Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

Let Justice Prevail - Through Conspiracy If That's What It Takes

If justice prevails at the end of the Premiership season this weekend, those that should will get "hammered". Allegedly, meetings have taken place and the clubs from the north have a game plan to ensure the three relegated teams will all be southern-based. Manchester United have committed to an aggressive game scoring plenty of goals as they send the Upton Park crowd home with their tales between their legs.

The game will be monitored very closely by the Sheffield United spies to ensure that Man U are living up to their part in the conspiracy. Messages will be relayed back to Bramall Lane into the ear of Neil Warnock at two minute intervals. Provided all is going according to plan at Old Trafford, Warnock will relay hand signals ( he is an expert by now ) to his boys in red and white stripes not only to take their foot off the gas pedal, but to have his boys lay down in the shape of an arrow pointing towards the Sheffield United goal. One free goal will be conceded to Wigan which will conclude the scoring for the game. Then all the players from both teams will sit in the centre of the pitch for the duration enjoying chips and beer served on silver carrying trays by Warnock and Jewell. The crowd of 30,000 plus will roar their approval as the score is announced on the loudspeaker that Man U are three goals to the good and pushing for more. What could not be achieved by common sense and fair play is more than adequately handled by conspiracy. 

If, on the other hand, the Premiership champions don''t live up their end of the bargain and a tragedy occurs meaning Sheffield United get relegated, the roads out of Sheffield to Manchester will be filled with vehicles of all description carrying Yorkshiremen with menacing looks such as has not been seen since the invasion of the Vikings, and the current generation will witness the War Of The Roses all over again. 

It''s absolutely ridiculous to believe West Ham can unilaterally tear up Tevez''s contract which according to Joorachabian requires the payment of £41m or £31m if West Ham want to buy.  Why would MIS or MSI throw this sum of money.

Hopefully justice is served by your conspiracy Yankee.

The Premier League are a total disgrace and the FA totally incompetent.  Come on the Northern Monkeys do us proud. 

[quote user="Gorleston Jim"]

" send the Upton Park crowd home with their tales between their legs. "

Tales of the unexpected  YC  ? ? ?

[/quote]

I noticed my "tails" slip right after I clicked the "post" icon Jim. Unusual for me and then I thought perhaps it was a Freudian slip. Quite frankly, I don''t care what they have between their legs as long as it''s not three points.

To be honest there has been a major cock up here.

The fault lies totaly at the feet of the FA - they alone are meant to observe every transfer deal to ensure it meets all of the requirements for the player to be able to play in this country. The PFA also takes a role in making sure the player has a work permit etc.

It is as simple as this - if Mr Tevez should not have been able to play then all of the games he has played in should be re-played. It is not fair to West Ham who should have been informed at the time that unless they owned him out-right he could not play.

My personal opinion however is that this is a fuss that is working in favour of West Ham and is out of proportion. At the end of the day it is one player and that one player can not beat the teams that they have played against. Infact I wouldn''t say that he is even a brilliant player - yes he did very well in their last game a 3-0 win but is he really world class?

The answer is no, they have played some teams struggling for form and have finaly refound the form of last season. The other teams are looking for anything they can get their hands on and who could blame them. The only problem being that should they end up being proven right still only one of them could escape relegation and it seems rather defeatest to me that they are already saying we will fight it . . . .

Relegation and promotion are received on the pitch, 11 men. And the results tell the truth. The fact is recently West Ham have had a lot of their players come back from injury or hit form again or simply lift their performances after the Curbishleys arrival. Thats all it really comes down to.

Well said chicken.

Come on you Hammers.

Ashton & Tevez together would be fascinating next year.

Oh dear,hush, I forgot they have one of those d*mn foreign investors.Hush.

OTBC

The mishandling of this affair by the FA and Premier League sends out entirely the wrong message.  If West Ham can get away with it, what''s to stop other clubs going down the same route?

There''s a joke going around that the reason why so many Americans are interested in English football is because it reminds them of the Wild West . . .

Come on West Ham, send Colin, and his merry men, down [;)]

Bit silly I know but if West ham stay up prehaps the Prem league should create another relegation space and send them down too or more sensibly dock them seven points for next season regardless of which league they are in , At the end of the day they knowingly broke Prem league rules by signing and playing an inillegable player if I was a Wigan or Blades fan I would be furious at a 5 million slap on the wrist.

Love personally  to see Warnock down though.

It is indeed a sordid affair that has dogged West Ham with these transfers, but it is worth pointing out that the decision to implement a fine rather than docking points was taking by an Independent Comission, not the FA or the Premier League... of course, you could suggest that there were external influences on this comission, but I doubt it very much.  My guess is that they presumed Wet Sham would be relegated anyway and thus didn''t bother... something that is now in danger of backfiring.As much as I think this whole farce is a let-off for the Hammers, I do also feel that relegation and promotion issues should be settled on the pitch, not in the courts.  I''ve never really been in favour of points deductions as it takes away the fun of football - Middlesbrough and Altrincham fans would likely agree with me here!  As far as the courts, the FA and the Premier League are concerned Wet Sham have now taken steps to confirm Tevez as an eligible player and he should thus be allowed to simply get on with it.  Case closed.Plus, I''d love to see Colin go down after spending the whole season looking so smug about how well he''s done... So I''m sorry to say, but Come On You Irons! Bye bye Colin... [:)]

Sadly it''s looking like cheats do prosper. And how nice of Curbishley''s best friend to wait an hour before fielding his three best players this season...

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Sadly it''s looking like cheats do prosper. And how nice of Curbishley''s best friend to wait an hour before fielding his three best players this season...[/quote]

Thats what I said to my ManU supporting hubby Pete [:(], but he pointed out that ManU had 29 shots at goal, Greeno made some magnificent saves, West Ham had already beaten ManU at home this season and were desperate and relegation is determined by the whole season not just one game.

My reply grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, didn''t you just know that West Ham would win that one, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]Sadly it''s looking like cheats do prosper. And how nice of Curbishley''s best friend to wait an hour before fielding his three best players this season...[/quote]

Curmudgeonly, I think the term is Pete.[;)]

Don''t you want United to complete Chelsea''s misery and whip them in the FA Cup?[:''(]

Long live playground football.[:D]

OTBC

Once it had become clear that I wasn''t going to be able to watch the games on Sky yesterday due to other commitments, I decided I wanted to wait until MOTD to find out what happened... was an excruciating afternoon of avoiding all scores and not even daring to log onto my MSN in case someone had changed their screen name to something related to the scores!In the end though, it was well worth it.  The Wet Sham result isn''t that much of a surprise, but I don''t buy any conspiracy theories about Fergie letting his mate off the hook - consider the fact that he has the FA Cup Final coming up this weekend and it was no surprise, and also factor in that regardless of some first choices being left out there were still 11 internationals in Man Utd''s XI yesterday.  West Ham seemed to be clinging on for dear life and it seems to me that it was a mixture of dogged determination and fine goalkeeping which kept the Hammers up.Then after that, the Wigan game... well, I really don''t think I''ve ever sat there watching the highlights of two teams I don''t even support and feeling so engrossed in the game! It seemed something of a cracker, and although Colin can bleat on all he likes about the injustice of it, the fact of the matter is that his players didn''t perform well enough over the season to survive, simple as that.  On the final day, they bottled it and Wigan played like lions to secure their own place.  If Colin''s men had had half the determination that Wigan were showing, they wouldn''t be in this mess.  And, quite frankly, it couldn''t have happened to a nicer club and manager... [:)]