Sign in to follow this  
Dr Terrible

Is this a football forum or tv forum?

Sorry but i feel the need to ask as it seems that we are no longer allowed to have different opinions.

I joined up this morning but am being told already by people what i can and cant discuss.

it seems talking football is no longer wanted and now on the pink un site we are supposed to discuss things like last nights apprentice?

I do apologise i thought we still allowed freedom of speach.

Given what has been happening over at canaries.co.uk I would have thought that most people on here, whether new or old would welcome some good serious football chat.

If you don''t want to talk about the beautiful game then we could talk about the old days of hoofball under Worthy.

(Just don''t mention xpert eleven or Pete will start!)

I don''t see why people can''t talk about being a TV.  I mean, it''s not like we''re in the dark ages in Norfolk, and I''m sure a few of us must have been to Amsterdam or San Fransisco in our travels, or watched channel 4 occasionally, and seen worse things than a hairy-backed moustachioed bloke dressed up to the nines in lippy, foundation, a boob-tube, 5 inch heels and a micro-mini-skirt.Yours Sincerely,Susan Blah (at weekends).

[quote user="wayne gardner"]

Sorry but i feel the need to ask as it seems that we are no longer allowed to have different opinions.

I joined up this morning but am being told already by people what i can and cant discuss.

it seems talking football is no longer wanted and now on the pink un site we are supposed to discuss things like last nights apprentice?

[/quote]

I think you will find that being told by people what they think you can or can''t discuss is having different opinions.  It actually sounds like you expect everyone just to go along with your views of what is appropriate or not - unfortunately freedom of speech means that they have the absolute right to tell you what they think, that''s life.

[/quote]

I don''t get your point.

People have disagreed with you, you have the chance to answer back. This is not a denial of your right to free speech.

There are people in this world who have no right to free speech, bleating about somebody disagreeing with you on an internet forum rather cheapens that don''t you think?

I''m with Wayne here.

One annoying aspect of the old Offy site, was a select few posters on there who turned it into a ''General talk about anything'' website rather than a football message board.

My fear is that now the new Offy site is total dogs poo, a few refugees from there will now try to do the exact same thing on here.

One simple solution is to spurn and totally ignore those types of threads.

I see the Pink Un as a Norwich City FC message board.............and long may it continue to be so!.

[/quote]

Sorry but I don''t understand what your problem is??

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="wayne gardner"]

[/quote]

Sorry but I don''t understand what your problem is??

[/quote]

Is this the ''Official Cup Final Day Apology Thread''?

If so can I be sorry too please?

If not I''m sorry to have intruded.

My point, August 64, is that Timothy Lumsden was in sorry.

But that was the Sitcom sorry that was on TV. So I''m sorry if the TV Sitcom sorry shouldn''t be discussed on these boards. Sorry if that wasn''t clear in my original post.

"One annoying aspect of the old Offy site, was a select few posters on there who turned it into a ''General talk about anything'' website rather than a football message board.

My fear is that now the new Offy site is total dogs poo, a few refugees from there will now try to do the exact same thing on here.

One simple solution is to spurn and totally ignore those types of threads."

Sorry Wiz but the official site is often funny and vibrant for exactly this reason. Discussions about NCFC abound but the pace of the forum means they are constantly moving on, instead of having to check back a day later to see if someone responded to a point you''d made.

There will always be people who want to talk about television, songs, politics, theology (that was a long discussion on here at one point if I remember rightly).

I don''t see the problem in thse subjects mingling in with posts about NCFC. There''s only so many times you can express an opinion on Andy Hughes, Drury''s contract, the Board, Delia or the price of hot dogs - especially in the close season.

And, as you say, if you have a problem with these type of threads simply ignore them.