Sign in to follow this  
ca

Dion is Staying

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss [:D][:D]

Thats made my day!

Also nice to hear Grant say that the fans played a big part in Dion''s decision

Guess I''ll have to share my affections now 50/50 with my Hucks!

Good news that angel,

If nothing else it shows how much he thinks of the present City set-up that he is prepared to commit himself to all the commuting this decision entail.

Good news the big fella has decided its worth putting those legs through another season of punishment. Hopefully he''ll be able to sort something out so his family can be down here, I did the A47 to the midlands at the weekend, while it was better than the A11/M6 route I wouldn''t fancy it twice a week!

Thanks Celia and heres a nice picture of our two legends to bring out the positive vibes in everyone for next season

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/ncfc5/Norwich%20City%20Pics/hucks-dion.jpg[/IMG]

I''m a bit iffy about this.

On one hand, the big mans a legend around these parts, and there''s no doubt in my mind that his sterling efforts helped keep us in the Championship. His sheer presence at times was awe inspiring...........however!.

Should we be going loopy over re-signing a utiltity 38/39 year old player?.

I''m pleased he''s decided to stay because at times he can be a real joy to watch, but if he gets injured, we only have players like Brown left in that role. Yes, I expect Earnie to go!.

Thats just my view at the moment, and of course PG may well bring someone new in, but whilst I''m okay with this news..........I do still have real concerns for the new season.

But I won''t go potty over it!.

Wizard,

I think you have to think of the motivational factor and what he can do to help the youngsters at the club. He won''t start every game thats for sure but he''ll make an exceptional squad player and he''ll be our very own super sub when needed.

I''m still on a high over this.

CA

P.S. Are you going to the friendly at Lowestoft?

Well I never thought I''d be so pleased about a 38 year old signing on! His experience and know-how at the back and up front will be vital for us to develop our younger players, and if he can re-create his form this year, for just one more season then it''d be a bonus! OTBC

Obviously it''s brilliant news that Dion has decided to stay, but i really hope that PG still realises that the centre of our defence needs stabilising big time. Having DD in the squad for another year can only help, but when he retires we need to make sure that we''ve got better players than Doherty to replace him. The Otsemobor and Baptiste links are promising, but getting Dion for another year should not be allowed to distract us from the fact that our defence is in desperate need of strengthening!

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

God willing of course.

But I advise everyone to park at Beccles, because the parking around the Crown Meadow ground is an utter joke, and resident only I think!.

Mind you , if they opened the near-by school playground it would be a doddle!.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

God willing of course.

But I advise everyone to park at Beccles, because the parking around the Crown Meadow ground is an utter joke, and resident only I think!.

Mind you , if they opened the near-by school playground it would be a doddle!.

[/quote]

Hi Wiz,

That whole area is an utter joke for parking - I know, I used to live not far off there [:@]

People travelling from outside Lowestoft would be better off using the train, which is what I''ll probably be doing I think.

It''d be great to see Dion play at Crown Meadow, as long as he doesn''t injure himself on their surface [;)][:D]

Finally! Good, we need him. Superb motivator, strong, influensive, big encourager, awsome player!

We love u DION! DION! DION! DION!

OTBC!

I think some of Dions''s most positive contribution will be off the pitch. His influence, dedication, enthusiasm and professionalism rubs off on the younger players. Nothing but great news, and Shacks will continue to improve next to him, which will be brilliant news for the long term

im sorry wiz you have let yourself down here dublin is a top player.i dont care what age he is.

and what happens if hucks get injured what happens if earnie gets injured its all ifs and buts,

this is the first positive sign of the new season lets hope there is more to come.

I agree with Wiz in many respects on this.

Dion performed well this season and we do need a deeper squad so one that basis I am happy that he has signed.

However there are serious flaws in signing him.  At 39 we should be investing in some talented youngsters instead.  While Dion is here the temptation may be too great to resist, especially with fan pressure coming to bear, that he is recalled or introduced when things go wrong.     Wherever he plays it will be at the expense of developing one of our younger talents (whether spillane or a new signing in defence or Martin up front), which is too much of a sacrifice for me. 

While he may have exuded confidence at the back his goals and points per game was no better than any other option and up front he hardly built a stunning relationship with Earnie when fit.

If he is here to build experience on the training field (which means training here daily and not with Villa) and as emergency cover only then it is excellent news,   if he is used more than that then for me it signals a lack of investment and ambition. 

I''ve tried looking for the thread from last year when we first signed Dublin, and wanted to compare my comments a year ago with those of today... unfortunately it seems that, according to the Pinkun, no one discussed Dublin before today... [^o)]Anyway, I''ve made no secret of my Dublin U-Turn, and needless to say my comments last year were not happy ones... Today, the best words I can think to describe me reaction to this news are:WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![:D][:)][H][<:o)][B][Y][*][ip]And so forth......

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

However there are serious flaws in signing him.  At 39 we should be investing in some talented youngsters instead. 

[/quote]I''m sure he wouldn''t thank you for adding a year on so soon after his birthday! He only turned 38 on the day of the scum game.[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

up front he hardly built a stunning relationship with Earnie when fit.

[/quote]Errr, just how many minutes did he partner Earnie up front for?I can remember a couple of home games at most, he and Earnie seemed to understand each other OK last game of the season.I don''t think anyones suggesting Dublin is the be-all and end-all of our close season business, but he''s a valuable asset, whether as a starter, a sub or a mentor to younger (and not so young) players.Anyone who disagrees obviously didn''t watch Norwich play much last season.

There are two threads running on this at the same time, and my thoughts are on the other. But I find myself agreeing with ZLF.

PG''s comments about finding a replacement for Dion if he left, both up front at at centre back, must still apply now he''s staying.

And, as yet, he hasn''t been given any other role than ''player''. I hope that changes too...

[quote user="king of latvia"]

im sorry wiz you have let yourself down here dublin is a top player.i dont care what age he is.

[/quote]

Thats a bit unfair King!, in the post of mine you are quoting I wrote:

''On one hand, the big mans a legend around these parts, and there''s no doubt in my mind that his sterling efforts helped keep us in the Championship. His sheer presence at times was awe inspiring...........however!.''

I''m hardly attacking the big guy am I?.

Ditto for my post Wiz - there are positives in his signing,  but to ignore the possible downsides is foolhardy....