Sign in to follow this  
sheded

Holts broken dream !

I know this is just a bit  irrelevant to most   ( except MM`s mate )  ,  but that  Forest v Yeovil match  !   Forest were utter crap !   beaten by a bunch  of straw chewers   , with a  " stadium "  they should keep cows in !     FFS   !  it was embarrisking .......   [:''(] Yeovil  outplayed Forest in every department ,    strong , direct ,  skilful ,   they blew Forests defence apart  !    I congratulate  them   in getting to Wembley , and, if they play the same, Blackpool have no chance  !  

I hope our players were watching that match ?   and learning  how football   SHOULD  be played ........

I didn''t see the match, but listened with my girlfriend (Yeovil fan) and it was nervy times. After being 2-0 down from the first leg I didn''t give the glovers much of a chance but well done to the Yeovil lads they pulled off a big shock.

Best of luck for the final.

Ha, I bet she enjoyed that, KP! She''ll be looking forward to seeing the mighty Yeovil at Carra Rudd next season, no doubt! Wish her luck from me... with Blackpool tearing Oldham apart yesterday as well, it looks like Wembley might get the final it deserves at last!

I had money riding on Forest delivering their part of the playoff bargain, but they blew it in such spectacular style.

What a bunch of t@ssers... Hope they stay down for years to come... [:@][:$]

I attended college at Yeovil a few years back when Norwich were in the top flight (Sutton / Fleck era) and Yeovil were a conference side in financial trouble, Yeovil were the local club to support for me.

Let me tell you, it''s a weird feeling knowing that I could be going to Huish Park next season to watch Yeovil v Norwich in a competitive league match next season.

[quote user="mbncfc"]

I had money riding on Forest delivering their part of the playoff bargain, but they blew it in such spectacular style.

What a bunch of t@ssers... Hope they stay down for years to come... [:@][:$]

[/quote]

I , too ,  had a small bundle riding on Forest  doing the business !      damn it ....     in all honesty . they  DO  have plenty  to get right  next season,   they seem to be a kind of Norwich  in div one  !    but ...... who knows ?

I''m sorry that we won''t be seeing Holty back here next season - "he''s there, he''s there, he''s ev''ry****in''where, Gary Holt, Gary Holt". Without a doubt Safri has him for skill, but Safri has nothing like Holt''s determination and consistency. An honest professional, and couldn''t we do with a few more of them here now.

[quote user="Old Boy"]I''m sorry that we won''t be seeing Holty back here next season - "he''s there, he''s there, he''s ev''ry****in''where, Gary Holt, Gary Holt". Without a doubt Safri has him for skill, but Safri has nothing like Holt''s determination and consistency. An honest professional, and couldn''t we do with a few more of them here now.
[/quote]

I would love to see Holty back at Carrow Road so that he could receive the reception he deserves, but would he get it? As I remember it when he last played for us his name was booed when the teamsheet was read.

There is no doubt in my mind we have been poorer without him.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Old Boy"]I''m sorry that we won''t be seeing Holty back here next season - "he''s there, he''s there, he''s ev''ry****in''where, Gary Holt, Gary Holt". Without a doubt Safri has him for skill, but Safri has nothing like Holt''s determination and consistency. An honest professional, and couldn''t we do with a few more of them here now.
[/quote]

I would love to see Holty back at Carrow Road so that he could receive the reception he deserves, but would he get it? As I remember it when he last played for us his name was booed when the teamsheet was read.

[/quote]

Was never ever worthy of pulling on a City shirt in the Prem - ok, give him a game or 2 at the start of the season, and have him on the bench and in the squad, but was p*ss poor that season and, while this is through no fault of his own, his constant selection in the starting 11 was just one of our downfalls that season. We''ve said it millions of times now, but when Worthy finally had the balls to drop Holt and Edworthy, and bring in Safri and Helveg, we played our best football.

Was good for us at a time, but this is why people got on his case.

[/quote]

[/quote]

you are absolutely right, people''s frustration with the constent picking of a not fully fit, out of his depth Gary Holt did manifest itself in a particuarly awful way.  And totally undeserving for the player, unfortunatly people''s anger was directed at the wrong person.

How we could have done with Gary Holt around these last two seasons.

[/quote]

[/quote]

handy in the championship with a thunderbolt of a shot and one of the reasons we went up.. but, unfortunately, looked hopeless in the premiership.. a bridge to far for Gary....

but i wish him well.

jas :)