Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

blame delia for everything

[quote user="lappinitup"]

7rew. where did you find THAT.

And Arthur, I think that what the majority of the posters on here don''t understand is, and while a lot of us may agree with your views regarding the board and the way the club has been heading over the last three seasons, we would like to know what positive plans  you have to bring about changes.

It''s one thing to go hurling insults at Delia and the board on this message board and to have a pub meeting with like minded souls but it''s an entirely different thing to organise a properly organised campain to achieve that goal.

In that event, all that I ask is that you -

1. Detail all the grievences that you have with this board.

2. Provide proof of any wrongdoings.

3. Explain how you will remove this board.

4. Who you have in mind to replace them.

5. And how ?

[/quote]

As i recall Artur has already said he will display his ideas here or in public saturday at the coachmakers pub st stephens saturday. So either turn up, or wait for his plan to be posted before slagging him off.

[quote user="Cluck "]

Just stopped by for a read and I see the Board''s apologists are busting their panties to get themselves heard as usual.

Typical clap trap from Putney...yet another pompous Londoner who thinks he knows what''s best for us country yokels no doubt. Probably anti-hunt/fishing/shooting too without a clue about real life outside the smog choked dump he lives in. 

Strange how those who don''t live in Norfolk and hardly (if ever) get to see games seem to know what the rest of us are missing.  Switching on the internet for a "listen" is far less taxing than driving for hours to watch a load of crap isn''t it?  I believe it''s called the "talking the talk" syndrome.

Baaaaaaaah.

[/quote]Yeah, I''m sure there are thousands of pompous londoners supporting Norwich! How many pompous Devonshire canaries are there, Cluck? I don''t live in Putney, want to make some more wildly inacurate comments about me?You obviously have strong feelings about the club, well done, so do we all. Why don''t you come down off your high horse and debate the issues, rather than stick to the personal insults and running a mile when the debate actually becomes factual?Mello - thats the sort of pathetic drivel I enjoy. Can we shake hands and make up?

I''m very impressed by Godwin''s Law and delighted that it was me who got there first. I''m happy to stop here, perhaps Arthur''s version of Mein Kampf should be presented on a brand new thread? 

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Fair enough i will display my plans on this message board, so watch this space. Although i doubt Hitler done the same thing! Our support is not small, what i gave was an example of support from certain areas, people who believe we are small in numbers are only kidding themselves.

[/quote]

I too am interested in seeing your plans Arthur (I''d stop short at invading other countries though if I were you) although I have no desire to join your campaign. I''ve also got no real desire to meet you for a drink either, no offence but interacting with fellow NCFC fans on here suits this old misanthrope just fine!

I think people get a little annoyed when posters come on here and claim that they want to "sack the board" or that "Delia''s a binner" but can''t back up their opinions with any facts or plans.

Come back when you''ve got your plans in place and we''ll have a proper debate about the best way to take our football club forward. Until then I don''t really see the point in bringing this up.

And Arthur, I think that what the majority of the posters on here don''t understand is, and while a lot of us may agree with your views regarding the board and the way the club has been heading over the last three seasons, we would like to know what positive plans  you have to bring about changes.

It''s one thing to go hurling insults at Delia and the board on this message board and to have a pub meeting with like minded souls but it''s an entirely different thing to organise a properly organised campain to achieve that goal.

5. And how ?

[/quote]

Agree. Its the old adage "Arthur"-I don''t agree with what you''re doing but you have every right to do it, providing your motives are pure (ie) you have the interests of the football club at heart-and I am sure you do-and, essentially, you can let people know what your plans are and how you intend to implement them, for example, as far as finance is concerned, I am assuming you are either looking to invest yourself or are the representative of a financially secure consortium, also, how you would propose to pay Delia and Michael et al their money back that they have invested -you can''t remove them without doing so- ditto the Turners and other board members?? Speak now-if your plans are realistic and solid, you may get support!

my shoe broke yesterday... im blaming Delia! and will be writing a strong letter to Carrow road!

jas :)

[quote user="Cluck "]

Just stopped by for a read and I see the Board''s apologists are busting their panties to get themselves heard as usual.

Typical clap trap from Putney...yet another pompous Londoner who thinks he knows what''s best for us country yokels no doubt. Probably anti-hunt/fishing/shooting too without a clue about real life outside the smog choked dump he lives in. 

Strange how those who don''t live in Norfolk and hardly (if ever) get to see games seem to know what the rest of us are missing.  Switching on the internet for a "listen" is far less taxing than driving for hours to watch a load of crap isn''t it?  I believe it''s called the "talking the talk" syndrome.

Baaaaaaaah.

[/quote]

Poor old Cluck.  Thought your position at the bottom of the gene pool was safe and then you were undercut by Witless and Whine, so you just had to come on and try and re-establish your position with a few ridiculous generalisations.  I think you will have to do better than that.  The lowest common denominator has got significantly lower since Witless arrived.  Half-baked theories have started to seem like works of genius now that we are confronted with the monotonous drones of anti-Delia hysteria found under a seat in the Coachmakers.

You generalise about Londoners and you generalise about those of us born, raised and living in rural settings.  Happily your lack of intellectual rigour betrays virtually every opinion you offer.  I am delighted to say that I have disagreed with 99% of everything that you have ever posted on this board and suspect that I always will.  You no more understand football, the nature of support, the pleasure and pain of following a club with fervour and passion, than you understand the society we live in - truly you are Cluck the Clueless.  Take your place with Smudgelet, Witless, and Whine in the old paradigm world and let the rest of us live in the real world.

Having said all that I''ll happily buy you a pint in Exeter on July 14th - see you there?

August 64

[quote user="Cluck "]

Baaaaaaaah.

[/quote]

Makes you feel embarrased for many of your fellow fans really doesn''t it Cluck???

As you would say a couple of weeks away and the lunatics take over the asylum!!!

This chap Arthur Whittle seems to have wound them up a bit doesn''t he???

Bet they think that he is one of us in disguise???  lol

ahh well let them have their little hour in the sunshine... coz we all know that once we kick off agin that it will be another season of stormy weather for them... bless em!!! [um] [st] [li]

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="mystic megson"][quote user="Putney Canary"][quote user="Smudger"]

Truth is nothing has changed and furthermore nothing is likely to this coming season either... you and the others who have willingly subscribed to another season of c**p by re-newing your season tickets so easily have seen to that!!!

As I have said before...  City must get off to an absolute flyer this coming season and never look back... otherwise it is the end of the road for Delia & Co

See you at the demo''s in early October maybe???

[/quote]

Nothing has changed, apart from two new board members worth 275m, who are Norwich fans. Why are you ignoring this? Because you stated that Delia was lying when she said she WAS looking for further investment? She wasn''t lying, was she?
[/quote]

Ahem.  Putney, the Turners came in because Barry Skipper sold them his shares.  Nothing directly to do with Delia.

[/quote]

The original quote said no change => end of road for Delia & Co - is not/was not Barry Skipper in the & Co?

[/quote]

Wow the Turners own a few call centres worth £275 million...

It is how much spare cash they have floating about that they can invest in NCFC that is the important factor...

So far we have little over £2million and approximately a 1% stake holding that makes Smith & Jones look wealthier than Lakshmi Mittal and Roman Abramovich put together!!!

Please must we really clutch at straws PUTNEY???

As MYSTIC rightly points out... Barry Skipper was obviously feeling the heat and looking for a way out... end of story!!!

What exactly could Delia and the rest of our useless board of directors of done about it?

Delia may of been lying she may not... What really matters to me however is that this deal with the Turners will effectively change nothing...

Delia and the rest of the board need to take a long hard look at themselves and realise that until they look outside of East Anglia (let alone outside of the UK) for fresh investment the club is going absolutely nowhere and it is them and those who remain in support of them that are ultimately to blame!!!

5. And how ?

[/quote]

Part 1 is on a new thread await part 2

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]Considering that some posters (I beleive you were one) considered me to be a club employee shows that what you believe to be employee postings are probably not.[/quote]

I''m Neil Doncaster apparently.  And so is my wife.
[/quote]

Darn it!

All along I thought your wife was Nutty (Nigel - to be safe).

D*mn.

OTBC

[/quote]

Would that make blahblahblah Delia''s cousin too? Or maybe Delia''s cousin-in-law?

And as we are both employed by the club I guess you can add nepotism to your hit list now...

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]Considering that some posters (I beleive you were one) considered me to be a club employee shows that what you believe to be employee postings are probably not.[/quote]

[/quote]

Darn it!

D*mn.

OTBC

[/quote]

Would that make blahblahblah Delia''s cousin too? Or maybe Delia''s cousin-in-law?

And as we are both employed by the club I guess you can add nepotism to your hit list now...

[/quote]

Nepotism? What about necromancy, as you''re able to be on this thread under a multitude of disguises?

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

Darn it!

D*mn.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nepotism? What about necromancy, as you''re able to be on this thread under a multitude of disguises?

[/quote]

necromancy

n. black magic; divination by communication with spirits. necromancer, n. necromantic, a.

For the others who also don''t know.

If I am on this thread under a multitude of disguises then it must be others imitating me.. but surely a mod would know that?

[quote user="Smudger"]

Wow the Turners own a few call centres worth £275 million...

It is how much spare cash they have floating about that they can invest in NCFC that is the important factor...

So far we have little over £2million and approximately a 1% stake holding that makes Smith & Jones look wealthier than Lakshmi Mittal and Roman Abramovich put together!!!

Please must we really clutch at straws PUTNEY???

As MYSTIC rightly points out... Barry Skipper was obviously feeling the heat and looking for a way out... end of story!!!

What exactly could Delia and the rest of our useless board of directors of done about it?

Delia may of been lying she may not... What really matters to me however is that this deal with the Turners will effectively change nothing...

Delia and the rest of the board need to take a long hard look at themselves and realise that until they look outside of East Anglia (let alone outside of the UK) for fresh investment the club is going absolutely nowhere and it is them and those who remain in support of them that are ultimately to blame!!!

[/quote]Shall we go through this line by line?Wow the Turners own a few call centres worth £275 million...

So far we have little over £2million and approximately a 1% stake

holding that makes Smith & Jones look wealthier than Lakshmi Mittal

and Roman Abramovich put together!!!

We don''t know how much the Turners have as spare cash, its very likely to be more than 2m but is obviously going to be no where near 275m. This isn''t funds to compete with Abramovich, I doubt if its enough to compete with Wolves, but if it isn''t going to be enough to give Grant a decent war chest this summer then I would 1. be very surprised and 2. be angry. We both know how close our board keeps the financial position close to their chests, they aren''t going to come out and say "We have 5m to spend this summer" as that would put up our targets prices. If you don''t understand this, I would think twice about starting your own business if I were you.

As MYSTIC rightly points out... Barry Skipper was obviously feeling the heat and looking for a way out... end of story!!!Where does Mystic say that? I think you have said that not Mystic. Mystic can get his points across without resorting to personal insults, something you can occaisionally do but frankly not often enough.What exactly could Delia and the rest of our useless board of directors of done about it?I think we have discovered we don''t actually know... but I would imagine that if the split had been unfriendly, Skipper would at least have tried to get market value for his shares rather than selling them on for what he paid for them.Delia may of been lying she may not... What really matters to me

however is that this deal with the Turners will effectively change

nothing...
Delia wasn''t lying, the extra investors are onboard. You just don''t seem able to admit you were wrong. It really matters to ALL of us if getting the Turners on board will be effective or not, and we will find out this summer. If we fail to get in 5 new players for key positions, it will show that they AREN''T effective. This is a make or break transfer window. At the moment we are being linked with young, exciting players and it seems that we do have money to spend. We will find out for sure over the next two months.Delia and the rest of the board need to take a long hard look at

themselves and realise that until they look outside of East Anglia (let

alone outside of the UK) for fresh investment the club is going

absolutely nowhere and it is them and those who remain in support of

them that are ultimately to blame!!!
I really think you should educate yourself to the inherent dangers involved in this strategy. Look at what has happened at clubs like Cambridge, Wimbledon, Leeds, Oxford, Sheffield Wednesday, Notts County, York, Bury ... its a long list and goes a lot further than that. Its not just a danger in foreign investment, its a danger in ANY investment where the investor does not have the long term future of the club at the top of its priority list. Right now, we have extra investment from lifelong fans. Surely we all have to agree this is a positive step. Whether it is positive enough, we will find out. My measure will be 5 new players minimum this summer.

Careful now this is getting spooky.  Arthur''s sister n Excalibur, was supposed to have practiced Necromancy.  The Arthur Witless connection could go deeper than we think and who knows what Wiz might make of it all!

After spending probably far too much time engrossed in this thread, the most apparent thing is:

Not one of us really knows what''s about to happen.  Yes, some of us condemn the board, some of us can see they are doing their best with the resources they have.

Personally I have thought they (the board) lack ambition and concentrate too much on the non footballing side of things.  They relied on Worthington being able to pull off another promotion as he had done previously, while the parachute payments were still coming in.  This didn''t happen.  Was it due to lack of investment, or lack of footballing expertise? 

We are now in a crest of a lull, or have been the previous two seasons.  Our board, although wishing for change (ie promotion) have been far too cautious in enabling this to happen.  Should they have paid off Mr Worthington sooner and gambled (in their eyes) on bringing someone else in?  Did they tell NW he had a limited budget, just in case he failed?  And on that failure, did they agree to let him have one more season and hope to God he could pull it off again. Did they anticipate that if he should fail, when could they get rid of him, and who they would replace him with.

So now we have an inexperiened man in Grant.....no way in telling really if he can get us promoted.  Is it then merely luck (or an inspired piece of networking) that they fall upon the Turners who they bring in as Skipper goes out?

All I know about the Turners is they are genuine Norwich fans and have more business sense than anyone else on the board.  To me that is the most positive thing that''s happened to our club since the signing of Darren Huckerby.  I am hoping Sharon and Andrew can instill a bit of guts into our feeble board and drag them into reality.  We COULD be a lot more than little old Norwich.  I can''t remember who said it, but bringing someone of the stature of Dave Stringer onto the board would be a better bet than the usual "three journeymen panic" signings we have made for the past two seasons. 

At least Mr Grant is actively looking for players at this time, not sunning himself on a beach, declaring the rest of the world is on holiday. We will have to wait to see if this early intervention brings forth some decent first pick players, not the donkeys no one else wants.

[quote user="August 64"]Careful now this is getting spooky.  Arthur''s sister n Excalibur, was supposed to have practiced Necromancy.  The Arthur Witless connection could go deeper than we think and who knows what Wiz might make of it all![/quote]

God you really are a clever sod. Sitting there eating your cereal reading your Guardian whilst trying your hardest to think up some wittless and derogatory reply to postings you happen to disagree with.

[quote user="August 64"]Careful now this is getting spooky.  Arthur''s sister n Excalibur, was supposed to have practiced Necromancy.  The Arthur Witless connection could go deeper than we think and who knows what Wiz might make of it all![/quote]

How funny do you think you are? This is the sort of pathetic crap i refered to the other day when i said people who cant argue a case seriously against Arthur etc resort to the lowest form and either make a drab attempt at humour or call him a binner. Next, you will be on tour supporting Harry Hill no doubt. Keep on trying, you never know, one day someone may even laugh.

Am i supposed to laugh at this?????

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

God you really are a clever sod. Sitting there eating your cereal reading your Guardian whilst trying your hardest to think up some wittless and derogatory reply to postings you happen to disagree with.

[/quote]

Come on Arthur, get your stereotypes right.

Everyone knows us Guardian readers eat muesli for breakfast.......must go my mung bean stew has just arrived for lunch.

Wayne - to be pefectly honest that kind of thing happens on both sides of the arguement.

If you don''t spot this you''re a big ninny. [:P]

[quote user="7rew"]Wayne - to be pefectly honest that kind of thing happens on both sides of the arguement.

[/quote]

hehehe A BIG NINNY... I like it 7rew... must be one of the best things that you have said on here in a fair old while???

As for PUTNEY... well we will just have to agree to disagree for now...

While I can''t rule out that we just may sign 5 quality players and that everything will turn out fine you don''t appear to be able to state with 100% certainty that this will be the case and that the underlying reasons for this would be that the Turners have brought Skippers shares and invested heavily in new signings.

If we bring in a decent goalkeeper, a couple of decent defenders at this level, a  decent midfielder and a decent striker (all without letting any of our star players leave) then you may be justified in backing this board and the Turners to the hilt...

I am just 99.9% sure that the above scenario ain''t going to happen!!!

[quote user="7rew"]Wayne - to be pefectly honest that kind of thing happens on both sides of the arguement.

[/quote]

You have just given another perfect example.

Im a "ninny" for not agrreeing with you?

Couldnt make it up.

Why, oh why, can I not type sarcasm properly?

I thought [:P] might give you a clue.   am I going to have to use " \Sarcasm " next time.

Unfortunately,  to stay in the pemiership, you are going to need a much bigger cash injection than Delia can afford. Gone are the cosy days of a local investor putting a bit of money into a club.

However balanced your books are, you will need many millions to compete.