Sign in to follow this  
Potts

WIMBLEDON TO CARRY ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just read on BBC sport that Wimbledon have agreed a deal to continue with their creditors, good news as we can keep our hard earned 6 points.

If the creditors had not accepted the deal they would have been forced into liquidation (not administration). At this stage of the season it would have been unlikely that liquidation would have been achieved fast enough to have put them in the position that they could not play out all their remaining games which is the only way we could have lost our points.

But as I mentioned on another thread, although this would have helped WBA, all other teams would have effectively lost out on the 6 points too - meaning the gap to third would by and large have been maintained either in terms of points or games in hand.

It would not have been all bad but it would have affected the title race and made us even more ''edgy''.

Anyway - as you say - we don''t have to worry about it now.

Things are certainly looking a lot brighter - but technically there are still a further 28 days in which the creditors can object to the Creditors Voluntary Arrangement announced today.

a1 - see this thread where I wrote about this before...

I wrote to, and got a response from the Football League...

http://new.pinkun.com/Forums/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=20203

If any team cannot meet its obligation to play all its games in a league campaign, then that team''s record is ''expunged'' from the records.

So in theory - yes - we could have lost 6 points and West Brom only 1 point. But as I said above the gap to 3rd would pretty much have been maintained.

Even in the unlikely event that the CVA is objected to within the next 28 days - its still very unlikely that the actual winding up order would complete before the end of the season.

Just imagine if Wimbledon failed to play just their last game of the season and by applying the FL rules it affected promotion and relegation places - it just doesn''t bear thinking about and I''m sure all hell would break loose if it did.

Still, this is now very, very unlikely - so panic ye not!