Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Potty Women Running Football Clubs!

Glad to see you have finally acknowledged your poor judgement.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="Margaret Thatcher"]That wizard chap should think of me too. [/quote]

Think of you Maggs? I was one of the millions who voted for you!.

Ye Gods, the pack instinct is strong today, judging by the reaction to my thread, you would have thought I''d ask for the vote to be taken away from the ladies!.

And no, I wouldn''t dare.

But regardless of your reaction, I''m not backing down over Delia or the Colchester Chief Exec, I  believe those two are all wrong for football. I find it interesting that Mr Cureton is now accusing Colchester of a lack of ambition. That is the same charge many City fans have levelled at Ms Smith.

I have done the same..........but in a different way.....................I''ve just called them potty.

If thats offended anyone that wasn''t my intenion, so maybe I''ll just use words like inept and foolish in the future!.

I think thats my last word on this subject...........maybe.[;)]

[/quote]

[quote user="Putney Canary"]
Wiz, do you honestly think that Cureton would be a suitable replacement for Earnie? Er, I think I would rather have our potty woman than a potty Wizard...
[/quote]

His 23/24 Championship goals last season would seem to back me up Putney, yes?.

Wiz, do you honestly think that Cureton would be a suitable replacement for Earnie? Er, I think I would rather have our potty woman than a potty Wizard...
[/quote]

[/quote]

Cureton is 32, and has had one good season and 2 or 3 decent seasons under his belt in League 1 and Championship. Earnie is 26 and consistently bangs in the goals at this level and higher. Earnie is being touted as a 5m striker, Cureton wouldn''t fetch more than a few hundred thousand at most, surely. I love him for the hair stunt vs Ipswich, but as a replacement for Earnie? No way!

[quote user="Putney Canary"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Cureton is 32, and has had one good season and 2 or 3 decent seasons under his belt in League 1 and Championship. Earnie is 26 and consistently bangs in the goals at this level and higher. Earnie is being touted as a 5m striker, Cureton wouldn''t fetch more than a few hundred thousand at most, surely. I love him for the hair stunt vs Ipswich, but as a replacement for Earnie? No way!

[/quote]

I agree with Putney.

If it was any other player with the same record (but without the prior connection) we wouldn''t be so keen to bring him here.

[quote user="Putney Canary"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree with you to a point Putney, but as Sharp won''t be coming here, imo, who else is there who can get near 24 goals a season, doen''t cost too much...........and most importanly, would wish to come here?.

[quote user="megson"][quote user="Putney Canary"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I agree with Putney.

If it was any other player with the same record (but without the prior connection) we wouldn''t be so keen to bring him here.

[/quote]

It is irrefutable knowledge, that Jamie has an undeniable passion for NCFC, and would play - with an undeniable passion for NCFC.......I would invoke that the club take him onboard.

No complaints from me, if we have a 38 year old DD playing alongside a 31 year old JC. 

Jamie would certainly would be more influential and true VFM - than our recent departing, overpaid, occasionally fit free-spirited surfing striker........who was unfortunately, a niggling non-productive financial drain and a complete thorn..e in the side, who actually made Neil Emblem look like a first team regular.

Jamie Cureton? "GERRUM ''ERE!"[Y] But only if he dyes his barnet green for the local derby (both ''home and away'' against our ''neighbours'')........

[quote user="megson"]

[/quote]

Yet Grant was quite happy to bring Brown here as a striker Megson!. Cripes!, I know who I''d prefer up front my friend.  [:O]

Okay, we have Delia ''La La Smith at City, thats taken as granted. But now we can can add that Delia wannabe woman at Colchester.

She''s the Chief Excex there I believe, well most of you must be aware that Jamie (God yes please!) Curetin has handed in a transfer request.................which SSN this morning has said has now been rejected by the Us!.

Clever thinking that............they tried the same thing with Phil Parkinson.....................and he left!.

This woman carries some weight at the club..................all she''s achieved is to have a very unhappy player at the club.

Well, we should help her out of the hole she''s dug for herself,........sell Earnshaw to Derby.............. and make damn sure we get Jamie in as his replacement..........

The things men have to do for women eh?.

[/quote]

This has to be the biggest load of unintelligable drivel on this board at the minute. I welcome anyone to show me anything to change this opinion.

Besides the sexist tones and the ridiculous "I''ll put my post in alternating bold/unbold" which smacks of conceited arrogance like nothing else, the constant successive line of dots betray this poster as some illiterate idiot. If you can even bother reading the post (which I forced myself too) you realise the poster is somewhat articulate and reasoned in his opinion.

Please lose the ridiculous emboldening of paragraphs and the repetitive and boring dots (and therefore this attempt to make your opinion seem important) and maybe your sexist arguments will go accepted as it''s at least a good, well reasoned argument (ie the sell Earnshaw for Cureton bit).

Moving on to that topic, I have to agree that Cureton is not the long term answer to Earnshaw''s departure. He could well, however, be the short term; long enough for us to find another goalscorer? Or perhaps stepping forward will be a certain Chris Martin? Who knows.

[quote user="Wings"]

This has to be the biggest load of unintelligable drivel on this board at the minute. I welcome anyone to show me anything to change this opinion.

Besides the sexist tones and the ridiculous "I''ll put my post in alternating bold/unbold" which smacks of conceited arrogance like nothing else, the constant successive line of dots betray this poster as some illiterate idiot. If you can even bother reading the post (which I forced myself too) you realise the poster is somewhat articulate and reasoned in his opinion.

Please lose the ridiculous emboldening of paragraphs and the repetitive and boring dots (and therefore this attempt to make your opinion seem important) and maybe your sexist arguments will go accepted as it''s at least a good, well reasoned argument (ie the sell Earnshaw for Cureton bit).

Moving on to that topic, I have to agree that Cureton is not the long term answer to Earnshaw''s departure. He could well, however, be the short term; long enough for us to find another goalscorer? Or perhaps stepping forward will be a certain Chris Martin? Who knows.

[/quote]

Wings:

I get a niggling feeling that you don''t like me, or my posts.............or my style very much!.  [:D]

But as you are somewhat new here, I''ll let you into a few secrets.

1. I don''t usually respond to veiled insults.

2. There are many superb posters on here, with large post counts (200 and above) whom I have a great respect for...............but I still wouldn''t do things their way if they asked me!.

3. I don''t believe I''m sexist, but will agree, some may see it that way.

Other than the above................I''m sure we''ll get along fine my friend!. [;)]

Have you apologised to Delia for this as you suggest others should do for there comments?