Sign in to follow this  
Bovril

Campaign for 'The Canaries' Song as the Walk onto the pitch song

Following on from the other thread, i seriously think theyre should be a campaign or awareness to bring this song back when the two teams walk onto the pitch.... it would add a little bit of pride and localness(?) that would make it our ground music much like z cars at everton rather then the ''one vision'' which i''m sure isnt that popular... it would get the crowd going by clapping along much like ''silverlining'' at wolves

What does everyone think? Just in case you havent heard it, the link that someone kindly supplied is below

http://www.myspace.com/norwichcityfootballclub

It really would be a good idea i think

anyone remember the Canary Rock and roll! the BEST song the club has ever run out to.. and if anyone says differently they can step outside and discuss it man to man! lol

id like to hear 2 tribes by Frankie goes to hollywood.

When the players are in the tunnell it starts with the sirens and that big dramatic bit Very loud blaring out of the tannoy, then when they run out its the main tune, would really kick up an atmosphere and Football is about "2 tribes" in essence really isnt it.

jas :)

What a funny old song, and indeed a funny idea.Have to say, I''m a bit old fashioned and believe the players should be welcomed onto the pitch by nothing more than the roar of the crowd.

The canaries song that brings back some great memories, i would love to hear that again when the teams come out.As a matter of interest why was it ever stopped from being played and then having that awful music every time we score a goal.

i like elevation by u2 after all it what we want the team to do.there irish and dont stand a chance we will probaly end up with the proclamers or some bag piper skirt wearer ginger beard porrige eating band with a tune we have never heard of.on the ball city

I reckon they should have the massed pipes & drums of the black watch playing scotland the brave as they march onto the pitch - it would be most appropriate with the current Scottish regime

yeah that''s what comes on automatically, aint got a clue who put that up, but just change it to ''The Canaries''