season"
"The G8 summit will have absolutely no effect on the world"

Just because they''ve bid it doesn''t mean we have accepted it, or that we haven''t.

[/quote]

The deal is done and the genie is out of the bottle before PLONCASTER can put his spin on it. NCFC have sold the season tickets now it is sale time for the assets.