Sign in to follow this  
Arthur Whittle

New Board Demo Organiser

ive had contact with lee oliver a few months ago and i think the time is right to bring the subject up again.

i have taken over the campaign to get delia and her mob to sell up to investers with real ambition.

this club is worse of now than under robert chase.

join the campaign, we need to speak to be heard.

dont fall for the we are a little club spin.

we are potentially bigger than half the premiership teams.

our support deserves better

forget lets be avin you!

DELIA PLEASE SELL TO INVESTERS!

They do not have to be from norfolk!

A Whittle

{change for the better campaign}

Wow, i can picture it now..

You, cluck, smudger, perhaps 3 others.

With cheap picket signs and a packet of nik-naks each.

You''re going places.

good luck. im not anti delia but think its foolish to rule out investment from non norwich supporters.

all the best mate.

Arthur for your first post , you sound a lovely sweet old boy , but why do you target one of our best fan''s that City [:@]have ever had?

[quote user="hogesar"]

[/quote]

Don''t forget to invite  the Grove 30!

I agree with the others, we have to be realistic about our chances of attracting even more new investment. Yes we do have the potential but in order to get to where we want to be we have to be prudent rather than overburden ourselves with even more debt in chasing the dream.

I am fully behind the board as it stands now[B][B]

Stop whingeing[:$] and start singing[H]

"i have taken over the campaign to get delia and her mob to sell up to investers with real ambition....."I just wish binners would keep off this forum.[:P]

OK....

You''ve said you want Delia and co to sell the club to "...investors with real ambition...".

Do you have a concept of what the word "investment" actually means?

Lets say that we want someone to come in and wipe all of the clubs debts, as well as provide Peter Grant -or, the ambitious and well known, famous Manager we''ll undoubtedly get in once this takeover has taken place- a substantial sum of money for new players etc.

Lets say, ball park figure, that would need to be something in the region of £22-£25 Million.

Who, in their right mind, is going to invest that in our club? Bear in mind that someone who is looking to invest in our club will be looking for a return on their investment-so, whatever they have put in, over a period of time, they might want to take back what they have put in, plus a lot more. That is what investment is-put a sum of money in, wait for it to perform over a few years take it back again. So, your wealthy philanthropist comes along in 2007, invests his £25 Million, wait for it, its now 2012, he has grown weary of his football club, he wants his £25 million back now-remember, it was an investment, as you have said we need-but, in addition to that, he (or she) wants an extra, lets say £8 Million for their time. Better hope we''ve got that? We haven''t? Shit-well, he (or she) could realise some more by selling off some assets, maybe that lovely piece of potential real estate at Colney, perhaps part of the ground around the club could be sold off for flats or something as well? Certainly, it looks as if players want to be sold. Wealthy investors are not fools, they don''t have some sentimental attachment to the football club, it was a business decision that they made and if we can''t reap the return for him/her, then its going to have to be found some other way isn''t it?

Selling players and the training ground? Well, the Manager can clearly now see that the vision that the club has doesn''t share his own, so he quits. Some of the players ask for moves as well. Joe Lewis is England keeper and one of the best players we''ve had for years, he doesn''t want to leave his childhood club but, well, too bad, of he goes to Liverpool for £8 Million-how much of that do we get-not much, Mr Investor wants his money back, remember....?

What we are really looking for are people that want to give the club money-put money into the club and not expect a return. But who will do that, who will come along and put in this "serious" £20 million odd and expect nothing for it except gratitude-well, to do that, you need to be rich on the scale of Abramovic, even the guys who took over Man Utd have put the club in debt, and those people who lent the Glaziers the money, are they going to want it back, of course they are!

Of course, Delia and MWJ have put money into the club that they don''t expect to get back. Not serious money but enough, when it came, to save the club from going under, from going out of existence. And we were, and would of, hadn''t they came along. But what do we get now, suddenly everyone is "sick" of them, its "time for them to go" etc etc etc, ditto the Turner money, everyone has had a good old moan about that, have said it isn''t the serious investment we need-too right it isn''t investment, its an interest free loan, they aren''t expecting anything out of it at all!

When a motley band of supporters stand outside Carrow Road, with home made placards demanding that the board quit else sell up, its really going to attract all those generous billionaires over to Norfolk isn''t it, they''ll think "look at this club, this is what I want, I''ll give them lots of money"! No, they won''t. But of course, if you think it will make a difference, please do so and prove me wrong, I''ll be the first to stand up and apologise to you. And thats a promise.

Of course the club needs to move forward. Of course it needs financial input from somewhere but don''t fall into the trap of equating "investment" with "free money" -that is one of the reasons that Delia is so cautious re.foreign investors, a lot of them will be looking for a return, they don''t or won''t give a shit about Norwich City, the community, the fans, the City-they''ll be looking to get their money back and if they can''t one way, they will another. Mandaric did a lot for Portsmouth, yes, but he only left when he got the money back he''d invested AND made a healthy profit. Ours would the same. Whatever we get, someone, somewhere, will soon want it back-are we the sort of club that might be able to do that for them-or is that why the major investors are looking only to the big clubs-Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal-because they know they''ll get a return from them. Leeds buckled because they could never give a return on their borrowings and the money financial institutions put into them, do you think we are going to do the opposite?

Our ONLY chance of eventual financial prosperity is promotion back to the Premiership and then long term residence there. That means the prioroty for the football club has to be the footballing side of things-again, something most investors would not have at the forefront of their minds-it can be achieved, but it will be very, very difficult. And even the long term residence in the Prem doesn''t guarantee your future, look how many years Charlton were in there, yet, after their relegation this season, despite all the money they made, despite the pending parachute payments, there are real concerns now about their future after this relegation. Perhaps the best hope of all that we have is a radical and contemporary revamp of the game itself, the structure, the financing, everything, so that everyone operates on a more level playing field-but with our big 4 holding all the trump cards and the G14 having more clout, it seems, than FIFA-don''t hold your breath...

[quote user="hogesar"]

With cheap picket signs and a packet of nik-naks each.

You''re going places.

[/quote]

I think they''re off on their annual holiday with the Flat Earth Society!

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

OK....

You''ve said you want Delia and co to sell the club to "...investors with real ambition...".

Lets say that we want someone to come in and wipe all of the clubs debts, as well as provide Peter Grant -or, the ambitious and well known, famous Manager we''ll undoubtedly get in once this takeover has taken place- a substantial sum of money for new players etc.

Lets say, ball park figure, that would need to be something in the region of £22-£25 Million.

Who, in their right mind, is going to invest that in our club? Bear in mind that someone who is looking to invest in our club will be looking for a return on their investment-so, whatever they have put in, over a period of time, they might want to take back what they have put in, plus a lot more. That is what investment is-put a sum of money in, wait for it to perform over a few years take it back again. So, your wealthy philanthropist comes along in 2007, invests his £25 Million, wait for it, its now 2012, he has grown weary of his football club, he wants his £25 million back now-remember, it was an investment, as you have said we need-but, in addition to that, he (or she) wants an extra, lets say £8 Million for their time. Better hope we''ve got that? We haven''t? Shit-well, he (or she) could realise some more by selling off some assets, maybe that lovely piece of potential real estate at Colney, perhaps part of the ground around the club could be sold off for flats or something as well? Certainly, it looks as if players want to be sold. Wealthy investors are not fools, they don''t have some sentimental attachment to the football club, it was a business decision that they made and if we can''t reap the return for him/her, then its going to have to be found some other way isn''t it?

Selling players and the training ground? Well, the Manager can clearly now see that the vision that the club has doesn''t share his own, so he quits. Some of the players ask for moves as well. Joe Lewis is England keeper and one of the best players we''ve had for years, he doesn''t want to leave his childhood club but, well, too bad, of he goes to Liverpool for £8 Million-how much of that do we get-not much, Mr Investor wants his money back, remember....?

What we are really looking for are people that want to give the club money-put money into the club and not expect a return. But who will do that, who will come along and put in this "serious" £20 million odd and expect nothing for it except gratitude-well, to do that, you need to be rich on the scale of Abramovic, even the guys who took over Man Utd have put the club in debt, and those people who lent the Glaziers the money, are they going to want it back, of course they are!

Of course, Delia and MWJ have put money into the club that they don''t expect to get back. Not serious money but enough, when it came, to save the club from going under, from going out of existence. And we were, and would of, hadn''t they came along. But what do we get now, suddenly everyone is "sick" of them, its "time for them to go" etc etc etc, ditto the Turner money, everyone has had a good old moan about that, have said it isn''t the serious investment we need-too right it isn''t investment, its an interest free loan, they aren''t expecting anything out of it at all!

When a motley band of supporters stand outside Carrow Road, with home made placards demanding that the board quit else sell up, its really going to attract all those generous billionaires over to Norfolk isn''t it, they''ll think "look at this club, this is what I want, I''ll give them lots of money"! No, they won''t. But of course, if you think it will make a difference, please do so and prove me wrong, I''ll be the first to stand up and apologise to you. And thats a promise.

Of course the club needs to move forward. Of course it needs financial input from somewhere but don''t fall into the trap of equating "investment" with "free money" -that is one of the reasons that Delia is so cautious re.foreign investors, a lot of them will be looking for a return, they don''t or won''t give a shit about Norwich City, the community, the fans, the City-they''ll be looking to get their money back and if they can''t one way, they will another. Mandaric did a lot for Portsmouth, yes, but he only left when he got the money back he''d invested AND made a healthy profit. Ours would the same. Whatever we get, someone, somewhere, will soon want it back-are we the sort of club that might be able to do that for them-or is that why the major investors are looking only to the big clubs-Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd, Arsenal-because they know they''ll get a return from them. Leeds buckled because they could never give a return on their borrowings and the money financial institutions put into them, do you think we are going to do the opposite?

Our ONLY chance of eventual financial prosperity is promotion back to the Premiership and then long term residence there. That means the prioroty for the football club has to be the footballing side of things-again, something most investors would not have at the forefront of their minds-it can be achieved, but it will be very, very difficult. And even the long term residence in the Prem doesn''t guarantee your future, look how many years Charlton were in there, yet, after their relegation this season, despite all the money they made, despite the pending parachute payments, there are real concerns now about their future after this relegation. Perhaps the best hope of all that we have is a radical and contemporary revamp of the game itself, the structure, the financing, everything, so that everyone operates on a more level playing field-but with our big 4 holding all the trump cards and the G14 having more clout, it seems, than FIFA-don''t hold your breath...

[/quote]

Aw, shuck.

I am looking at your post, factoring in your post signature, chewing my gum and mulling over matters.

Interesting.

Will get back later.

OTBC

Good luck arthur. A lot of people have got there heads up there backsides when it comes to delia.

they think she is a saint and saved our club when in fact she didnt.

why oh why do so many people have this blind spot when it comes to la de la delia?

[quote user="barkertwist"]

Good luck arthur. A lot of people have got there heads up there backsides when it comes to delia.

they think she is a saint and saved our club when in fact she didnt.

why oh why do so many people have this blind spot when it comes to la de la delia?

[/quote]

who on the message board ever praises delia? just because some of us recognise the bigger picture and the foolishness of those who might protest does not mean we worship delia unconditionally as some kind of god.

I would like to see delia leave the board and new local investment come into the club which has already happened in part now if delia was to take more of a back seat don''t the protesters have what they wanted?

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

OK....

[/quote]

Investors are looking at Championship clubs mainly with a view of "buying" promotion,staying up for one season and then selling their stake on for a huge profit IMO. As it stands City- with a strong balance sheet underpinned by loads of fixed asset value and big,loyal support- would be amoungst the most attractive clubs in our division to attempt such a scheme.

The fact is that the current mob could make a killing on their shareholdings if we had two seasons in the Prem. Do you think this has never crossed their minds?

Mr Carrow, I agree-I suspect that a couple of seasons in the Prem and pending stability would light some £££ signs up in various peoples heads-if only we could get there AND do it!

We had the chance of course & the argument is short sightedness at the time prevented that happening-but thats another thread and another story.

I did go on and on and on yesterday but like all of us, I love the club, it was nice to get all that off my chest. I don''t pretend to have any answers, but its good to have my say and I welcome opinions and corrections on my diatribe. We certainly are a good investment bet and I would welcome it, the problem is, how soon and in what context would the investors want their return, especially if -and this would be a worry- large investment did not, after 2,3 years, yield a Prem return and we were still in the CCC.

Best of luck mate. This lot on here arent typical of what I regularly come across in the area. Another load of crap dished up by the cook this year yet still they run to mummy. Protests will happen next season and happy clappies like this mob will hopefully shove off and find a different way to amuse themselves.

STOP THE COOK before its to late.

[quote user="Stop The Cook"]

Best of luck mate. This lot on here arent typical of what I regularly come across in the area. Another load of crap dished up by the cook this year yet still they run to mummy. Protests will happen next season and happy clappies like this mob will hopefully shove off and find a different way to amuse themselves.

STOP THE COOK before its to late.

[/quote]

Too late... FFS [;)]

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

Investors are looking at Championship clubs mainly with a view of "buying" promotion,staying up for one season and then selling their stake on for a huge profit IMO. As it stands City- with a strong balance sheet underpinned by loads of fixed asset value and big,loyal support- would be amoungst the most attractive clubs in our division to attempt such a scheme.

The fact is that the current mob could make a killing on their shareholdings if we had two seasons in the Prem. Do you think this has never crossed their minds?

[/quote]

Why does this make the current board selling up to these investors such an attractive proposition then?

[quote user="Arthur Whittle"]

ive had contact with lee oliver a few months ago and i think the time is right to bring the subject up again.

i have taken over the campaign to get delia and her mob to sell up to investers with real ambition.

this club is worse of now than under robert chase.

join the campaign, we need to speak to be heard.

dont fall for the we are a little club spin.

we are potentially bigger than half the premiership teams.

our support deserves better

forget lets be avin you!

DELIA PLEASE SELL TO INVESTERS!

They do not have to be from norfolk!

A Whittle

{change for the better campaign}

[/quote]

wheres your offical website to allow like minded folk to join you? what literature will be made available? will you be finding the project out of your own pocket as was done with the Worthy out website.?

Talking about it isnt the same as doing it! whilst im unhappy with the board i wont be protesting but in order to be taken seriously you have to have the tools to back up your claims, not just a mouth.

jas :)

Although I would love to see Smith and Jones ousted from this club, any demo I feel is fundemently wrong at the moment.

Its just a gut feeling I have thats all.

Contrary to what some people would have you believe, I''m not anti Turner either, if they help dump Delia in the long term, all the better.

I said as much on the Offy site.

Yes I''m opposed to yet more small loans, but not the Turners,  okay?.

But I''m sorry guys, any demo is wrong at the moment, and I could never agree with it.

We must hit the ground running at the start of the season, not waste our time on protests which might harm the club .

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

We must hit the ground running at the start of the season, not waste our time on protests which might harm the club .

[/quote]

Spot on Wiz.

I hope we get the signings and changes we can believe will lead to a much more productive season on the pitch.

That is where the Board, players, manager, and success of the football as a whole will ultimately be judged...

Old shuck

You write with experience and wisdom and dare I say a realistic approach from the pessimisctic society. Whilst I take on board your thought process and respect your well constructed views we make several ill advised finacial decisions in our lives.

Why for example would anyone want to buy a new car? Why would anyone want to spend money on a Aston when a Nissan does the same job? Why buy new trousers when good second hand clothes are available......the list theoretically goes on and on.

Now, for me the answer is dependant on wealth and whilst ''big boys toys'' can get boring and you may want to do something else in a few years, but i dont see the worse case scenario being something that would take our club to oblivion.

Now I''m not advocating selling to the nearest with cash burning a big hole in the pocket, but the whole scenario should not be ruled out full stop. Our leaders say that we are a club that is striving for european football, a club that has every good chance of doing that. we have a catchment area that in football is second to none, we are a potential good investment and we shouldnt think of ourselves as anything other than that. We seem to be reverting to the little old norwich thing where we need to construct a county wall in order to protect ourselves from the nasty outsiders wanting to ruin our football club.

Does that equal a need for me to go out and join  demo tho? Absolutely not.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

[/quote]

Why does this make the current board selling up to these investors such an attractive proposition then?

[/quote]

Because i would much rather see people who are looking to make a profit do it by pumping money onto the field of play and at least have a good stab at getting us where the REAL money is, than a bunch of people looking to boost the value of their shares by pumping any available money into fixed assets whilst the squad withers appallingly. I believe Mandaric sold Portsmouth for a profit but they are now an established Prem club and still own players worth tens of millions that he payed for. Everyones a winner.

Agreed, now is NOT the time.

Lets let the dust settle on the awful last 24 months and begin again.

New season, new manager, new players, new board members.

We need some optimisim to begin this season.

Not boundless, if things are clearly still wrong then you''ll get more support, and its something that might need to happen.

Back burner for now though.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

Because i would much rather see people who are looking to make a profit do it by pumping money onto the field of play and at least have a good stab at getting us where the REAL money is, than a bunch of people looking to boost the value of their shares by pumping any available money into fixed assets whilst the squad withers appallingly. I believe Mandaric sold Portsmouth for a profit but they are now an established Prem club and still own players worth tens of millions that he payed for. Everyones a winner.

[/quote]

And this basic disagreement is why, although we both want the same things, we are never in agreement. I see the present mob as a bunch of people who were invited to invest in the club at a time when it really was in serious trouble. They invested and became part of the board which implemented the policies that are in place today. I believe they see the job they are doing as ongoing and in their view they are trying to be prudent by setting up non football revenue streams in order to be ambitious and invest that money in the team. I have said time and time again that I believe they are doing the right thing for the long term future of the club but don''t have the balance right and in my view didn''t invest enough in the squad over the last three seasons. You see the present mob to be looking after their own interests at the expense of the future of the club and it''s fans. I am afraid we are never going to agree.

Mandaric and Portsmouth is a very good example of how investment has worked and nobody can deny what he achieved there. Manderic is obviously a special guy and he obviously loved Portsmouth. Their fans had seen their club in the wilderness for far too long and so were patient with Manderic as he stuck to the task when his investment didn''t have the immediate effect that it''s credited with now. In fact he got lucky. In his first three seasons at Portsmouth they finished 18th, 20th and 17th in the second tier. But upon the collapse of ITV Digital in 2002 having a wealthy owner put them at a huge advantage and they won the league comfortably in his fourth season. Leicester fans may not be quite that patient, only time will tell.

At what point do Championship Clubs stop being an attractive investment though? Given that there are more invested in now than there is room for in the Premiership and given that the clubs that get relegated are now getting huge investment through parachute payments it''s looking more and more as though there are going to be a lot of disappointed investors at the end of next season.

[quote user="ray ducker"]Arthur for your first post , you sound a lovely sweet old boy , but why do you target one of our best fan''s that City [:@]have ever had?[/quote]

You''re having a laugh the woman is a complete buffoon who should pack up her cookery books and head off into the sunset. That is if she has not had to much out of the bottle. 

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

OK....

[/quote]

We will never gain promotion to the Premiership with the current board and Delia. 

The last 36 months were a disaster and the only ones getting any flak are worthington and dean ashton.

its about time people looked at the board. it wasnt just worthy running the club for the last 3 years.

So you want to campaign for changes to the board, in the week after the club anounced major changes to the board? Did you not read about the Turners, worth 275m, buying out Skipper? How did that bit of news pass you by?

Or maybe you think that 2m isn''t enough. Only an idiot would join the board, and state (just before the transfer window heats up and before they even have their feet under the board room table) exactly how many millions of money they are going to invest. Only an idiot would expect them to. This 2m is just the start.

The last 36 months have been a major disappointment, not a disaster. I would suggest that you talk to a fan of Cambridge Utd and ask them what a disaster really is. We still have our own ground, our own training facilities, and a manageable loan. Off the pitch things are good, its on the pitch we are struggling. We have a new manager who needs probab;ly 2 more transfer windows (this summer and next January) to effectively rebuild an underperforming squad. What good will a demo do right now apart from disuade players from coming?