Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Under Grant, We've Become Cheap!.

So cheap its stinks!.

The board wern''t daft when they hired ''three bags full sir'' Grant, his main remit it would seem is to buy cheap!.

And no, I don''t accept this fabled Billy Sharp bid, it was never more than ''lip service'' anyway to keep us fans quiet. Its my opinion that Grant was hired purley as a lackey for the board to manipulate.

Smith said he was hired because he was a ''winner'', oh yeah Smith?....................what has he won as a manager?...................I''ll tell you...........naff all!

Its now June the 5th, and just like last year with that other puppet, we''ve not signed anyone yet despite alleged offers and inquiries (sound familiar?) What happened to ''hit the ground running'' and all the new players in well before training starts?.

It was all cobblers, spin, and we''ll end up with cheap, panic buys and loans. I was 100% right in January, and I am now!.

Under Grant we''ve become cheap.............................and he can sod off!.

Well, let''s see.We need about 6 or 7 players to make a decent squad with competition for each place in the first team.Even the biggest spenders in the Championship last season only spent 11 million, and they bought 8 or 9 players.So yes, not every player we buy will be a multi-million pound player.  You would be the first person to complain if we got bad value for the money the club are attempting to spend.But then, I suspect you''d be the first person to complain in any circumstance.

Wiz, mate, why do you bother with Norwich?

The management aren''t good enough, the players aren''t good enough, we don''t buy players as quickly as you''d like, the board are no good & all the club offers us is spin, lies and deceit...according to you!

Now you may be right!

But I do wonder that, with all these reasons for upset, you still bother with the club and haven''t toddled off to support a team that is a little more to your proactive liking!? Cos'' mate, it isn''t worth the stress!!

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

So cheap its stinks!.

The board wern''t daft when they hired ''three bags full sir'' Grant, his main remit it would seem is to buy cheap!.

And no, I don''t accept this fabled Billy Sharp bid, it was never more than ''lip service'' anyway to keep us fans quiet. Its my opinion that Grant was hired purley as a lackey for the board to manipulate.

Smith said he was hired because he was a ''winner'', oh yeah Smith?....................what has he won as a manager?...................I''ll tell you...........naff all!

Its now June the 5th, and just like last year with that other puppet, we''ve not signed anyone yet despite alleged offers and inquiries (sound familiar?) What happened to ''hit the ground running'' and all the new players in well before training starts?.

It was all cobblers, spin, and we''ll end up with cheap, panic buys and loans. I was 100% right in January, and I am now!.

Under Grant we''ve become cheap.............................and he can sod off!.

[/quote]

Today

That right, the OLD 1st Wizard is DEAD, thats right HE''S NO MORE!.

Apart from the Delia, Mumby and the Docaster issues (I still don''t like them, but will from now on, keep quiet on the subject!) I want no more truck with Club bashing, player slagging or manager baiting.

With me, a lot of the issues I had with NCFC were with Nigel Worthington and his supporters, thankfully, thats all now in the past. Anyone who goes to Carrow Road now, must have noticed the positive change in the atmosphere, I know I have.

Supporters smile a lot more now, and Peter Grant has given us all hope, well for me he has!. Yes, I didn''t want him here, my choice would have been Tilson or Newell, but you can''t keep festering ''old'' arguements for ever, can you?.

I admire those who have stuck to their ''everybody out threads'',  but its my opinion, that they are very much now in the minority!.

There''s a revolution happening at Norwich now under Grant, and I want to be part of it, not against it!. He has inspired me of late, and to that end, don''t expect too many anti club posts from me any more.

That old 1st wizard has been dead for some while now...................may he rest in peace forever!..

Say hello to the new First Wizard.

[/quote]

3 months ago.

Embarrassing I''d say.

You have answered your own outburst.  ITS ONLY JUNE 5TH !!!!  Why dont you wait and see like the rest of us are?  If we have not signed anyone come 1st of August then perhaps it will be a time for concer, but to be honest this post just makes you look utterly childish.

Thank god you never got to run for office, you would have pressed the nuclear button years ago.

wiz your becoming boring with the same old rubbish every day, delia she can sod off. earnshaw he can sod off. now grant he can sod off.

i used to enjoy your posts, now once you have read one you''v read them all.

try to think of something else to write about.  so i can go back to having a laugh with my lunch time cuppa.   

Must be really cloudy in Lowestoft today Wiz.

I was goning to nip down to the caravan today but if the weather is bad enough to put you in a mood, I''m glad I didn''t bother.

[quote user="JC"]

You have answered your own outburst.  ITS ONLY JUNE 5TH !!!!  Why dont you wait and see like the rest of us are?  If we have not signed anyone come 1st of August then perhaps it will be a time for concer, but to be honest this post just makes you look utterly childish.

Thank god you never got to run for office, you would have pressed the nuclear button years ago.

[/quote]

It''s going to be a long and painful summer. Still you can''t deny he gets responses to his posts like few others! This post looks a lot like the Billy Sharpe post from a few days ago and yet we''re still all replying away, we just can''t seem to help it!!

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

Wiz, mate, why do you bother with Norwich?

[/quote]

Very simple Shuck, I''m now 59 years old, and the club got into my blood when I watched my first game when I was 8!. You can''t or don''t just ditch a club because of the current idiots who are ruining, sorry, running it after 51 years of active support, do you?.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Well, let''s see.

We need about 6 or 7 players to make a decent squad with competition for each place in the first team.

Even the biggest spenders in the Championship last season only spent 11 million, and they bought 8 or 9 players.

So yes, not every player we buy will be a multi-million pound player. 

You would be the first person to complain if we got bad value for the money the club are attempting to spend.

But then, I suspect you''d be the first person to complain in any circumstance.

[/quote]

oh yeah?

Name one team that spent £11million in the Championship last season (or ever).

[quote user="SPat"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

So cheap its stinks!.

[/quote]

Today

That right, the OLD 1st Wizard is DEAD, thats right HE''S NO MORE!.

Apart from the Delia, Mumby and the Docaster issues (I still don''t like them, but will from now on, keep quiet on the subject!) I want no more truck with Club bashing, player slagging or manager baiting.

With me, a lot of the issues I had with NCFC were with Nigel Worthington and his supporters, thankfully, thats all now in the past. Anyone who goes to Carrow Road now, must have noticed the positive change in the atmosphere, I know I have.

Supporters smile a lot more now, and Peter Grant has given us all hope, well for me he has!. Yes, I didn''t want him here, my choice would have been Tilson or Newell, but you can''t keep festering ''old'' arguements for ever, can you?.

I admire those who have stuck to their ''everybody out threads'',  but its my opinion, that they are very much now in the minority!.

There''s a revolution happening at Norwich now under Grant, and I want to be part of it, not against it!. He has inspired me of late, and to that end, don''t expect too many anti club posts from me any more.

That old 1st wizard has been dead for some while now...................may he rest in peace forever!..

Say hello to the new First Wizard.

[/quote]

3 months ago.

Embarrassing I''d say.

[/quote]

Well I applaud WIZ for this U-turn...

It was only the pack mentality of the bully boys on here and people like yourself who delve back in to the archives to pick up any bit of dirt on a poster they can that made WIZ feel inclined to post the first of these two posts...

I never for one moment believed that Wiz was backing Grant to the hilt.

While I am not against Grant it does appear that he is just another puppet on a string... but that is all that I can see any manager of NCFC being under the current boardroom set-up.

Wiz, good to see you haven''t lost the ability to wind everyone up. I will try and reply constructively to try and aid the debate that you wish to start.....

I think this post is a tad early. It would seem we have had bids accepted for 2 players in Varney & Sharp (I appreciate your views on these bids but we can''t deny them have been made & accepted). Apparently the Otsemebor deal is done and dusted and we have had a bid rejected for Marshall. In addition, we have been linked to numerous other players. It would, therefore, appear that we re at least making attempts to sign players. Sadly we are 2 years to late in being this proactive as we are no longer as attractive a proposition as we were 2 years ago.

I''m not sure how Grant is making us cheap as he can only spend what he is given. I cannot recall any other players last year where we had bids accepted this early. Our inactivity was negligent and a shocking indictment of the board.

It would seem that the market is starting to pick up with the first transfers of the summer done in the last few days (Bramble,McAnuff, Barton, Parker).

As long as we have the majority of any signings in before we return to pre-season training then I will be happy. If come July the 1st, all we have are a couple of freebies then you will have been proved correct.

Perhaps everyone is on holiday and no transfers are done until July[;)]

[quote]Name one team that spent £11million in the Championship last season (or ever).[/quote]

From Wikipedia - English Football Transfers 2006 / 2007
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_football_transfers_2006-07

As previously mentioned by me on this thread :
http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1/935265/ShowPost.aspx#935265

Birminghams'' spending for last season.

Artur Krysiak [UKS SMS Lodz Academy - Birmingham] Undisclosed
Gary McSheffrey [Coventry - Birmingham] £4m
Nicklas Bendtner [Arsenal - Birmingham] Loan
Radhi Jaidi [Bolton - Birmingham] £2m
Sebastian Larsson [Arsenal - Birmingham City] £1m
Gary Dicker [University College Dublin - Birmingham] Loan
Pat Kavanagh [unattached - Birmingham]
Rowan Vine [Luton - Birmingham] Undisclosed
Steven Kelly [Tottenham - Birmingham] 750k
Cameron Jerome [Cardiff - Birmingham] 3m

10.75 m pounds spent, + 2 Undisclosed, 2 Loans, 1 Free.

If you believe that Birmingham got Rowan Vine and Artur Krysiak for less than 250k, then it appears I owe you an apology, Smudger old chum.

O come on you lot take Wiz like the pinch of salt that you have with your meals - at least he gives me a laugh and is not as boring as some of the posts that we have on here - Keep it up Wiz you are a gem

Bully boys? just because someone goes back to find Wiz''s last rant to show precisely what his opinion is worth?

You, Smudger, are exactly who I''d expect to his annoying guff and precisely why I very rarely read the tosh on this board.

Thankyou and see you all in 2 years time

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]Name one team that spent £11million in the Championship last season (or ever).[/quote]

From Wikipedia - English Football Transfers 2006 / 2007
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_football_transfers_2006-07

As previously mentioned by me on this thread :
http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1/935265/ShowPost.aspx#935265

Birminghams'' spending for last season.

Artur Krysiak [UKS SMS Lodz Academy - Birmingham] Undisclosed
Gary McSheffrey [Coventry - Birmingham] £4m
Nicklas Bendtner [Arsenal - Birmingham] Loan
Radhi Jaidi [Bolton - Birmingham] £2m
Sebastian Larsson [Arsenal - Birmingham City] £1m
Gary Dicker [University College Dublin - Birmingham] Loan
Pat Kavanagh [unattached - Birmingham]
Rowan Vine [Luton - Birmingham] Undisclosed
Steven Kelly [Tottenham - Birmingham] 750k
Cameron Jerome [Cardiff - Birmingham] 3m

10.75 m pounds spent, + 2 Undisclosed, 2 Loans, 1 Free.

If you believe that Birmingham got Rowan Vine and Artur Krysiak for less than 250k, then it appears I owe you an apology, Smudger old chum.

[/quote]

I believe that you will find that Larsson was on a season long loan...

But then again you missed out Neil Danns £500k but you are still probably right that Birmingham would of spent nearly £11million so you have my apologies BLAH.

Were you not claiming that more than one team spent this amount though?  Because I wouldn''t of thought that Sunderland or Derby spent anything near as much and I know that Southampton spent about half that amount.

[quote user="BIC"]Bully boys? just because someone goes back to find Wiz''s last rant to show precisely what his opinion is worth?

You, Smudger, are exactly who I''d expect to his annoying guff and precisely why I very rarely read the tosh on this board.

[/quote]

Unlike many on here BIC, I''ve always been ''blessed'' with the ability to question, reform ideas and re-adjust to changing times and personalities.

I now have to use a word unfamiliar to you............flexibility.................try using it sometime!.

Oh, bye and see you in two years.

[quote user="BIC"]Bully boys? just because someone goes back to find Wiz''s last rant to show precisely what his opinion is worth?

[/quote]

Unlike many on here BIC, I''ve always been ''blessed'' with the ability to question, reform ideas and re-adjust to changing times and personalities.

I now have to use a word unfamiliar to you............flexibility.................try using it sometime!.

Oh, bye and see you in two years.

[/quote]

Pah, flexible, question?? Yeah right, more like chug like a clapped out old trawler to wherever the fishing is best.

Larsson was a season long loan - but they brought him in January, I

think the deal actually starts this transfer window, so maybe it should

be counted in this seasons spending, I''m not sure

[quote]Because I wouldn''t of thought that Sunderland or Derby spent anything

near as much and I know that Southampton spent about half that amount.[/quote]You''re right there, Sundarland and Derby didn''t spend anything like that, and to be fair Birmingham did sell a few players back into the Premiership, I think they sold about 18 million pounds worth of players that weren''t undisclosed, which is why they were able to spend what they did.  Not to mention that their directors had to buy some of those players out of their own pockets, so it''s not just Norwich that aren''t able to spend the headline figure they receive.What''s more telling to me is the turnover of players over last season.Birmingham - 11 players in, 10 outSunderland - 16 players in, 13 outDerby - 12 players in, 7 outNorwich - 6 players in, 7 out.Teams that support large squads are able to chop and change, and we haven''t had that flexibility until now.  You could argue that we have a settled squad, but isn''t that part of the reason for inconsistency ?   If you know your place isn''t under threat for next week, you can afford the odd last minute goal conceded, after all.

[quote user="SPat"]

Pah, flexible, question?? Yeah right, more like chug like a clapped out old trawler to wherever the fishing is best.

[/quote]

I much prefere sail when I''m fishing![:D]

So cheap its stinks!.

[/quote]

Apology for Mr Grant?