Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Laughing at the Binners and the play-offs

Oh how the other half live! Imagine, if it''s not too painful and disgusting, that you are an I*****h fan. Eeuughh I hear you cry! I know it''s an awful thought but if you were one you would be pretty worried. Anyway lets have a look at the top 10 (excluding us and the Baggies):

3) West Ham 60
4) Sheff Utd 59 (One game in hand)
5) Wigan 58 (One game in hand)
6) Reading 57
7) Sunderland 56 (A massive three games in hand)
8) Millwall 56 (Two games in hand)
9) I*****h 56
10) Coventry 55

Ok so the Binners are only a point off the play offs. However I really think they will struggle to make it, not just because I''m a Norwich fan! With four of the top clubs having at least one game in hand it''ll be tougn to make up the ground. As far as the play off positions are concerned West Ham and Wigan are definites. Sheffield United are a pretty safe bet as well. This only leaves one other place for the rest. This, I think, will definitely go to Sunderland. They haven''t got the points on the board but with three games in hand I''m sure they will feature. Throw into the bargain that the Binners have got to go to Sheff Utd and have West Brom at home and with their absolutely awful defence, it''s not sounding good.

As regards to the winners of the play offs I''m going to stick my neck out and say Sunderland. The distraction of the FA cup might put them off a bit, but I think they have the experience, quality and will edge out Wigan, who would probably be their nearest rivals.

Before i get told off for not mentioning us or the Baggies in this post the reason is simple: I think we will go up automatically. I have confidence in the lads and Nige and think we will withstand the pressure.

In conclusion therefore I''d like to say a big HAHA to the Binners.

i dnt fink ur right, i fink sunderland will be third i fink wigan and westham will be 4th and 5th and i would say unfortnatly that i****t will finish 6th or reading either one of them but thats my opinion and i fink west ham will go up throu the play offs

fink ?

Are you a town fan pretending to be a cockney ? The nano seconds you save mispelling words causes us over 12''sfar longer than that trying to work out what you''ve written

As to playoffs bewarned that every season a dark horse comes up on the inside (NCFC 2002)

Current form is a far far greater advantage than an extra two or three points

Keep your eyes on Coventry

Would it not be better for Norwich if Ip****h beat the likes of Sunderland, West Ham etc as this would reduce the points needed for automatic promotion ? Even if they then get to the playoff''s they won''t win them. I wouldn''t write off Millwall''s chances of a play off spot either.

1. Norwich
2. West Brom
3. Millwall
4. West Ham
5. Coventry
6. Sunderland

12. I****h

Based on current form I think it will end up something like this. Millwall and Coventry are definitely the in form sides. Cannot bear to imagine Ip**** getting to the playoffs.
OTBC.

If Ipswich beat West Brom and get into the playoff''s as a consequence they have my blessing. A lot of Norwich fans have a very self destructive attitude towards Ipswich. Would you rather, for example, win the league and see Ipswich in the playoff''s or come second but see Ipswich finish outside the top six? This is a false dichotomy I know, but I''d definately have the former happen!

Ok Dilemna:

Would you take the binners getting promoted through the play offs, if we get promoted automatically?

A take it or leave it offer now - would would you do?

Well said DD. Is how we do that matters..

And if the binners help us along the way to achieve that and in the process get promotted, well then I say: That''s another double on them next season.....

While on the subject of laughing at the Binners, I was invited round my neighbour''s for a meal last Saturday evening. The fact that my neighbour is a Binner didn''t worry me too much as I knew the topic of football would probably be avoided like the plague, and indeed was. What I did find amusing was that, while a wee drink was being fetched for me, I found myself humming the tune to the ''he scored against the scum, then he scored another one'' song...rather loudly, in fact. Next thing I knew I was mouthing the words. If the drink hadn''t arrived, those little words would have popped right out of my mouth, I think! Sweet revenge for those less sweet times!