Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

What is the worst current NCFC policy?

My vote goes to the season ticket policy.

Too many season tickets in proportion to capacity.

Should be reported to the competition watchdogs.

What to you think is their worst policy?

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

But how is it a policy?

Too many season tickets for sure.

Would be better all round if there was less.

But how do we achieve that?

What criteria should the club use to reduce the season tickets?

Why do so many fans want season tickets?

Why do you have yours BlyBlyBabes?

Maybe the clubs worst policy is selling the season tickets cheaply in February before it''s apparent just how bad the current season could turn out.

Cant take photos at the match without one of stewards telling you to stop or they will kick you out

The season ticket policy is I am guessing the greatest number they can achieve in order to obtain cash funds for whatever!  Hopefully players. 

I think it''s a bit steep to be honest, there are lots of us who have season tickets who don''t live locally, but retain one to ensure we can attend a match of our choice.  In my circumstances I also renew every year out of habit and loyalty, however misguided this maybe. If I can''t attend my daughter or a friend will go in my place.  I never seem to have trouble getting someone to sit in my seat.

There does seem to be a large waiting list, and the club has consistently sold out its season ticket allocation for the past few years, so they must be assuming they have got the numbers right.

If I knew for certain I could attend any match I wished, I would maybe not get a season ticket every year, who knows, circumstances and lifestyles change!  For me, this can happen a few times during a season!!

I wonder what will happen should the second tier be built on the City Stand to increase capacity and therefore fufill all current season ticket wannabees?  Would that then lower prices?  I am no accountant, but I am sure Mr Doncaster has worked it all out   lol

OTBC

[/quote]

So who''s going to tell me I no longer have a right to a season ticket?

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

OK.. I''ll do it Ricardo.. I''ll do the dirty work this time!

You no longer have the right to be a season ticket holder. It''s for your own good and I''m only being cruel to be kind. The Club have somehow played a trick on you, they have hoodwinked you into buying something you don''t really need and it''s spoiling the whole thing for those fans who don''t want to go and enjoy watching it on the wireless.

As a trial for next season all season ticket holders whose name begins with ''R'' and saw Lawrie Sheffield score a hat-trick on his debut have to become casual fans. I believe you qualify. Goodbye.

OTBC

[/quote]

My vote goes to NCPLC for forgetting its running a FOOTBALL club

Season Tickets. Purely an astute marketing policy.[I]

See whether we''d get 24,000+ attendances, if they capped them at 16,000/17,000.[^o)]

Membership is a bloody joke as well.[N]

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

You no longer have the right to be a season ticket holder. It''s for your own good and I''m only being cruel to be kind. The Club have somehow played a trick on you, they have hoodwinked you into buying something you don''t really need and it''s spoiling the whole thing for those fans who don''t want to go and enjoy watching it on the wireless.

As a trial for next season all season ticket holders whose name begins with ''R'' and saw Lawrie Sheffield score a hat-trick on his debut have to become casual fans. I believe you qualify. Goodbye.

[/quote]

Laurie/Lawrie?[*-)]

But I thought you knew everything, Nutty.[:-*][C][C]

OTBC

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

Season Tickets. Purely an astute marketing policy.[I]

See whether we''d get 24,000+ attendances, if they capped them at 16,000/17,000.[^o)]

Membership is a bloody joke as well.[N]

[/quote]

I honestly don''t get how this astute marketing policy (or season ticket scam as another poster used to call it) works though. How do the club convince 20,000 people to buy season tickets? Whatever it is they do it works because those people renew year after year regardless of performance on the pitch. If we could find out how they do it I''m convinced it could be used in other business ventures and we could get rich!

Birmingham lost 40% of season tickets (8,000) on relegation last season. We get relegated and gain season ticket holders! Why?? We had ten home league gates of under 15,000 in our best ever season in the premiership yet last season only 4 below 24,000 and none below 23,000. I have asked again and again on here if anyone knows how this astute marketing policy or season ticket scam works. You are my last hope Mello, how do the club make this policy work, how do they sell so many season tickets in the first place?

I don''t know what Membership entitles people to so can''t really comment. But I pay junior membership for my grandchildren and one trip to QPR on ''juniors'' saved more than I spent on all three.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You''ve really upset me now Nutty. Yes I do remember seeing Lawrie,Laurie Sheffield score a hat trick on his debut.

To all those supporters who watch on the wireless, I really must apologise for my half century plus of loyal support (30 years of that as a season ticket holder).

Next season I vow to queue up at the gate as a casual supporter. Is it still half a crown at the gate and ninepence for a transfer into the enclosure?

Worst policy - signing players who dont WANT to win promotion

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Laurie/Lawrie?[*-)]

OTBC

[/quote]

Lorry/Laurie/Lawrie [*-)]

Lawrence Joseph Sheffield

Check him out at http://www.edp24.co.uk/Content/Sport/CanaryCentenary/1960_1970.asp

Seems like your lorry is a few bricks short of a load Bly [:-*][C][C]

[/quote]

Nutty, was it you then who wrote the incorrect bumph for Canary Centenary?

My lorry is full.[:D]. Don''t worry!

Looks like you are a bit short of the full ticket today though![:-*]

Check out these two references, for example:

http://www.neilbrown.newcastlefans.com/norwich/norwich.htm

http://www.pinkun.com/Content/ncfc/statattack/TopGoals.asp

Or if you want to go back to Barry Town data...........?

One love.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Laurie/Lawrie?[*-)]

OTBC

[/quote]

Lorry/Laurie/Lawrie [*-)]

Lawrence Joseph Sheffield

Check him out at http://www.edp24.co.uk/Content/Sport/CanaryCentenary/1960_1970.asp

Seems like your lorry is a few bricks short of a load Bly [:-*][C][C]

[/quote]

Nutty, was it you then who wrote the incorrect bumph for Canary Centenary?

My lorry is full.[:D]. Don''t worry!

Looks like you are a bit short of the full ticket today though![:-*]

Check out these two references, for example:

http://www.neilbrown.newcastlefans.com/norwich/norwich.htm

http://www.pinkun.com/Content/ncfc/statattack/TopGoals.asp

Or if you want to go back to Barry Town data...........?

One love.

OTBC

[/quote]

http://www.donny.co.uk/Doncaster/news/index.php3?ID=1090

Well well bly..[:O] I was surprised that you came back to me on this as it''s a bit pedantic because neither of us is going to be wrong [N] or right [Y] because as you well know Lawrence can be shortened to Lawrie or Laurie.. but it''s fun (not) [|-)] so I''ll carry on playing the game. The above link is my equalizer so that''s 2-2. [:^)]

[I]Now how about straying back onto the thread briefly to explain to me how this season ticket policy actually works [8-)].

There''s no shame [W] in being a few bricks short of a full load you know so don''t take it to heart [U] too much. I''ve had kangoroos loose in the top paddock [:''(] for many years and I''ve found that to be an advantage on here most of the time[<:o)]

Waiting until the "11th hour" to conduct our transfer activity (purchasing that is), i''m hopeful that the muted early of the Crewe lad is a sign of doing away with this particular trend

A full pre-season together is more valuable than saving 3-4weeks wages in my opinion, get them in, get them settled & get them playing

The Spin that wafts out of Carrow Road is the worst idea.

Season tickets are great for business. I bet that there are many businesses who wish that their customers would pay upfront for the year no matter what state the goods were.

Also if the waiting list is so full why did the ticket office continually phone people who had not renewed just to remind them, and in some cases I know when the ticket holder had stated that they were not going to renew in a previous call?

Losing their focus on football and getting "obsessed" (R. Munby quote unquote) with other projects.  It was what got us into trouble in the Chase era and now it''s happened again.  Inexcusable, and completely avoidable.

it''s the little things that annoy me like the way the club bang on about the need to be careful with money yet have 2 mc''s on match day???there''s a 50% money saver right there?