Sign in to follow this  
O.T.B.C

Charlie Catchpole

Did any body read the Sun today? in the Supergoals bit, Catchpole does a different take on football and he had a little article that did make me chuckle slightly, it said:

"At long last! A richly deserved trophy for Norwich City. The club''s Gary Kemp (wasn''t he in Spandau Ballet) has been named Championship''s groundsman of the season. One long serving canaries supporter called me to say "having so much s**t on the pitch must have helped"

I quite liked that, and how true it was....

Is he a Yellow? I know he wears a yellow and green scarf in the picture, maybe another semi famous City fan.

Winch, or soon to be Bed''s Canary.

I believe he either had a work or family connection to the area in his youth; and I think his daughter (Charlotte?) used to write for the Norwich Advertiser a few years back.

Must be a fan, I remember he used to have a column in The Mirror years ago, and in his pic at the top he was wearing the old Colman''s home top.

He is definately a Norwich fan. Not sure if he is from the area, but have seen him in the Castle Mall, although quite a while back.

I think Charlie was born and brought up in Norfolk hence his Canary connection.

Like Mick Dennis, another respected sports journalist who became a City fan whilst working for Eastern Counties Newspapers, both have worked on several national newspapers over the years and always give the Canaries a good '' plug '' when the opportunity arises........ 

he is a norwich fan. have bumped into him in the queens head in hethersett a couple of times when ive gone out there for a beer. nice bloke.

Hehe... the quote he used was from Rob Emery''s short season review in Sunday''s Observer.

Doesn''t mean he''s not a Norwich fan though...

[quote user="......and Smith must score."]

I think Charlie was born and brought up in Norfolk hence his Canary connection.

Like Mick Dennis, another respected sports journalist who became a City fan whilst working for Eastern Counties Newspapers, both have worked on several national newspapers over the years and always give the Canaries a good '' plug '' when the opportunity arises........ 

[/quote]

Mick Dennis is a diehard Board apologist who puts blah and chicken to shame.  I sometimes wonder if he IS chicken . . . No excuses Mick you should know better (and you probably do).