Sign in to follow this  
a1canary

Final Premiership Relegation Spot - Predictions Please!

1 from Sheff Utd, West Ham and Wigan. Just two fixtures to decide it:Man Utd v West HamSheff Utd v WiganOnly one scenario for Wigan to stay up: they need to win at Bramall Lane and rely on Man U to beat West Ham.Two scenarios for Sheff Utd and West Ham to be sure of staying up: they both require a win or a draw.If Wigan lose or draw, they are down regardless.My prediction for that final place, Wigan. Unfortunately. Although in terms of competitors for us next year, that''s probably the best of the three. What does everyone else predict?

I really hope West Sham get relegated! However, I predict a Wigan relegation & even lower gate receipts for them next term.

If Wigan were to beat Sheffield United 2-0 it won''t matter what hapens to West Ham, they would still be above Sheffield on goal difference.

Prediction a 0-1 away win for Wigan and 2-0 To Man United.

So West ham down on goal difference (with the administrators called in 5 minuted from full time )

god i hope its the Cheating Cockneys! Tevez will sod off then and they will alll be left looking stupid!

jas :)

Wigan to go down but a court challenge during the summer leaves West Ham with points deducted and we get to show our apprechiation of Green and Ashton again!    :-)

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Realistically Wigan but hopefully West Ham.[/quote]

Yep, that would be my exact call too.

Of course, if West Ham do stay up it will be interesting over the summer months regarding the legal action of the other clubs. I dount it would affect the relegation result though.

That said, West Ham should have been deducted points and it is ridiculous that didn''t happen...

I pray it''s West Ham. How they were not ducked points is beyond me. 

However I feel it will be Wigan and that''s a quick trip up the M6 for me next year!

[quote user="Yellow Rose of Texas"]If Wigan were to beat Sheffield United 2-0 it won''t matter what hapens to West Ham, they would still be above Sheffield on goal difference.

Prediction a 0-1 away win for Wigan and 2-0 To Man United.

So West ham down on goal difference (with the administrators called in 5 minuted from full time )[/quote]Good point - i heard someone saying on the radio last night that if West Ham are 1 down to Man U after 80 mins and Wigan are 4-0 ahead at Bramall Lane (unlikely i know), West Ham would stay up on goals scored, and what price then Dave Whelan having word with Neil Warnock and Paul Jewell, and a "late consolation" for Sheff U sending West Ham down on GD!! Outrageous, but don''t think too many would complain! Except Hammers fans who would probably despise Sheff Utd forever more!

Sheffield are at home so they will beat Wigan in my opinion sending Wigan down.

Personally i would LOVE West Spam to go down, especially after the whole Tevez thing, but it''s going to be Wigan every time

I suppose the real question is who do we want least in the championship next year. It does look like a toss up between Wet Sham and Wigan. Both have substantial backers and are gonna attempt to buy there way back up. I would much prefer to see the hammers come down as I think there whole manager / chairman relationship is more volatile. A few early season losses and Eggy  (the iclandic alien!!) is more likely to weild the axe, thus potentially causing more unrest. Dave Whelan and Paul Jewell seem very supportive of each other and that stability is likely to lead to a calmer dressing room atmosphere and thus more of a promotion threat to us.

But hey what do I know I really did think we were gonna win 4-3 on Sunday 

[quote user="Mutley"]

I suppose the real question is who do we want least in the championship next year. It does look like a toss up between Wet Sham and Wigan. Both have substantial backers and are gonna attempt to buy there way back up. I would much prefer to see the hammers come down as I think there whole manager / chairman relationship is more volatile. A few early season losses and Eggy  (the iclandic alien!!) is more likely to weild the axe, thus potentially causing more unrest. Dave Whelan and Paul Jewell seem very supportive of each other and that stability is likely to lead to a calmer dressing room atmosphere and thus more of a promotion threat to us.

But hey what do I know I really did think we were gonna win 4-3 on Sunday 

[/quote]

As a quick aside. Apparently our new directors are wealthier than Dave Whelan, which took me a little by surprise considering how wealthy and how much influence he is considered to have had on Wigan''s rise from Division 3 (old money).

All paper money in both cases I''m sure (unless anyone can correct me), but interesting nonetheless.