Sign in to follow this  
Snuggles

Quick Brain Teaser

Who can tell me what these teams have in common?

Barnsley
Colchester
Hull
Norwich
Plymouth
Reading
Southend
Stoke
Wigan

[quote user="hogesar"]they''ve all played in the championship? [:P][/quote]

True, but that''s not the answer I''m thinking of! There are other teams who have also played in the championship.

The teams in my list are the only ones entitled to be in this particular category

I''m gonna have a guess that it''s something to do with the FA Cup being as how it''s the Cup Final this weekend.

So are they the teams from the top 2 leagues who have never appeared in the final?

have they all finished in the top 3 of a division on a minus goal difference?

or is it that they have completed a season losing the same number of games that they have won?

jas :)

They are the only ones left with a British owner?

Or is it they are all run by someone who is a fan of the club?

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

I''m gonna have a guess that it''s something to do with the FA Cup being as how it''s the Cup Final this weekend.

So are they the teams from the top 2 leagues who have never appeared in the final?

[/quote]

That was my first guess Nutty, but what about QPR?

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

1982 V Spurs Ricardo.

If we are right I just can''t believe Stoke haven''t. I always remember them as a bit of a ''cup team''. George Eastham, Peter Dobing and the like!

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

1982 V Spurs Ricardo.

If we are right I just can''t believe Stoke haven''t. I always remember them as a bit of a ''cup team''. George Eastham, Peter Dobing and the like!

[/quote]

oops! I forgot about that one.

In that case I think you are probably right.

[/quote]

Barnsley won the FA Cup in 1912 and got to the final in 1910. Unless it is not appeared in a Wembley FA Cup Final?

[/quote]

You got it.

For a club which once had a tradition as cup fighters, we keep pretty shabby company.

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Barnsley won the FA Cup in 1912 and got to the final in 1910. Unless it is not appeared in a Wembley FA Cup Final?

[/quote]

They mentioned that in the commentary so looks like you are right Stevie Wonder.

I didn''t check out all the others just a guessed. Did you verify it snuggles or did you actually mean Wembley Finals?

[quote user="Snuggles"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

You got it.

For a club which once had a tradition as cup fighters, we keep pretty shabby company.

[/quote]

kind of a duff quiz considering QPR have.....so have Barnsley...

jas :)