Sign in to follow this  
Bigmarkcanary

David Williams retires

Dave Williams has taken early retirement at the age of 52, saying that "retirement is wasted on the elderly".

He is a former coach of the Manchester United youth team and played a big part in realising the potential of John O''Shea, Wes Brown, Keiron Richardson and Darren Fletcher. He leaves City with the likes of Chris Martin, Michael Spillane, Bally Smart, Patrick Bexfield, Steve Arnold and Kris Renton in the first team.

He played 74 times for City from 1985-87 and won a Division Two championship medal in the process.

He re-joined Norwich in 2004 as assistant to Ricky Martin.

He has sold his house in Norwich and and he''s planning to move back to the family home in Harrogate - where more golf is the first thing on the agenda!

Congratulations on your early retirement Dave - and thank you very much [<:o)][:D]

It''s a shame in a way he wasn''t persuaded to have more of an input recently in first team affairs, but as he didn''t want this, then all we can do is feel regret.

He was a great coach and admirer of playing football in the Norwich City style....perhaps he felt we were no longer capable of doing this.

Good on him for being able to retire at 52!  If only we could all do that   lol

It''s nice to see someone from Beccles on the forum, I lived there for many years....how is it going down there with the scummers these days Bigmark?

yh i heard he was retiring

thanks for everything shame he didn''t stay, maybe coz he didn''t want to see us lose anymore lol.

OTBC!

next season is ours...hopefully!

Enjoy your retirement and thanks for everything you have achieved for our club.

Maybe one day in the future you may be tempted to come out of retirement as NCFC manager.

I think that you would probably do a very good job for us.

Cheers.

OTBC 

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]

It''s a shame in a way he wasn''t persuaded to have more of an input recently in first team affairs, but as he didn''t want this, then all we can do is feel regret.

He was a great coach and admirer of playing football in the Norwich City style....perhaps he felt we were no longer capable of doing this.

Good on him for being able to retire at 52!  If only we could all do that   lol

It''s nice to see someone from Beccles on the forum, I lived there for many years....how is it going down there with the scummers these days Bigmark?

[/quote]

It''s going alright thanks gazza, hardly hear anything from them to be honest. I am originally from Lowestoft, where the Norwich/scum support is more on an equal level.

Getting back to Dave Williams though, does anyone think he could be back if it all goes belly up for Granty next year? No disrespect meant to Williams here, but I hope it doesn''t.

Could Dion Dublin fill Dave''s shoes??

I am so sorry to see Dave Williams go he was a great coach , the team he put together with Dave Stringer was the best we have ever had , and his coaching was out of this world , remember you don''t put an idiot in charge of a set up like Man Utd Academy for 7 years if you don''t know what you are doing , a sad day for me for sure , i know as well for a lot of fans out there, he should be our present manager .but there you go , things don''t always work out how you want.[:''(]