Sign in to follow this  
Hump

Europe for Grant

I find it amusing that Peter Grunts idea of scouring Europe stops at Ireland and Scotland where he is looking at a 19 year unknown striker who everybody else wants!.always thought that Europe was a bit more expansive,what next.the search moves on to Wales?

not Wales yet, thats when his search goes International....

[quote user="Hump"]I find it amusing that Peter Grunts idea of scouring Europe stops at Ireland and Scotland where he is looking at a 19 year unknown striker who everybody else wants!.always thought that Europe was a bit more expansive,what next.the search moves on to Wales?[/quote]

i take it u missed thhe Article last week where he said he was going to Eastern Europe in the summer.

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

i take it u missed thhe Article last week where he said he was going to Eastern Europe in the summer.

[/quote]

I''m sure that''s just for a holiday [:P]he will be back looking in Scotland shortly

they must have also missed the artcle that talked about his and duffys trip to holland (And just so you are awear holland isnt in ireland, scotland or england,  ,,, and no it aint in wales either!)   

No hungary, lithuania, latvia, poland - these places are far more less of a dump than Lowestoft.

Well, Bryan Gunn has been clocking up the Air Miles according to Wack Righorn :"I don''t think it''ll be giving too much away to say that I''ve already

been to many countries - England obviously, Ireland, Scotland,

Czechoslovakia, Belgium."

[quote user="Hump"]Bodly going where no man has gone before-WOW[/quote]

So if this is your reaction to the answers to this thread what the h*ll was your original point? Oh yeah, you just wanted to slag Grant off, I get it. 

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Well, Bryan Gunn has been clocking up the Air Miles according to Wack Righorn :

"I don''t think it''ll be giving too much away to say that I''ve already been to many countries - England obviously, Ireland, Scotland, Czechoslovakia, Belgium."

[/quote]

That''s quite immpresive considering Czechoslovakia no longer exists!

My original point is that Grant persists in talking for the sake of talking. He wants to give the impresion that he is scouring the clubs of europe when he is actually scouring Mrs Grants Pots. He acts  big time and I would rather he proved himself first rather than his obsession with disjointed comments and quotes to impress. A forum or message board is a vehicle for whatever you want and if I wish to slag him or anythiny else of so be it. I would be delighted if our Manager was looking in Europe even the countries that do not exist but i suggest this is actually a smokescreen for some more crap signings which he will no doubt achieve.

I continue to say that at present he has done nothing to give me any confidence and if he lasts out Xmas i will be delighted as he will be having success, but i beleive his managerial obituary is already wriiten and it is only a question of time till publication.

[quote user="Hump"]

My original point is that Grant persists in talking for the sake of talking. He wants to give the impresion that he is scouring the clubs of europe when he is actually scouring Mrs Grants Pots. He acts  big time and I would rather he proved himself first rather than his obsession with disjointed comments and quotes to impress. A forum or message board is a vehicle for whatever you want and if I wish to slag him or anythiny else of so be it. I would be delighted if our Manager was looking in Europe even the countries that do not exist but i suggest this is actually a smokescreen for some more crap signings which he will no doubt achieve.

I continue to say that at present he has done nothing to give me any confidence and if he lasts out Xmas i will be delighted as he will be having success, but i beleive his managerial obituary is already wriiten and it is only a question of time till publication.

[/quote]

At least he isn''t waiting till July before thinking about new players.

I don''t give a monkeys where we are looking for our new players as long as we are.

For years City fans moaned that Worthy was dour and had no passion, now we have a manager who isn''t afraid to offer an opinion and some of you are still bl**dy moaning! Like or not he is our manager and I suggest that we back him. So far, he has had one transfer window to make permanent signings in and the January window isn''t the best time to be doing business. At least he didn''t blow his budget on a load of loan signings and then not play them like his predecessor!

Is Easton, actually in Easton Europe? There''s quite a few capable cloggers from there, who''ll gladly play for NCFC - for a regular gallon of ale, a good curry, VIP tickets for Mercy on a Saturday night, plus free entry and a lappydance at the "Peppermint Hippo" leery letchy Genteelmen''s Club.......

Coming to think of it, isn''t that what most of our pro-squad do anyway, (but still get a salary on top of it?)......... 

[quote user="Say Hello To The Angels"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Well, Bryan Gunn has been clocking up the Air Miles according to Wack Righorn :

"I don''t think it''ll be giving too much away to say that I''ve already been to many countries - England obviously, Ireland, Scotland, Czechoslovakia, Belgium."

[/quote]

That''s quite immpresive considering Czechoslovakia no longer exists!

[/quote]

Gunnys old! when u get to his age the grey matter starts to go...

i hear he''s off to East Germany next week.. and Rhodesia some time in Spetember ;)

Either that of Gunnys invented a time machine!  we''ll know that''s true when we sign a couple of youngsters with famous names - young chap named Puskas anyone?

[quote user="7rew"]Either that of Gunnys invented a time machine!  we''ll know that''s true when we sign a couple of youngsters with famous names - young chap named Puskas anyone?[/quote]Yeah, but you can see the response from some posters already:"The board have tightened the purse strings so hard that PG is now forced to scour the streets of Brazil to pick up young players! I''ve never even heard of this "Pele" and it doesn''t sound like he''s much cop to me! PG Out! Board Out!!! [:@]"[;)]