Sign in to follow this  
Stephen Frys Evil Twin

Otsemobor to sign next week:

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Stephen Frys Evil Twin"]http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=158316&command=displayContent
&sourceNode=158309&contentPK=17343806&folderPk=87603&pNodeId=158332
[/quote]

is this the "medical" he had last week and was supposed to of signed as a result from?

believe it when i see it....

jas :)

[/quote]

This is from their local newspaper, not some second-rate unofficial fansite.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Stephen Frys Evil Twin"]http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=158316&command=displayContent&sourceNode=158309&contentPK=17343806&folderPk=87603&pNodeId=158332[/quote]

is this the "medical" he had last week and was supposed to of signed as a result from?

[/quote]

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich&itemid=NOED17%20May%202007%2014%3A33%3A52%3A437

D''OH [:$]

Read these quotes:

“After this weekend he would be in a position to speak to anyone one else, but he has already indicated to me he doesn''t want to do that. He has a great feeling about the club.”

“He went away and did a little bit of homework because he didn''t know Peter Grant too well, but everyone he talked to in the game spoke very highly of him. Jon got a good vibe and feels this is the best move for the next stage of his career.”

So, he was wanted by other Championship sides, and QPR had a bid rejected last season. He is a former England U21 international too.

Providing all is confirmed and goes well next week, I think this is an excellent signing. I think it shows we have a manager willing to be proactive, can beat other teams to a signature and clearly has enough about him to attract good players.

Don''t be fooled into thinking he''s a Crewe reject people. That all came about because he didn''t want sign a contract. This would be a great first signing of the summer for us IMO. 

[quote user="WEEN_NASTY"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Stephen Frys Evil Twin"]http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=158316&command=displayContent
&sourceNode=158309&contentPK=17343806&folderPk=87603&pNodeId=158332
[/quote]

[/quote]

http://new.pinkun.com/content/ncfc/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PinkUnOnline&tCategory=Norwich
&itemid=NOED17%20May%202007%2014%3A33%3A52%3A437

D''OH [:$]

[/quote]

that doesnt say he is signing for us.. his agent says he may sign for us... then again he may sign for Sheffield wednesday....

"I think it shows we have a manager willing to be proactive, can beat other teams to a signature and clearly has enough about him to attract good players."

[:D]

Good signing... trying to surf the net for Crewe forums to see what they think about it, but all i can find is discontent at what appears to be their entire squad being targets. This transfer is barely mentioned. I guess its been on the cards for awhile their end.

Stephen Fry''s Evil Twin, I have a feeling it''s a case of "Otsemobor''s Evil Agent" trying to start an auction.  This could have some distance to run.

Can''t comment as to whether he would be a good signing or not as I don''t know enough about him.

Surely its time Cludger/Smuck dropped in and told us he''s overrated/crap/injured/lacking ambition/carrying the ebola virus/responsible for the war in Iraq.I can''t stand this positivity any longer.

we need defenders in all positions so this is a start;  not exactly my first choice and v mixed reviews but no doubt he will become 1st choice right back.

"I can''t stand this positivity any longer."

Okay - Otsemobor is a p**s-head & enjoys nightclubbing.

How''s that? 

Trust me Jas, its all sorted, and thats fact!.

Now who was it said that no one did transfers in June?..............................thats right..................the best young manager in the league..........Worthington himsellf!.

I believe he can play centre back and right back. I think this is key to our interest in him.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Trust me Jas, its all sorted, and thats fact!.

Now who was it said that no one did transfers in June?..............................thats right..................the best young manager in the league..........Worthington himsellf!.

[/quote]

lol wiz.. no doubt saying it from his Villa in the Costa Brava...

[quote user="Herb"]Surely its time Cludger/Smuck dropped in and told us he''s overrated/crap/injured/lacking ambition/carrying the ebola virus/responsible for the war in Iraq.
I can''t stand this positivity any longer.
[/quote]

Cluck''s gone away for a couple of months.

I think he''s doing a little bird !!

He must be confused, cos he doesn''t know the meaning of a short sentence.

They said smudge could stand bail but he replied ''I dont understand cricket''.

Never mind, he''s still got his cell-phone.

Useful signing imo.

Apparently, he was in the Div 1 team of the year.

I understand that his great strength is his attacking play. Perhaps we are looking at a change of system with Lappin and "Semmy" as wing backs? Would allow us to give Hux a free role and play Earnie and a partner up front.

[quote user="lappinitup"]

Cluck''s gone away for a couple of months.

[/quote]Crimes against logic and sanity?He''ll get more than a couple of months for that.The keys already been thrown away I''d wager...

Certainly sounds promising and starts to address our main areas of weakness: the one certainty for next season is that we must be about 100% better defensively as we sure as hell aren''t going to be in the promotion mix if we let in 70+ goals again!

In the past I was always of the opinion that I didn''t mind when we signed players as long as we got decent ones, but sadly we did seem to rather miss out in the last two summers.  This Summer''s transfer window is going to be crucial as we have a lot of rebuilding to do. Time will tell, but to me something does already feel ''better'' - we actually seem to be much more proactive in looking for players and are letting supporters know it early doors, and we look like we might be among the first clubs to sign a player in the close season.....this all seems to be rather different from the last few years when seemingly long holidays appeared to be the order of the day as soon as the season finished!    

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

In the past I was always of the opinion that I didn''t mind when we signed players as long as we got decent ones, but sadly we did seem to rather miss out in the last two summers.  This Summer''s transfer window is going to be crucial as we have a lot of rebuilding to do. Time will tell, but to me something does already feel ''better'' - we actually seem to be much more proactive in looking for players and are letting supporters know it early doors, and we look like we might be among the first clubs to sign a player in the close season.....this all seems to be rather different from the last few years when seemingly long holidays appeared to be the order of the day as soon as the season finished!    

[/quote]

Totally agree Pickle.  The last two summers have been wholly depressing watching other teams sign players who could have done a job for us while we were seemingly still on holiday not even looking.  We do appear to be more proactive this time round and things do "feel" better.  The problem with signing players late is that they very rarely hit the ground running and the longer spent in preseason with us the better.

Is Otsemobor is a good player though?  Not too sure as I have only seen him a few times but he is worth taking a risk on considering he is free and his wage demands can''t be too high coming from League One.

Opinions of crewe fans - he sounds ok:

http://boards.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=907&p=16&style=2&forumId=4078&action=1&replytoid=529198257

eat_my_goalz Posted on 17/5 15:54
Jon Ostemobor

We''ve (Norwich) gone and nicked another one of your players. Signing for us next week. Any good? Good luck for next season, would love to see you back in the Championship!

oracle3001 Posted on 17/5 16:02
re: Jon Ostemobor

Have him, only a matter of time before it all goes wrong and we have already got a player who is just as good.

Semi - Talent unquestioned, but attitude stinks and always seems to find conflict and trouble.

platform Posted on 17/5 16:49

...and to add to what oracle says, for a full back, his positioning and all round defending isn''t that good, however, you could stick him on the wing

Ross_Kemp_Son Posted on 17/5 16:59

trouble is if you put him out there, you may expect him to contribute goals? Which he won''t because he can''t finish.

His pace is an asset, however when the chips are down he just doesn''t look interested at all. Complete waste of talent when that happens.

When you''re playing well though, and if you get the ball wide, he can be great bombing down the wing (as a full back), and as already mentioned, his defending is poor in terms of positioning (and sometimes his concentration), but in a one-on-one situation his pace will always get him out of danger.

--- Post edited by Ross_Kemp_Son on 17/5 16:59 ---

Cumbrian_Alex Posted on 17/5 18:26

Is he definitely going to Norwich, or is it just more speculation? I know they''ve been interested in him for a while.

Good riddance I say, but the one blinding game he had for us was Man Utd at home. Had Richardson in his back pocket.
GGCaller Posted on 17/5 19:26

Relies on pace to compensate for moderate positional play and cant get away with that at a higher level.

Doesn''t tackle and is not good when need to dig in and fight.

Be surprised if he does much but good luck.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]we need defenders in all positions so this is a start;  not exactly my first choice and v mixed reviews but no doubt he will become 1st choice right back.[/quote]

Is this the same as having strikers in all positions as we have done with Dublin?Indifferent [:|] I think we shold only plays defenders in defensive positions.Wink [;)]

Not exactly a ringing endorsement.  The question is whether Granty will be able to manage his temperament and get the best out of him.

I''d take what the Crewe fans say with a pinch of salt - us City fans were hardly generous in our praise when we lost one of our former England U21 players on a free...

I''d say the Crewe fans are being a bit harsh.........I think we''ve got ourselves an excellent signing, considering the fee.

PFA League One Team of the Year:
Joe Murphy (Scunthorpe), Jon Otsemobor (Crewe), Matt Lockwood (Leyton Orient), Terry Skiverton (Yeovil), Ian Breckin (Nottingham Forest), Wesley Hoolahan (Blackpool), Richard Wellens (Oldham), Matt Jarvis (Gillingham), Chris Shuker (Tranmere), Luke Varney (Crewe), Billy Sharp (Scunthorpe)