Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Potty Women Running Football Clubs!

Okay, we have Delia ''La La Smith at City, thats taken as granted. But now we can can add that Delia wannabe woman at Colchester.

She''s the Chief Excex there I believe, well most of you must be aware that Jamie (God yes please!) Curetin has handed in a transfer request.................which SSN this morning has said has now been rejected by the Us!.

Clever thinking that............they tried the same thing with Phil Parkinson.....................and he left!.

This woman carries some weight at the club..................all she''s achieved is to have a very unhappy player at the club.

Well, we should help her out of the hole she''s dug for herself,........sell Earnshaw to Derby.............. and make damn sure we get Jamie in as his replacement..........

The things men have to do for women eh?.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Okay, we have Delia ''La La Smith at City, thats taken as granted. But now we can can add that Delia wannabe woman at Colchester.

She''s the Chief Excex there I believe, well most of you must be aware that Jamie (God yes please!) Curetin has handed in a transfer request.................which SSN this morning has said has now been rejected by the Us!.

Clever thinking that............they tried the same thing with Phil Parkinson.....................and he left!.

This woman carries some weight at the club..................all she''s achieved is to have a very unhappy player at the club.

Well, we should help her out of the hole she''s dug for herself,........sell Earnshaw to Derby.............. and make damn sure we get Jamie in as his replacement..........

[/quote]

So Wiz, tell you what, why don''t you try running a football club, sink your fortune into it, and see how well you get on.  Then in ten years time come back and tell us all how it''s done. 

As a woman I can understand up to a point that you can''t trust a mere woman to be successful running a business, but unless you can say that every club a MAN runs is perfect, what''s your argument?

You pick out Colchester and Norwich to make a point as they have women in high positions within the club.  What about the other 90 odd? 

Jamie Cureton, as good as he was for us, is now 31 years old and is NOT Dion Dublin, before you say age is not a factor.  We shouldn''t be going backwards, but forwards getting in young hungry talent (Sharp for example).  Methinks Cureton has ideas above his station and one season scoring for fun (although helped largely by Iwelumo) makes him think he can set the Premiership on fire.  

I am sure she made Jamie very happy when he signed his contract to begin with.  Was she in charge then? 

Okay, we have Delia ''La La Smith at City, thats taken as granted. But now we can can add that  Delia wannabe woman at Colchester.

[/quote]

Well done Wiz, a new low has been reached - even by your exceptionally shameless attention seeking standards - and that''s not bad going. [:)]  

Ye Gods...............sensiitive or what?

In my opinion (put strongly I agree) thats how I see it.

Yes Gazza, when and if I get the money.................I''ll offer to put it in.....................but as I''m not pure English and live in Suffolk..............Delia wouldn''t let me!.[;)]

Well, please tell me what reaction you expected to this pointless guff then Wiz. The only other feasible alternative is that you get no reaction and we all know that that would upset you far more. [;)]

"...This woman carries some weight at the club..................all she''s achieved is to have a very unhappy player at the club..."

What about all of the men who have caused players to be unhappy at their clubs?

What about the Chairman of Newcastle who insulted his own teams fans for buying replica shirts?

What about the man who ruined Leeds United?

What about the man who invested in Wrexham FC and very nearly drove them to extinction?

What about the man who very nearly did the same thing at Brighton?

What about the man who invested in Hearts and got so carried away by his power that his best players have left & there was virtual civil war going on at the club throughout last season?

& etc etc etc...

...and this woman has turned down Jamie Cureton''s transfer request, she puts the all of the above to shame!

Ye Gods...............sensiitive or what?

In my opinion (put strongly I agree) thats how I see it.

Yes Gazza, when and if I get the money.................I''ll offer to put it in.....................but as I''m not pure English and live in Suffolk..............Delia wouldn''t let me!.[;)]

[/quote]

If sensitive means not demeaning someone and being sexist for the sake of it, then I am glad to be a sensitive person.  I was hoping for some constructive reasoning as to why a woman (in this case the two you cited at our club and Colchester) were not, in your opinion, up to the task.  I am still waiting.

Surely you must have ample material to use and solid facts to base your opinions on.  Where is it reported that  Delia wouldn''t seek assistance from  someone who''s not 100% English (for the record, who is?) and living in Suffolk.  What has someone''s address got to do with anything....

Just what is your problem at the moment Wiz? Is this some sort of task in the Pinkun Big Brother house where Big Pinkun (steady) has ordered you to secretly rile everyone on this board and get as many votes against you as possible??First you wind up the pro Grant supporters (easy enough), then just Scots in general, now women!! Who next? I suggest you do a bit more research into our friend over in Colchester before you start accusing her of having achieved nothing. In fact, you don''t need to because i did it for you in a previous post here:http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/946023/ShowPost.aspxAnyone who started going to a football club as a teenage cheerleader and ended up CEO, presiding over multiple promotions and getting the club within one league of the premiership, all with a ground capacity of 10,000, deserves even your respect.

Oh deary me, I suppose in a vain effort to show I''m not a total sexist pig, I should point out Karen Brady of Brum as the perfect example of how a woman in football can be a real asset to the game.

Not for her the drunken pitchside rantings or the ''little Birmingham'' attitude of a Z list cook. Even a brain tumour op couldn''t slow this iron lady down............if only we had people like her on board at City!.

My issue with the Colchester lady was purely about her trying to get Cureton to stay by refusing his transfer request..........nothing more.................yet again many of you have seen ''issues'' where there weren''t any. And as I''m often refered to by many on here as potty, I take your complaints as pot, kettle and black!.

I don''t hate, dislike or loathe all women in football,  just a few of them!. [;)]

So Wiz, what you are really saying is you are having a dig at a Director of Colchester United, because she turned down a transfer request.  If that''s the case, why bring Delia into it?  What did it have to do with her?

I agree, Karen Brady is a good example of a female Director who''s done well.  But then she'' s had substantially more backing (money) than Delia has at our club.  It''s all relative.  I also wondered if you could come up with a list of men who have "failed" in the same way you think Delia has.  You were arguing against women in football in general, and your final sentence said it all.  That is sexist.

I would not bother with a reasonable response.  Apparently it is ok to call people whatever you want on here, and a lot of people seem to consider it ok to do so. 

To judge a director in any business area based upon what they have between their legs is to be honest absolutely ignorant.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]

So Wiz, what you are really saying is you are having a dig at a Director of Colchester United, because she turned down a transfer request.  If that''s the case, why bring Delia into it?  What did it have to do with her?

I agree, Karen Brady is a good example of a female Director who''s done well.  But then she'' s had substantially more backing (money) than Delia has at our club.  It''s all relative.  I also wondered if you could come up with a list of men who have "failed" in the same way you think Delia has.  You were arguing against women in football in general, and your final sentence said it all.  That is sexist.

[/quote]

The other thing that makes this latest ''look at me'' post even more sad, is that anyone who knows anything about the Norwich board knows that it is her husband that is the dominant force behind the scenes, Delia is the figurehead. 

To attack her decisions on the basis of her sex is as far removed from reality as, well, believing in Wizards.

[/quote]

Wiz is trying to dig himself out of a hole he dug himself...Gazza sums it up perfectly - it was sexist twaddle of the highest order.

Personally, as someone trying to teach potty training to a toddler, I think Potty Women are the perfect people to nurse-maid poor overpaid little loves who have to stumble out of their Bentleys and Hummers for 90 minutes exercise of a Saturday afternoon, before picking the wifey up from the tanning and pedicure saloon, and then onto the milkshake bar on the Prince of Wales Road, as potty training requires the patience of a saint, and the communication skills of Pope John Paul II.  Not to mention the cleaning skills of Trinny and Suzannah, or is it those slightly older 2, I always get them muddled up, you know the Scottish ones.  Oh dear, now I''ve gone and mentioned the Scots.  Better get the old tin hat on and await the Wiz I suppose...

Cmon Wizard, snap out of it, you cant honestly have a low opinion of the ColU chief excecutive because she turned down a transfer request from Jamie Cureton can you?

[quote user="JC"]

To attack her decisions on the basis of her sex is as far removed from reality as, well, believing in Wizards.

[/quote]

You are very good at pointing the finger JC..........its just a pity you cant answer my questions................after you''ve accused me of everything under then sun.

Oh, and I was at a wizards convention only last weekend, there were hundreds of us!. [:D]

Gazza:

I''m speechless and I give up!.

To anyone else:

I never try to dig myself out of a hole, never!................if I''m wrong I''ve always put my hand up and say so (So many of you don''t!) but in this case I believed I was right, still do, and I stand by everything I''ve said.

Some of you are more intent in your usual ''wizard bashing''............so much so its transaparent..............carry on, because you won''t change me.....................the wiz is not for turning!.[;)]

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

the wiz is not for turning!.Wink [;)]

Does this mean your real name is Maggie?

[/quote]

It would explain a lot....

Sons of Boadicea, the military wing of the Norfolk Nationalist Party does not tolerate sexist abuse (for obvious reasons), we shall therefore be sending a raiding party over the border to deal with 1st Wiz. It is suggested that the said 1st Wiz sleeps with one eye open from here on in....

On a more serious note I am not sure why Archant allowed this sexist rubbish through, I would like to be assured that 1st Wiz is not being given preferential treatment because I suspect other posters have posted far less contentious material only for it to be censored.

[quote]Sons of Boadicea, the military wing of the Norfolk Nationalist Party does not tolerate sexist abuse (for obvious reasons), we shall therefore be sending a raiding party over the border to deal with 1st Wiz[/quote]

Our fellow brethrens at the extreme cake-making wing of the Mid-Norfolk W.I are right behind you SoB !  They have their whisks at the ready, and upon your command are ready to give Wiz a light battering.

We expect the mission to be a complete success, with 1 hospitalisation, 3 eccles cakes and a profit of £32.50 for the local church roof appeal !

I know i''m doing exactly the same thing, kind of making me a hypocrit, but:

If what Wiz say''s bothers you all that much, why reply to it?

I don''t think he''s an attention seeker, he just loves the over-exaggurated reaction he seems to get :/

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

My Dear Yankee

How nice to know you still think of me!

Your avatar reminds me of dear Ronald - whom I called the second most important man in my life! He of course referred to me as "the best man in England". But as you well remember I was an Iron Lady in my day, not a weak and useless man!

That wizard chap should think of me too. He would do well to remember that if you want something said ask a man but if you want something done ask a woman. It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.

I was brought up by a Victorian grandmother and we were taught to work jolly hard and in the same way these women in football got where they did through hard work.

I would like to see them go on and on and on and on and on. Just like I did.

I usually make my mind up about a man in ten seconds and I very rarely change it and I believe that Wizard chap changes his mind as often as I change my M&S knickers. My message to him is “You turn if you want to, the ladies are not for turning!”

[quote user="Margaret Thatcher"]That wizard chap should think of me too. [/quote]

Think of you Maggs? I was one of the millions who voted for you!.

Ye Gods, the pack instinct is strong today, judging by the reaction to my thread, you would have thought I''d ask for the vote to be taken away from the ladies!.

And no, I wouldn''t dare.

But regardless of your reaction, I''m not backing down over Delia or the Colchester Chief Exec, I  believe those two are all wrong for football. I find it interesting that Mr Cureton is now accusing Colchester of a lack of ambition. That is the same charge many City fans have levelled at Ms Smith.

I have done the same..........but in a different way.....................I''ve just called them potty.

If thats offended anyone that wasn''t my intenion, so maybe I''ll just use words like inept and foolish in the future!.

I think thats my last word on this subject...........maybe.[;)]

[quote user="Margaret Thatcher"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

My Dear Yankee

How nice to know you still think of me!

Your avatar reminds me of dear Ronald - whom I called the second most important man in my life! He of course referred to me as "the best man in England". But as you well remember I was an Iron Lady in my day, not a weak and useless man!

That wizard chap should think of me too. He would do well to remember that if you want something said ask a man but if you want something done ask a woman. It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.

I was brought up by a Victorian grandmother and we were taught to work jolly hard and in the same way these women in football got where they did through hard work.

I would like to see them go on and on and on and on and on. Just like I did.

I usually make my mind up about a man in ten seconds and I very rarely change it and I believe that Wizard chap changes his mind as often as I change my M&S knickers. My message to him is “You turn if you want to, the ladies are not for turning!”

[/quote]

How nice to hear from you Mrs. Thatcher. There are far too many males on this forum who think they, and they alone, "possess the knowledge" when it comes to football matters, but you showed that a determined woman can kick a few balls around with the best of them. If Ronnie was still with us he would still be your biggest fan. He knew how to be a man without being threatened by a talented woman who could move mountains. As a matter of fact, a question; is it possible that you could be appointed Prime Commissioner of British Football? There are a few who constantly moan about the inequities and dangers to the game as it is today. I can''t think of a finer person than yourself to come to grips with the issues and put things back on a proper footing.

Fond regards from one of your many fans on this side of the water.....Yankee

Think of you Maggs? I was one of the millions who voted for you!.

[/quote]

All the more reason to take your ramblings with a shovel of salt I would say!

[/quote]Wiz, do you honestly think that Cureton would be a suitable replacement for Earnie? Er, I think I would rather have our potty woman than a potty Wizard...