Sign in to follow this  
Shack Attack

Liverpool fans behaviour on Wednesday

Nothing to do with Norwich I know, most of the discussions regarding our club seem to be going round and round in circles at the moment, but I feel this is important none the less.

The media seem to be painting this story as one of the poor, hard done by Liverpool fans being let down by poor organisation by UEFA. Now I''m not sticking up for UEFA here by any means, they make the FA look almost well organised by comparison, as their ticketing arrangements and security on the turnstiles clearly left a lot to be desired. However, I think people are missing a few points here.

1. It was Liverpool fans who forged tickets and then attempted to enter the match with tickets that they knew were forged, thus depriving fellow fans who had legitimately bought tickets the right to see their team in the European Cup final.

2. It was Liverpool fans who stormed the entrance of the ground attempting to get in to the match, again depriving fellow fans who had tickets. Surely if there''s one set of supporters anywhere in the world who should have had second thoughts about these actions and the possible results of having a dangerous amount of extra fans inside a ground it''s Liverpool.

3. There were no such reported problems with Milan fans, funny that.

As I said UEFA are not blameless in all of this, an allocation of 17,000 tickets for a club of Liverpool''s size (or Milan''s for that matter) is scandalous, but that''s the nature of modern day football. If Steven Gerrard wants £100,000 per week to play for the club he claims to love so much then part of this has to be financed by "corporate entertainment" which in turn means that genuine fans miss out.

No doubt Liverpool fans will escape censure and we''ll be told to excuse their actions and have to listen to some hoary old chestnut about how "resourceful" those Scousers are and how they''re "the best fans in the world". For me though it''s nonsense, their actions were dangerous and the media and the Minister for Sport (I notice he''s got involved now) need to tell them so and stop pandering to them.

I could not agree more , the " scouse Wit " is nothing more than a media misconception

Liverpool fans are among the nastiest I have come across , a trip to Anfield in the  80''s and 90''s was a trip to a place where you felt constantly under threat , they were always trying to find ways to get into Carrow Road for free as well ( Kenny Dalglish always had lots of CLeaners and drivers who had been promised his tickets ) 

Apparently the Greek Police asked fans to hold up their tickets as they waited outside teh ground , once they did several had tickets stolen ( including Children ) by their FELLOW LIVERPOOL FANS , also the quality of teh forgeries was so bad that any Liverpool fan buying or making one could never hope to pass it off as genuine

They to me are nothing but scum

That good old ''Scouse Wit''!

They don''t mean any harm. It was just a jolly prank to attack Alan Smiths ambulance. Misfortune just seems to follow them around and they are never to blame for any of it.

We played at Liverpool the Saturday after Brian Clough died and it was the only ground where there was no minutes silence. Apparently Mr. Clough had said some nasty things in the past and it was felt those jolly pranksters wouldn''t have observed it.

This thread is spot on, it appears to me that everybody else is to blame apart from the Cheeky Chappie Scousers.

Funny how it didn''t happen last year with Arsenal, Ok the Stade De France is bigger but it is a lot easier to get too.

Luckily there was no loss of life on Wednesday.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

They don''t mean any harm. It was just a jolly prank to attack Alan Smiths ambulance. Misfortune just seems to follow them around and they are never to blame for any of it.

We played at Liverpool the Saturday after Brian Clough died and it was the only ground where there was no minutes silence. Apparently Mr. Clough had said some nasty things in the past and it was felt those jolly pranksters wouldn''t have observed it.

[/quote]

Liverpool are a bunch of W***ers anyway! shame Everton or Tranmere cant be better than them... I have always found Everton fans to be good honest people. Tranmere are the "little Brothers" and are just lucky to follow their club.

jas :)

Completely agree with comments here.

One report I read pointed put how funny it was that the ticketless fans had "steamed" the entrances in an effort to get in & how it illustrated to us mere mortals that we were lagging behind the cheeky Scouse scoundrels when it came to supporting their team-ho ho ho, ha ha ha, look at them, marvellous, isn''t it??-now we know how they managed to fill three sides of the ground, a certain Mr Tyldesly was wetting himself with mirth and sickly admiration about that on Wednesday night-yep, more "...aren''t they amazing..." and "...lets all have a collective hard on listening to them singing...", it gets more than tedious and repetitive, but what can you do, the media and its associates suck up to them so whole heartedly, you wonder they haven''t turned their tongues inside out.

As it is, its seemingly illegal to speak ill of the club, the people, or the City. Look at how they wanted Boris Johnson hung, drawn and quartered, he said that some of the people up there (and I emphasise some) had a "victim mentality", how right he is! Nothing is their fault, its always down to something else, someone else, whatever-they were even blameless for Heysel if you have the patience to listen to some of the apologists up there.

I agree with an earlier post, away days at Liverpool were, and remain, intimidating. On that day when we beat them 1-0 and Goss scored the last goal in front of the Krap, being a Norwich fan at the end of that game was not a wise career move-I think we were supposed to turn up and roll over, one Liverpool fan was quoted as saying,  "...eh, last Kop game and ye''ve got no respect, your team...", FFS!

I read this morning -two days later, how much longer is the tearful mass inquest going to carry on?-about a fan who had a ticket, got in, and found his seat had been taken over by three ticketless fans who made it quite clear what they''d do to him if he made any fuss, eventually, as he didn''t have a seat (as the afore mentioned three wankers were there) he was thrown out!

They robbed us of the right to play in Europe three times before we eventually achieved it. Not only us, but other fine sides, including the Everton team that won the league plus the Coventry and Wimbledon sides that won the FA Cup. Not only that, when we were all allowed to re-enter Europe, so were they-so Liverpool and Norwich, plus all the other clubs had exactly the same punishment for a crime that was solely that of Liverpool fans (or Chelsea fans apparantly, according to one book!) in Heysel. Can''t easily forget or forgive for that-the success we had in the 80''s and early 90''s, combined with those three seasons of European campaigns we should have had might have meant the club was able to develop and progress far more than it eventually did.

Yes, a bitter old bastard, but its been going on for years and years and years, and it just gets worse and more force fed down the throat every single time.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Liverpool are a bunch of W***ers anyway! shame Everton or Tranmere cant be better than them... I have always found Everton fans to be good honest people. Tranmere are the "little Brothers" and are just lucky to follow their club.

jas :)

[/quote]

For once Jas i couldnt agree with you more, although i think you will find Tranmere folk hate being refered to as scousers!

Yeah, this is a great thread - the media is unbelievable with the way they suck up to these ''loveable'' scallys. Watching all those ''innocent'' fans trailing back through JL airport on Thursday giving interviews about how hard done by they were (despite it being so obvious what had actually happened) was teeth grindingly annoying.  

Get real. How do you know the Liverpool fans forged their tickets, they probably bought them off touts not knowing they were forged.  I think you pay too much attention to the media, listen to the real fans perhaps you will get a true reflection on what happened.

Liverpool fans are by far the BEST in the world.

Nice remark from the ITV commentary team too...

"It''s another away game for Milan as Liverpool fans, and don''t ask me how, make up two-thirds of the stadium."

Listen to the radio, watch the TV Scooby. They had a "loveable scouser" on talk sort this morning bragging about how easy it was to get through 6 checkpoints with a forged ticket. They and their like are complete scum with no conscience whatsoever. Clearly Hillsborough means sod all to them if they are still hell bent on getting into a stadium that was sold out, yet again. without a proper ticket. Fair play to the Greek police for averting what could have been another disaster. Perhaps the b*stards who got in by foul means should pay a visit to the families of those poor people who died at Hillsborough through to many people getting into the ground without tickets, and explain to them "what jolly and loveable people they are". Scum, Scum Scum.

seat124 get your facts right Hillsborough was not caused by Liverpool fans getting into the ground without tickets, the police opened the gates to let in a large number of fans arriving late for the game.  Have you ever been to Anfield & seen what Hillsborough means to those fans, I dont think you have.  What happened in Greece would have still happened even if it was Chelsea or man Utd there.

By the way its TALK SPORT & I listen every morning you get a lot of scousers phone up because they know a lot about football and are very pasionate.

are you disputing the fact that there were also ticketless fans at hillsbotrough as widely reported then and now? Have you not heard and read and indeed witnessed the endless diatribes of scousers gaining admission without paying/having a ticket. Get real mate, their reputation for this is, unfortunately, world wide and they seem proud of it..

of course Hillsborough means a lot to real fans, remember we were at Villa park that day and it hit home very hard when the full enormity of what happened was known to us. I have been to Anfield (once and will never go again) and fully appreciate what the horrendous event that day means to the true and genuine fan. Was also at Hillsborough for our semi final and in the leppings lane end where norwich fans laid a wreath. What i said was that the scum that gained admission into an already packed stadium (or it would have been had the greek police allowed everyone in) should be ashamed of what could have happened in any section of the ground which would have become overcrowded. They are not all loveable rouges you know, your friends from Merseyside.Have a read of a few books written by Cass Pennant, Dougie Brimson etc to see what they think and know about your friends from Merseyside.

apologies for missing the p in sport, must concentrate harder when trying to get over an emotional point, but are you saying that the scousers are more knowledgible and passionate that all other fans?

Get off your high horse Scooby, you Liverpool fans were not blameless at Hillsborough, and yes i live on Merseyside.

And Jas Everton fans are equally as scummy, i could recount many tales 4 u !!

[quote user="Scooby"]

Get real. How do you know the Liverpool fans forged their tickets, they probably bought them off touts not knowing they were forged.  I think you pay too much attention to the media, listen to the real fans perhaps you will get a true reflection on what happened.

[/quote]

That would be the same "best" fans in the world who got english teams banned from europe and cost norwich 3 uefa cup runs?

The same "best" fans who mugged my friend and i on anfield road?

The same "best" fans who have openly admitted to me, and i have witnessed at england games that they rob there way across europe when on forigen travels?

Cant beat that scouse wit can you.

I agree that Liverpool fans are passionate and know a lot about the game-but all other clubs have their passionate fans, and all other clubs have their quota of fans who know a lot about football-Liverpool fans don''t have the monopoly on this as we are led to believe.

And the "best fans in the world"? Well, thats something that will never be proven by any team and their fans. But I''ll say one thing-its fairly easy to motivate yourself to go to Athens and watch the Champions League final & other games of that stature. But what about, for example, the few hundred Torquay fans who would have made their way up to Hartlepool or Darlington  last season, or vice versa? Fans of small teams, teams not in the public eye, teams who are not successful or "trendy" to support-yet they still go, week in, week out. Doesn''t that make them special fans as well? IMHO that takes a lot more doing than going to Liverpool -or any other top 6-8 Prem side-games, anywhere, at any time & deserves far more credit. "We''re great because we all went to Athens". Well woo-hoo. How difficult was that?

A Liverpool fan wrote in "The Times" today about how ''steaming'' into games has been done and boasted by, Liverpool fans for decades now and that it is a ''badge of honour'' -he adds that it is a good thing (!) as it is all about "class war" and "striking back" against all the money in the game. Yes, as well as endangering lives and taking away another persons ticket but hey, whatever, you do what you like, after all, you''re all fucking untouchable anyway.

[quote user="Scooby"]

seat124 get your facts right Hillsborough was not caused by Liverpool fans getting into the ground without tickets, the police opened the gates to let in a large number of fans arriving late for the game.  Have you ever been to Anfield & seen what Hillsborough means to those fans, I dont think you have.  What happened in Greece would have still happened even if it was Chelsea or man Utd there.

By the way its TALK SPORT & I listen every morning you get a lot of scousers phone up because they know a lot about football and are very pasionate.

[/quote]

You certainly seem to have an extremely rose-coloured view of all things Liverpool. 

We''re raking over old ground now - Hillsborough was indeed largely the Police''s fault but not completely: there were indeed plenty without tickets who deliberately arrived late to force the situation, one of my friends was there and saw it all first hand.  The police screwed up big time but that it would be poorly policed was what some were hoping for, or they''d not have got in.  They could not have foreseen what their action was going to do, but the disaster would not have happened but for these people, irrespective of the poor policing decisions made.

What you can''t seem to grasp is that it is the very fact that Hillsborough supposedly means so much to these supporters which makes what happened on Wednesday all the worse, as those same fans seemed intent on recreating it all over again.  To say it would have been the same if it were Chelsea or Man Utd there is pointless and unprovable - they weren''t there, Liverpool were, and a complete shambles they were too.

[quote user="Scooby"]

[/quote]

Obviously another plastic liverpool fan with a norfolk accent. How many timesw have YOU been to anfield? Myself, 4 and i would hardly call them the best in the world from past experience.

[quote user="Scooby"]

[/quote]

Once upon a time in Liverpool there were the best fans in the world who knew the most about football and followed the most legendary team across Europe with their tear jerking passion, singing and wonderful resourcefulness but, unfortunately, the wicked witch of the east conspired to make disaster befall these wonderfully witty chaps even though absolutely none of it was ever their fault, ever.......

I think its you who needs to get real and stop believing in fairytales mate.....

Liverpool v Bruges, European Cup Final, a family from Liverpool took my best mate, when on the tube, held him bent over the seat and drew a hacksaw over his stomach.All because he had a southern accent a ticket for the match and they  didnt.

Thats mum , dad and the kids, nice yer?

[quote user="Barrik"]

Liverpool v Bruges, European Cup Final, a family from Liverpool took my best mate, when on the tube, held him bent over the seat and drew a hacksaw over his stomach.All because he had a southern accent a ticket for the match and they  didnt.

Thats mum , dad and the kids, nice yer?

[/quote]

Mmm, this thread has kind of gone off track as everybody tries to outdo each other with tales about their worst encounter with Liverpool fans. Every club in the league has it''s fair share of scumbags who support them, I don''t think the incident you mention is purely indicative of Liverpool fans.

However it''s nice to see that the majority on here have not been sucked in by the media spin, trying to make out that the actions of Liverpool fans were harmless and that they were somehow just loveable rogues trying to get in to watch the best supported team in the world. Do you think the media would have reported things in the same way if it had been say, Leeds or Millwall fans?

No doubt Scooby wil reply that the same would have happened if it was Chelsea/Man U/Norwich (not very likely on the last one i must admitt!), in the final.

Come on Scooby, lets have a reasoned reply from you, please?

just to add more to the stereo-type, i went to the world cup last year and i would say that even at the non-england games, 3 out of 5 touts were scousers.

totally agree with every point raised here, a columnist in the guardian said exactly the same thing yesterday, how he felt sorry for all the ticket holding fans who couldn''t get in but when he got to the airport all he could hear was all these liverpool fans bragging how they managed to get in for free etc...

the media makes this mistake every year, they seem to think that just because a team is ''based'' in england they assume that the rest of the country is behind them and that we should all feel sorry for them if they lose or if their fans are hard done by.     

I''m a big Liverpool supporter and to say that we are some of the nastiest around is as scandalous as the amount of tickets we were allocated. If you go to Anfield the atmosphere is ALWAYS good, even when we''re being thrashed by Arsenal 6-3, and what happened when you were being beaten by Burnley at home? boos and chants of we want worthy out, when he''s done more for that club than peter grant ever will. Also, yes perhaps some of the Liverpool fans actions were wrong on Wednesday, but you look at what happens in Italian football, its almost weekly, and UEFA should be held fully responsible for what went on, the facilities at the stadium were poor, there were no turnstiles, it''s an olympic stadium not a football stadium, there''s bound to be trouble. Liverpool is always a friendly place, the people there are nice, and they SUPPORT THEIR CLUB.

i know that italian football has it problems, but there was no trouble at the milan turnstiles that night.

english clubs were banned from europe for many years thanks to ''passionate'' supporters like liverpool, and as for us booing at the burnley match it was a long time coming, you would have done the same if you had a manager who had clearly lost the plot, he may have done a good job for us for 3 seasons but his last 3 seasons at the club he dragged us back down, if not lower, to where we were before he joined us.

I agree with everything you have sed lfcman1 except the worthington point. Give Grant a chance. Anyways youd tell us to piss off if we were making comments on rafa and the like. So go back to liverpool off you go... bye bye