Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Hush. The S****, W******, C**** stategy. Hush.

Hush. A little bird whispered to me yesterday - watch this space. The new folks on the NCFC board don''t suffer fools gladly, and are admirers of the historic achievements of our club under the S****, W******, C**** strategy. Hush.

We live in interesting times.

OTBC

[quote user="blahblahblah"]I''m assuming the last expletive is Chase ?[/quote]And I presume the first is Smith? [;)] [:P]

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]

I guess the S is South and the C Chase, who''s the W*****?    Wink [;)]

[/quote]

Elementary my dear Watling

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

So....what''s the deal with this new Smudge, Wizard and Cluck strategy then?? [*-)]

[/quote]

Having a bad arithmetic day then Nutty?[:(]

Actually when I was in kindergarten it was numbers, I think.[:)]

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

So....what''s the deal with this new Smudge, Wizard and Cluck strategy then?? [*-)]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

I never was any good at sums Bly, I never could recite my tables but could hum along with the tune. Being good at sums was even more important before this computer age which was also a time when letters to the editor was probably the equivalent of this messageboard. Those were the days though, when chairmen were chairmen! Let me take you back to those wonderful times, let me indulge you in a trip of nostalgia back to the letters page of the Eastern Evening News, Thursday May 30th 1985. Was this you BlyBlyBabes? :-

City''s sad demise

Regarding the sad demise of Norwich City Football Club. Sir Arthur South has stated that the writing was on the wall at Christmas time that a relegation battle was ahead.

I am sure many supporters would like to know why no action was taken at that time.

No, I''m afraid to say that this time there are no excuses and that maybe the time has come for a top out-side industrialist to take over (as Sir Arthur advocates at his other establishment).

Otherwise with the present administration Division 3 is looming large on the horizon.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

OTBC

[/quote]

I never was any good at sums Bly, I never could recite my tables but could hum along with the tune. Being good at sums was even more important before this computer age which was also a time when letters to the editor was probably the equivalent of this messageboard. Those were the days though, when chairmen were chairmen! Let me take you back to those wonderful times, let me indulge you in a trip of nostalgia back to the letters page of the Eastern Evening News, Thursday May 30th 1985. Was this you BlyBlyBabes? :-

City''s sad demise

Regarding the sad demise of Norwich City Football Club. Sir Arthur South has stated that the writing was on the wall at Christmas time that a relegation battle was ahead.

I am sure many supporters would like to know why no action was taken at that time.

No, I''m afraid to say that this time there are no excuses and that maybe the time has come for a top out-side industrialist to take over (as Sir Arthur advocates at his other establishment).

Otherwise with the present administration Division 3 is looming large on the horizon.

[/quote]

You''re losing it, Nutty.

1. Chairmen are still Chairmen. Ask Mumbles!

2. I have been one of those ordinary fans of City since 1957 and started standing on the terraces as a 14 year old in 1959. And I have been a proud supporter though all the ups and downs ever since. My faith in the leadership of the club has only started to waver in the last couple of years during which time, quite frankly, the current leadership has seriously lost the plot.

If I have become a strident critic of what is, then it is because I see the danger of terminal decline with prudence killing ambition - and a sad lack of swavvy and balls.

3. You know very well what happened in 1985-86. We got promoted straight back to the top tier under the South, Watling, Chase strategy. So don''t try to queer the pitch with irrelevant letters.

What has happened since our last excursion upwards, even with the aid of substantial parachute payments and close to capacity home crowds?

But hush, hush - we mustn''t point to success as a guide. Hush. And cry it - loud times are different, the board are trying. Auntie is passionate. And there''s bags of this and loads of that.

The passion in parts of the boardroom is in almost inverse proportion to the passion shown by most of our shower on the pitch.

Cr*p and decline in all around I see..................

We need some savvy, hardnosed  leadership. Period.

OTBC

Watling and Chase  (as much as i hate him) have both saved us from extinction and Delia has more than steadied the ship. Bad aint they.

Bly....the meaning of this is........

I used to read your posts but now its the same old drivel everytime. Oh lets put 5 negative things a day so i can compete with Cluck and Smudge.Jog on old fella its getting boring and a true waste of space.

[quote user="can u sit down please"]

Watling and Chase  (as much as i hate him) have both saved us from extinction and Delia has more than steadied the ship. Bad aint they.

Bly....the meaning of this is........

I used to read your posts but now its the same old drivel everytime. Oh lets put 5 negative things a day so i can compete with Cluck and Smudge.Jog on old fella its getting boring and a true waste of space.

[/quote]

But you see, you read this one, and felt passionate enough to bold your frustration.

The cold fact is that we should have the intelligence and pride to model successful strategies.

If you prefer to toddle along with auntie railing against the big bad world, then that is your option and you are welcome to it,

Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me.

Grow up quick, lassie. It''s a hard out there.

OTBC

I wasn''t blessed with much to lose in the first place Bly!

1. I am aware that Mumbles is Chairman and you know that. I am also aware that MWJ is the deep rooted fan from the majority shareholding partnership and I think you know that too, although you tend to ignore it or forget it.

2. I don''t doubt your ''credentials''as a City Fan. I was on the terraces as a 10 year old in 1967 and have also been a proud supporter through all the ups and downs since. I have lost faith in the leadership of the club quite a few times in that time but I never lost faith in the team. I understand how you feel about the present leadership but I don''t feel you understand how the challenges of running a football club have changed in the last 10 years.

I have no problem with the fact that you are now a strident critic of anything and everything to do with Norwich City Football Club, that''s your choice, but it''s unfair to try and devalue the enjoyment that thousands of others get from supporting their club. Where as you and I still talk about how Saunders took the club to the top tier in 1972 my daughter, who only started going in 1997, has similar memories of Worthington taking us there in 2004. Supporting Norwich City is still enjoyable for thousands of fans even though results and performances in the last couple of seasons have been disappointing.

3. Of course I know what happened following our relegation in 1985, but people didn''t know that in that summer did they? It''s only hindsight that says we went straight back. During that summer there were loads of strident critics of the clubs leadership as there has been at various times through the 60''s, 70''s, 80''s and 90''s. If you think back hard enough you will remember the hatred and vitriol towards Watling in the 60''s. Then the acrimony surrounding Saunders departure in the 70''s. The sale of Kevin Reeves and the protests over the lack of ambition shown by the board. That summer of ''85 and then a couple of years later we had the EGM at St. Andrews Hall and the attempts to remove the board following the sacking of Ken Brown. And of course in the 90''s we had the mass protests against Robert Chase and the club getting closer to being closed down than many people will accept now. These are just a few things I remember from the top of my head to go with the good memories of those days.

Since our last promotion the results have been disappointing and when results are disappointing there are always strident critics of the club which was the relevence of  posting that letter on here. It''s taken from a book I have called ''Canaries Souvenir'' and it''s not the only letter of it''s kind by a long way.

BBB, I am a passionate supporter of our club and I know you are. You tried to devalue some of my memories on another thread and as I am always good enough to try and answer anything you ask me maybe you could finally answer the question I asked at that time. I am not judgeing you as a fan I am just trying to understand where all the bitterness comes from.

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/934362/ShowPost.aspx