Sign in to follow this  
JuanVelasco

OUT OF CONTRACT / RELEASED CHAMPIONSHIP PLAYERS

Ive trawled the net looking for out of contract / free agents. Please feel free to add to the list.

Released / Out of Contract

Chris Lwelumo            

Richard Garcia            

John Hills                     

Tony Capaldi               

Danny Granville           

Micheal Hughes           

Gabor Kiraly               

Tommy Black              

Dougie Freedman        

Danny Butterfield         

Neil Alexander

Danny Coyne

John McGreal

Frank Sinclair

Graham Branch

Marc Bircham

Kevin Gallen

Steve Lomas

Paul Furlong

Simon Royce

Paul Jones

Mauro Milanese

Armel Tchakounte

Robbie Williams

Daniel Nardiello

Neil Austin

Antony Kay

Marc Richards

Peter Holmes

Michael Leary

Hayden Foxe

Robbie Elliott

Ian Moore

My Pick:

Daniel Nardiello (Striker)

Chris Lwelumo (Striker)

Marc Bircham (Centre Mid)

Micheal Hughes (Centre Mid)

Neil Alexander/Danny Coyne (GK)

Danny Butterfield (Defender Right)

Danny Granville (Defender Left)

That is seven good quality players if you ask me..... leaving our entire transfer budget..........

An interesting list of players.

Not sure of your suggestion about Micael Hughes. isnt age against him?

Daniel Nardiello would be excellent, though i saw on teletext the other day his club are planning to offer a new contract.

Some of our transfer budget would be spent on signing on/agent fees but some of the above names could be well worth the gamble....

".......leaving our entire transfer budget........" No, no, you`re forgetting agents fees, signing on fees, the taxi fare to Colney, and the cost of the pen that they sign with. Far more prudent not to sign anyone and hope that things might improve........

[quote user="jimmy500"]Danny Granville would be good option...[/quote]

obviously never saw his loan spell here then!

jas :)

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]".......leaving our entire transfer budget........" No, no, you`re forgetting agents fees, signing on fees, the taxi fare to Colney, and the cost of the pen that they sign with. Far more prudent not to sign anyone and hope that things might improve........[/quote]

Woah, that''s a bit harsh.  I have it on good authority that we still have a job lot of N&P pens from when they sponsored us and we don''t have to buy any for while.

You also forgot Neil Doncasters telephone bill for the copius amount of calls he makes during transfers.

i agree with the 2 strikers, however do we need both as look at our main striker?

i''d love,

Neil Alexander

but never Danny Coyne the ex-burnley old codger

defence is our crucial area, get a GK, few DF and 1/2 CM depending on what happens to safri

Capaldi and Garcia are not too Shabby either, Garcia is reportedly quite creative and has scored a few, Capaldi is another player who can play full back or on the wing - I think Plymouth offered him a contract, not sure on that one though.

[quote user="essexcanary"]u have WAY to much time on your hands mate[/quote]

Well, half an hour on Teamtalk if you must now. Im a student, its called prostcrastination, putting off doing my coursework.... and its better than getting hairy hands...

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="jimmy500"]Danny Granville would be good option...[/quote]

obviously never saw his loan spell here then!

[/quote]

I seem to remember Granville playing well at Norwich, wasnt he here alongside Scott Parker?....

[quote user="djcat"]

Not sure of your suggestion about Micael Hughes. isnt age against him?

[/quote]

Yeh hes getting on.... but he was palaces best player in the prem a couple of seasons ago... and the palace manager has said that if he can get rid of a midfielder he will sign him back (they have to cut their wage bill)..... and age isnt necessarily always a barrier is it?. Dublin is 38 mate.

Only Alexander is worth trying to sign and better than what we have now! The rest are no improvement on the current squad. Quality costs, so we will have to either settle for championship mediocrity or gamble and try and get hold of another Bentley for a year, Derby did it this year with David Jones from Man U. The young talent is out there, we just have to use our apparent ''contacts''. 

[quote user="Saint Canary"]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]".......leaving our entire transfer budget........" No, no, you`re forgetting agents fees, signing on fees, the taxi fare to Colney, and the cost of the pen that they sign with. Far more prudent not to sign anyone and hope that things might improve........[/quote]

Woah, that''s a bit harsh.  I have it on good authority that we still have a job lot of N&P pens from when they sponsored us and we don''t have to buy any for while.

You also forgot Neil Doncasters telephone bill for the copius amount of calls he makes during transfers.

[/quote]

You forgot we''d need to get a roll of masking tape - or summat - to cover the logos in the publicity photos.

OTBC

Man city released a number of players yesterday including Trevor Sinclair and Stephen Jordan , While Sinclair would no doubt be on high wages Jordan probaly wont be and from whenever I''ve seen him play looks fairly handy at full back both would be good players to add to the squad if we''re serious about challanging for promotion next season.

[quote user="Dirty Sanchez"]Man city released a number of players yesterday including Trevor Sinclair and Stephen Jordan , While Sinclair would no doubt be on high wages Jordan probaly wont be and from whenever I''ve seen him play looks fairly handy at full back both would be good players to add to the squad if we''re serious about challanging for promotion next season.[/quote]

Stephen Jordan would, IMO, be an excellent signing.

Here''s my thread from a while back on it with some information on him:

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/939271/ShowPost.aspx

Get Crofty on the phone and get him here...

[quote user="mbncfc"]

[quote user="Dirty Sanchez"]Man city released a number of players yesterday including Trevor Sinclair and Stephen Jordan , While Sinclair would no doubt be on high wages Jordan probaly wont be and from whenever I''ve seen him play looks fairly handy at full back both would be good players to add to the squad if we''re serious about challanging for promotion next season.[/quote]

Stephen Jordan would, IMO, be an excellent signing.

Here''s my thread from a while back on it with some information on him:

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/939271/ShowPost.aspx

Get Crofty on the phone and get him here...

[/quote]

no dont get Croft on the phone! he will say that as long as he runs around a lot thats all he needs to do!

That''s nothing,

I went to the stand up comedy they have at carrow road and to my shock and horror they were giving away pens (free of charge!) so that people could fill in competition forms to win a prize.

I was so angry i could have squashed a grape. It''s just another off-the field white elephant, eating up transfer funds we could have used to sign fat Titus or Jason McAteer (last seen outside Halfords)  

prostcrastination? lol. Clearly not an English student then Ryan?! By the way, hairy hands? hmmm [:)]

Not to keen on Jordan, gives the ball away a lot.

Neil Lennon, on the other hand, I would be chuffed with.

Dion has proved age is not the be all and end all and he always seems to have plenty of passion and desire so if the club were satisfied he was up to another season fitness wise, he would certainly sort our midfield out.

Wages would be worth it and not too astronomical anyway I would think.

The problem would not be transfer fees, it would be the wage bill.  It would leave us with more money to spend on the players we have to pay money for, but probably not increases the total number of players we can bring into the club.

That said, there are some interesting names knocking about, Calamity Bramble for one.......

OTBC!

Chunky

I''ve actually always really rated Granville - admittedly I haven''t seen him play for a while, but I thought he played pretty well for us in his loan spell here. Seem to remember him being good at pushing forward.

The keeper we should go for without a doubt is gabor kiraly from palace. when they came down here in the prem season they played speroni and he was absolutely shocking i thought he would get them relegated on his own, but kiraly when i saw him play was awesome so in my opinion he''s the choice for me. Although I would imagine his wages are quite high otherwise palace would try to keep him.

also capaldi and garcia would be good for us too, lwelumo might be worth a go

[quote user="David Freezer"]

Not to keen on Jordan, gives the ball away a lot.

Neil Lennon, on the other hand, I would be chuffed with.

Dion has proved age is not the be all and end all and he always seems to have plenty of passion and desire so if the club were satisfied he was up to another season fitness wise, he would certainly sort our midfield out.

Wages would be worth it and not too astronomical anyway I would think.

[/quote]

And how would Dion do that? [:^)]Shout at them from centre forward or centre back? But then why didn''t he do that this season? Must be that though , as I can''t imagine him up & down the wing - or mucking in beside Etuhu.[:-*][:)]

OTBC

I see Arjan De Zeeuw has been released. I think he would be a blinding signing. Played well for Wigan again this year, age isnt on his side but sometimes you need to ignore that. Fit enough to play week in week out and would possibly free Dion in a forward role.

Would love De Zeeuw, experienced and really in a Malky role. Illwemno (dunno how you spell his name) would be great. So to Nardiello who certainly has a bright future and is a good young player. I''d love to see them two, even if they don''t make first team (which they should) we can do with a good strong squad.