Sign in to follow this  
Stuart Clark

Sundays ratings

Warner 10        for entertainment value his impression of a tiller girl was superb( ask an old person for a translation)

Hughes 7          the bloke never stops trying not the best but you would like 11 withthe same attitude

Drury   4           Must have been laughing about his new 4 year deal and the tears got in his eyes while defending

Shackell 6         OK cannot really remember what he did so OK

Dublin  8           Excellent for an old bald bloke-still class

Lappin 4           He huffed and puffed but did not blow anything down

Etuhu   7           Played the first half in midfield on his own as Spillane went missing-Great Goal

Spillane 3          Look lost and nervous but gets a 7 for the second half-the boy is not a centre midfielder turns like the titanic

Fotheringham 5  I dont know what he is supposed to do and nor does he

Earshaw 5          I'' ll give him 10 for the goal but spent the rest of the time moaning at team mates

Hucks  6           Seemed to let the crowd and ref get to him -this 6 would be 8 for most

Martin 4           To play wide right you need a bit of mobility and pace and the desire to defend he has neither-upfront or leave him out

Peter Grant 4   His formation was poor got it wrong again-10/10 for the rant at the ref sheer slapstick

Ground 3       Needs a facelift bit like the wife-ok once a year 

Ok i saw you gave Fozzy a 5. According to the pinkun article he came alive in the 2nd half when played through the middle and they were saying more of the same next season and he will be a key man. Any truth in that, can anyone else who saw the game comment on his 2nd half performance, any good?

DId Grant really put Martin on the wing again!?!?!?!  [:S]

I gather he must have played a good game there at some point, because every time I have seen him there he looks like a fish out of water, he seems to have none of the attributes for wingplay..  Its like Henderson over again, one good game on the wing and its his position for life...

I f that was coming alive I''ve been dead for the last 20 years-by key man I assume he will get a part-time job as a locksmith. He plays Martin there to keep him in the team.he had Smart on the bench who is a wide right player. Maybe he has appearance money in his very good contract, or if Grant left him out it would be an admission of failure on the Managers behalf in the big contract he gave him. Same applys to Renton done nothing at any level but keeps him in the squad-Playing him always seems to be two fingers at Ryans Jarvis''s record.and the Worthington regime 

i went to the game but cant be botherd with the ratings exept for grant, he plays players out of position,martin scored goals in the first few games of his carear, because he was the man in the box gettig in shots.Huckerby creates from the wing, he does not create when standing in the middle, and then wonders off and leaves earnie by him self, not good enoughthe only player he has moved that has worked is hughes to right back, but how long ago did that happen?this should have been the team, or the team if no one left or enterd next season.                                   warner (well we would have to sign him)   hughes         dublin       shacklle      Drury

croft              etuhu       safri (or fozzy)  huckerby                       martin     earnshaw

No point putting the scores on the doors...last game of the season and all that! but put simply the following gave their all:-

Hughes, Dublin, Shackell

Spillane is still finding his place but gave a good enough account of himself.

The following were fairly average by their standards:-

Warner, Hucks, Lappin, Earnshaw, Martin (i agree he needs to in a central forward position  not wide)

Etuhu was usual lethargic self, late in moving to the challenge and too slow in getting forward...deserved his booking...he needs to get on the end of Hucks crosses ...he should be able to tower above most defenders, but Earnie puts him to shame despite his dimunitive size.

Fotheringham was poor.

First visit to Hillsborough, roomy inside the stadium, but too pokey in the service areas,  uninspiring facilities and food...and you cant get a beer inside the ground!