Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

blame delia for everything

You are getting really annoyed?  Fantastic!  Lets turn the knife then to stop the unstructred and poorly reasoned drivel you have spouted so far.  The fact that the so-called chairman or whatever of some bizarre escape committee is being called a binner should give you a subtle hint as to the way your posts are coming across.

Whittle, hmm, rhymes with skittle, and just as easy to knock over in a discussion it would appear.

New season coming up, with a new manager and assistant, new players and new people on the board. If we are in 15th at Christmas then fine, we can all start burning the ephagy''s.  But to spout this DRIVEL in multiple threads, when recent events at the club would contradict your assumptions about a lack of change really takes the biscuit.

If we are struggling at Christmas, fine I will man the barricades with you, but for god''s sake lets see what happens first.

Mr Whittle,

how do me and my friends hoin your group then? Please email me.

Arthur Whittle,

Is that your name or a pseudonym, like Rudolph Hucker, concealing someone who is winding us all up pretending to be a Captain Mainwaring type figure full of boring bluster and self importance?

If you are real, when you decide to start the insurrection against Evil Delia and the rest of those conniving, self interested Smiths and Turners, I''m happy to make you some meat paste sandwiches for the trip. I hope this helps to galvanise you further.   

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Sorry but i will continue to speak out for what i believe in.

[/quote]

Oh no, not another self proclaimed maverick all set to save "his/her"

club from the evil clutches of a self-publicist/binner/woman/cook/owner

(delete as appropriate) Or are you just another troll perchance?

[quote user="carpio"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]  25000 loyal fans are being hoodwinked into watching mediocre football with Delia''s comments and promisers about how she and the board are trying to take the club forward.   l.[/quote]  Do you really think that "25,000" loayal fans are so lacking in inteligence that they are ALL being hoodwinked ?
[/quote]

Absolutely... and I said it without moving my fingers or mouth this time... Thanks very much Carpio!!!  [:P]

[quote user="SPat"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Sorry but i will continue to speak out for what i believe in.

[/quote]

Oh no, not another self proclaimed maverick all set to save "his/her" club from the evil clutches of a self-publicist/binner/woman/cook/owner (delete as appropriate) Or are you just another troll perchance?
[/quote]

I actually support Mr Wittle''s comments, and like a chosen few on here, I too question the unswerving and undeserved loyalty that Mr and Mrs Wynn-Jones seem to receive on these boards. After three seasons of long hauls to the likes of Millmoor, only to see abject displays from players who''s talent turns on and off quicker than one of Delia''s gas hobs, I too say enough is enough.

I have been a Norwich fan for over 30 years, even during the "wilderness years" when I was forced to return to Poland for National Service, trying to find Roy Waller''s dulcet tones on a longwave radio in the barracks, and I thank Mr Whittle for bringing up these pertinent points. I would ask that other members on the board give the man the respect he deserves, whether you agree with him or not.

After all, we have a saying in Poland:

"Laski on carvosh, util rem nar ponflic"

Which translates to: "Do not slaughter the mongoose, just  because he sits on your acorns"

I am sure we can all see the relevance of that statement here....

After three seasons of long hauls to the likes of Millmoor, only to see abject displays from players who''s talent turns on and off quicker than one of Delia''s gas hobs, I too say enough is enough. Kether

--------------------------------------------------------------

Exactly , Kether  !  maybe you didn`t mean it , but you certainly  did hit on  WHY  we  have had  such a poor three seasons !  and it aint Delia !!    its the bleedin  PLAYERS  !    it is  THEY  who win or lose matches  ....  THEY  who get fantastic wages   , and often can`t be arsed to  EARN  that wage  !      surely its up to the  coaching staff to get a tight grip on these wannabee playboys , and get through into their thick heads , that they are   FOOTBALLERS !   and are required to EARN  their  ludicrously high wages ?  

Delia  has put her money into the club , she didn`t have to .! ...  she couldn`t have picked a more dodgy  outfit  to place her dosh than  in a football club !   for crisake get off her back  , and   target the REAL problem !! 

Blame the players eh?

Well lets go further than that and say who makes the final decision on what players we buy? Who decides how much we can spend on players and players wages? Who is responsible for employing the manager who buys such dreadfull players? Who pays the wages of and employs the scouts of whom seek the players? When a company like say a window firm starts hitting trouble is it the production staffs fault? Is it really the players fault then? Or is it those on the board who make the decisions that are to blame?

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

Probably because Promotion was mainly down to the momentum created by the fans which resulted in the Huckerby,Svensson,Mckenzie signings-payed for by the fans through the share issue (as,indirectly,was Ashton). The board deserve some credit for having the imagination to come up with the share issue (and Delia for contributing), but they totally deserve both barrels for the way things have been allowed to slide so pathetically since.

It looks like we where willing to pay £2million for Varney so i would say the pressure created by the "anti`s" is having an effect. Well done and please keep it up until the lethargy and complacency is driven out of Carrow Rd.

[/quote]

In 2004 we didn''t just win promotion, we comfortably won the championship for only the third time in the clubs history. We finished 8 points clear of the 2nd placed team and had a goal difference nearly twice as good as any other side. Posters on here regularly try to tell me that Nigel Worthington had nothing to do with this and he just got lucky and now you are trying to tell me that it had nothing to do with the board and was mainly down to the fans. Do you people seriously believe this?

In 1972 we won the championship by one point with a worse goal difference than the 2nd placed team and yet Ron Saunders and Geoffrey Watling still get praise today (rightfully). Why is it so difficult to recognise anything good in our recent history?

[/quote]

For goodness sake Nutty i said that "the board deserve some credit......" for that Promotion- it was the overall feelgood factor around the club which created a snowball effect then the money from the share issue gave us the final push IMO. At the time i would say that pretty much every supporter felt that the board were on our side and that they wanted success on the pitch as much as we did. That trust has been totally blown out of the water and people are rightly angry. This is THEIR fault, not ours. As you have stated in the past "i believe the board have been far too prudent since relegation", i`ll assume that you are secretly pleased that pressure is now being applied to the board to focus on the team rather than infrastructure.

[quote]Who pays the wages of and employs the scouts of whom seek the players?

When a company like say a window firm starts hitting trouble is it the

production staffs fault? Is it really the players fault then? Or is it

those on the board who make the decisions that are to blame?[/quote]Well, the problem with that example is that although we''re not making very good windows, people are still buying them, 24,000 of them every other week in fact.  So the company is doing well even if the team aren''t.  However, I genuinely believe that we''re turning a corner with Grant, and we''ll start making good windows again in the new season.

Blame the players eh?

Well lets go further than that and say who makes the final decision on what players we buy? Who decides how much we can spend on players and players wages? Who is responsible for employing the manager who buys such dreadfull players? Who pays the wages of and employs the scouts of whom seek the players? When a company like say a window firm starts hitting trouble is it the production staffs fault? Is it really the players fault then? Or is it those on the board who make the decisions that are to blame?

[/quote]

Keep up the good work Arthur...

I am with you all the way (and so will many others be by the time October has come around and it is still clear that there are no REAL signs of improvement).

You will see many other infamous names on here campaigning strongly that something should be done unless City get off to a flyer early doors next season and never look back.

You haven''t heard from Cluck and the Globe 7 yet have you???

Have no fear... many, many fans are just as sick as things as you are (if not more so)... There will be changes ahead one way or the other in this coming season.  They may not be in the best interests of the club over the short term, but during the long term they most definetely will be.  [;)]

Cheers smudger         

BlahBlahBlah-you seem to have avoided my points and only quoted the part about windows. Is this how you defend your posts? Try quoting the rest of the post i made and come back with a sensible reply. The reason we get 24,000 is because no matter what people love the club. Not the board, the players, the ground, the BADGE!

[quote user="Smudger"]

There will be changes ahead one way or the other in this coming season.  They may not be in the best interests of the club over the short term, but during the long term they most definetely will be.  [;)]

[/quote]

You mean the ones which have already started to happen, but no one is patient or open-minded enough to actually acknowledge or consider before shooting off in all kinds of strange directions?... [:P]

Blame the players eh?

[/quote]

Actually , a fair point Arfer !   but    , at the end of the day ,  has the board got a crystal ball  , which enables them to see how the players they bought will turn out in the future ?    once a contract is signed   .... thats IT !    no sacking ,   they can really do what they like ....  ONLY in football can an employee get away with murder like some of these  idiots !   its a system gone mad !!

Blame the players eh?

[/quote]

Do you really think Delia sits down and decides which players to buy? You think Delia decides on player wages? This just isn''t the case. The MANAGER decides these things. Worthy got it wrong, and got sacked. Yes budgets are decided by the BOARD (not just Delia), but individual team decisions are the managers responsibility.

When we talk about Football being a business, some people get confused. Yes it is a business, but not like any other business and certainly not like a window firm. In most businesses, a board over sees a CEO and the CEO takes ultimate responsibility. The CEO earns the big salary, and those under him look up to him and do what he says. Staff can get hired and fired, performance management of staff is the norm. In football, the players earn huge wages, in lots of cases many times that of the manager, and hold the power. Irrespective of contracts, they decide if they stay at a club or not. If they don''t want to put in the effort, you can''t sack them or performance manage them out, you sell them (if anyone wants them).

I think it is the players fault in the main. We have seen them beat the teams at the top of the division and at times play good football, but not concentrate for the full 90 minutes and not fancy an away trip on a wet Tuesday night. The effort shown by some has been a disgrace. I''m not saying the board are blameless, or the manager, but its the attitude of some of the playing staff that makes me angry.

Smudge and his keep up the good work Arthur. What good work?

I really fail to see what there is to currently protest about.

Worthington was replaced too, late but was replaced. Grant is not the finished article but he has brought a different feel to the club, made Huckerby a better player since being here, brought in and loaned out academy players, bought OK on a budget, retained Dublin and got shot of some deadwood.

The board has been improved, just how much we are yet to find out, but it can only be positive in the short and longer term.The only criticism of the Smiths can only be their lack of football knowledge and a level of homely prudence but there is no proof that they are liars, greedy or underhand or indeed unambitious, as the new board appointements may prove.

In addition we have allegedly had an offer for Luke Varney turned down by the player not the club and we are being linked with several players very early in the transfer window compared to recent close seasons.  

Season ticket renewals are high as people feel that there is a better chance of success and a better spirit this year. They are excited by the thought of new players and what the new board members may bring in terms of cash and success. In the main they like Peter Grant''s outspoken and honest approach and hope the team performances will begin to reflect this consistently unlike last season.

I don''t get Arthur, who seems a nice bloke but has decided to set hinself up as some sort of leader when his posts indicate he is anything but. He is a season ticket holder who wants things to improve, why not wait and see for a bit rather than demand action of a kind that is not defined and probably not possible?

Smudger and his like will happily let people like Arthur become the Lee Harvey Oswald type patsy when this falls flat and the ridicule increases, and the truth is that Smudger and his other non-attending die hards could post on any clubs website given their personal knowledge of events at Carrow Road or elsewhere and their input is not too progress an argument or the club merely to satisfy some egotiscal clain to higher moral or intellectual ground to supporters who hope for and want the best for the club.

[quote user="Putney Canary"][quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

Blame the players eh?

[/quote]

Do you really think Delia sits down and decides which players to buy? You think Delia decides on player wages? This just isn''t the case. The MANAGER decides these things. Worthy got it wrong, and got sacked. Yes budgets are decided by the BOARD (not just Delia), but individual team decisions are the managers responsibility.

When we talk about Football being a business, some people get confused. Yes it is a business, but not like any other business and certainly not like a window firm. In most businesses, a board over sees a CEO and the CEO takes ultimate responsibility. The CEO earns the big salary, and those under him look up to him and do what he says. Staff can get hired and fired, performance management of staff is the norm. In football, the players earn huge wages, in lots of cases many times that of the manager, and hold the power. Irrespective of contracts, they decide if they stay at a club or not. If they don''t want to put in the effort, you can''t sack them or performance manage them out, you sell them (if anyone wants them).

I think it is the players fault in the main. We have seen them beat the teams at the top of the division and at times play good football, but not concentrate for the full 90 minutes and not fancy an away trip on a wet Tuesday night. The effort shown by some has been a disgrace. I''m not saying the board are blameless, or the manager, but its the attitude of some of the playing staff that makes me angry.

[/quote]

yes putney canary, but IT IS the board who have the final say, IT IS the board who employs the manager who motivates and buys the players, therefore IT IS the board who ultimatly take responsibility.

I blame the kit sponsor! Ever since we switched sponsor, we''ve been in the championship. Bring back Fosters Lager i say!

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

Probably because Promotion was mainly down to the momentum created by the fans which resulted in the Huckerby,Svensson,Mckenzie signings-payed for by the fans through the share issue (as,indirectly,was Ashton). The board deserve some credit for having the imagination to come up with the share issue (and Delia for contributing), but they totally deserve both barrels for the way things have been allowed to slide so pathetically since.

It looks like we where willing to pay £2million for Varney so i would say the pressure created by the "anti`s" is having an effect. Well done and please keep it up until the lethargy and complacency is driven out of Carrow Rd.

[/quote]

In 2004 we didn''t just win promotion, we comfortably won the championship for only the third time in the clubs history. We finished 8 points clear of the 2nd placed team and had a goal difference nearly twice as good as any other side. Posters on here regularly try to tell me that Nigel Worthington had nothing to do with this and he just got lucky and now you are trying to tell me that it had nothing to do with the board and was mainly down to the fans. Do you people seriously believe this?

In 1972 we won the championship by one point with a worse goal difference than the 2nd placed team and yet Ron Saunders and Geoffrey Watling still get praise today (rightfully). Why is it so difficult to recognise anything good in our recent history?

[/quote]

For goodness sake Nutty i said that "the board deserve some credit......" for that Promotion- it was the overall feelgood factor around the club which created a snowball effect then the money from the share issue gave us the final push IMO. At the time i would say that pretty much every supporter felt that the board were on our side and that they wanted success on the pitch as much as we did. That trust has been totally blown out of the water and people are rightly angry. This is THEIR fault, not ours. As you have stated in the past "i believe the board have been far too prudent since relegation", i`ll assume that you are secretly pleased that pressure is now being applied to the board to focus on the team rather than infrastructure.

[/quote]

For goodness sake Mr. Carrow read your original post again and you will see what you said.

I still believe the board, manger, team and fans are on the same side. What people are angry? The posters on here who get angry are mainly a few people who by their own admission don''t even go to any games. I stand by what I said in the past which was: "To be honest,  while I agree that the board shouldn''t gamble big time I do believe they have been far too prudent since our promotion to the Premiership. Nigel Worthington criticised them last summer saying we have to become more proactive rather than reactive and citing the signing of Dean Ashton in January instead of pre season as an example we should have learned from. But at the time people were too interested in using everything he said against him to listen. Somewhere between recklessness and prudence is a balance that this board has yet to find."

I have no secrets about my feelings of disappointment with performances and results over the last couple of seasons but I am pleased that the club has invested in setting up additional revenue streams to try and help offset the loss of parachute payments next season. As I said to you on the "how far have we slumped thread" - I believe we are in front of other clubs who realised later than our board that these additional revenue streams are neccessary.

Blame the players eh?

[/quote]

[/quote]

the manager does not decide thwe wages, the player, his agent discuss it with Neil Doncaster...

At ur work who sets ur wages, the Manager or his manager? or the top person at the company who knows how far the money will stretch?

jas :)

Thank you Jas. You may or may not agree with me but ive stayed as as close to the truth as possible and claiming peter grant decides how much we spend, and pay a player in wages is pure fiction.

I wouldn''t say its pure fiction, the manager (regardless of who it is) will have an input into a players wages.

The agent will make a demand, the manager will make a decision on the players worth, relating too his budget, and also what his current players earn, and recommend to the board/chairman if the demand is reasonable. If not he may suggest a revised figure.

This will probably go on for a while, and the board will know if a wage demand is or isn''t within their budget.

Blame the players eh?

[/quote]

[/quote]

No Delia does not decide what players we buy. The board DO decide what manager to employ, they DO decide how much money to give him, they DO decide what wages we can pay,they DO decide if we sign a player or not {steve howard anyone?} The buck stops at the top!

There is now doubt that since we were relegated with Palace and Southampton, we have been the worst performer in those two parachute payment seasons.

But that, TBH, is now in the past.

If what we hear about Southampton is correct and with Palace keeping Peter Taylor and not being able to bring in any players unless others are sold, will we be ahead of them both next season?

[quote user="mbncfc"]

There is now doubt that since we were relegated with Palace and Southampton, we have been the worst performer in those two parachute payment seasons.

But that, TBH, is now in the past.

If what we hear about Southampton is correct and with Palace keeping Peter Taylor and not being able to bring in any players unless others are sold, will we be ahead of them both next season?

[/quote]

Sorry - there is NO doubt! Freudian slip?!?... [:$]

Click on your name at the top of the screen next to where it says ''Edit your details'' then scroll down to the sixth option in your settings called ''Avatar''

Here you can upload a pic to appear next to your name. Click the ''Browse'' button to find the image on your PC then click the ''Update'' button and the image will appear fairly soon (touch wood).

Im honored me arthur mate and I think all us anti cook posters should use the deliah Ips@@t avatar cos she certainly aint no norfolk legend like they try to blurb us with.

Get beck to suffolk with her I say and lets get our team up top where we should be