Sign in to follow this  
Truthseeker

Archant reports

Not bitter about Mr Aiken''s "cosy links" with the NCISA by any chance, are you Truthseeker... [;)]Unfortunately he''s right in that major surgery is required over the summer, something we''ve all known since... well, since this time last year! The difference this time around is that we''ve got a manager who has already begun to hunt down his players, rather than waiting for two months because "everyone is on holiday"... there was only ever one manager on holiday during that time, and his name was Nigel Worthington...Mind, I feel obliged to question Mr Aiken''s memory... a shiny penny to whoever spots the "deliberate" mistake in the following sentences:"How many of this year''s team would have got into our 2003-04 championship-winning side? ... Perhaps Dion Dublin, Jason Shackell, Youssef Safri (if fit), Chris Martin and Simon Lappin would have played a part."

Truthseeker,

I''m sure you''ll be delighted to know that Fan''s Eye has now finished for the summer. That means there will be nothing for you to moan about for a few months.

I have had hundreds of e-mails this season in response to Fan''s Eye. Most have been positive, but some have inevitably been critical. However, only one correspondent has deemed it necessary to remain anonymous, and that is you.

What people on this board might not realise is that I contacted you directly earlier this season to see if I could address some of your concerns. You replied aggressively.

That''s fine. It''s your call. But it''s not very honest.

I appreciate that I''m in danger of opening a hornets'' nest here, but might it be an idea that you stop hiding behind a pseudonym and start behaving in an adult manner? I think your concerns are unfounded, but why not contact me directly and raise them with me?

I have nothing to hide - so why do you?

Adam.

Hmm.

The most defeats in a season since 1972-73.

ITV football statistics show that our team are the least capable of turning the first goal into points in the league.

70+ goals against.

I''m usually considered a positive poster, but even I can see that there''s scope for improvement in the season we''ve just endured.

Hmm.

The most defeats in a season since 1972-73.

ITV football statistics show that our team are the least capable of turning the first goal into points in the league.

70+ goals against.

I''m usually considered a positive poster, but even I can see that there''s scope for improvement in the season we''ve just endured.

[quote user="ryan85k"]

He didnt mention Earnie.

[/quote]I was thinking more along the lines of the fact that Shackell was part of our promotion winning side, but you have a point also! Shocking reporting, AIKEN OUT!! [;)] [:P]

Truthseeker - as it seems anything to do with Adam Aitken or NCISA seems to bring you out in a nasty little rash, why dont you do the bleedin'' obvious and not read the articles. Its a bit like moaning about whats on the tele when you are sitting there with the remote in your hand with an ''off'' button on it.

And any way - lighten up. The summers here now. Isnt there a cricket correspondent out there working for the EDP who you can start on? And I have it on good authority that the secretary of NCISA used to play ladies cricket. A conspiracy theory beckons and Ive done all the hardbackground work for you. Off you go.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="ryan85k"]

He didnt mention Earnie.

[/quote]

I was thinking more along the lines of the fact that Shackell was part of our promotion winning side, but you have a point also! Shocking reporting, AIKEN OUT!! [;)] [:P]
[/quote]

Fair cop. I quit. (Until August, anyway.)

PS: Truthseeker, I meant to thank you for promoting my column, and even including the weblink. How thoughtful of you!

I don''t know, I get back from a week in the sun yesterday afternoon and Truthseeker is still having a go at Archant.

I''ve just read the '' fans eye'' column and thought like Wizard that it was spot on but if you think its too negative Truthseeker why don''t you tell us why and back your posts up with a bit more substance.

Or if this is just a personal issue, which it sounds like, then you could just take up the journalists offer and sort it out face to face over a pint rather than waste valuable space on our forum.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="ryan85k"]

He didnt mention Earnie.

[/quote]

I was thinking more along the lines of the fact that Shackell was part of our promotion winning side, but you have a point also! Shocking reporting, AIKEN OUT!! [;)] [:P]
[/quote]

or even more bl**dy obvious a certain Mr Huckerby is missing!!!!!!!!!

[quote user="Truthseeker"]

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/commentary/FansEye.aspx

As negative as ever, don''t you think? I thought we might be spared these gloomy Archant columnists now the season is over. Or are they going to continue all summer?

[/quote]

What the hell is your problem now Truthseeker? That column was only five days after the Wednesday match and a weekly column. Adam Aiken was only saying what we are thinking (and have said). What would you rather he have done? Would you rather he lied through his teeth to us and said that all is rosy at Carrow Road and Colney??

He made some very good points in that particular column - especially saying that Peter Grant has saved us from relegation, something which I wholeheartedly agree with.

As for ''are they going to continue all summer?'' - what a ridiculous remark. I don''t somehow think there are any Championship games left for us to play now are there??

STILL TRYING TO SEEK THE TRUTH?? ADAM AIKEN HAS TOLD IT!!

So then seeker, whats your take on the whole thing? Maybe you would like to grace the board with your overall view of the season and maybe dare to translate Roger Munby''s wholly useless attempts to talk to the fans. Maybe you should have a few pints and chew the fat over with a few other fans - because I dont think you''d find one, delia included, that felt that last season was in anyway acceptable, and that will attract frustrations, real frustrations not doom, gloom and negativity.

The truth that you so eagerly seek doesnt ever seem to relate what goes on at FFCR, (former fortress) yet that is what matters more than anything else.

[quote user="the son of doc"]aaah i probably love truthseeker more than my own face.[/quote]

well thats not hard if its u in the Avatar!

jas :)

I was disappointed to see no Adam Aiken in the the paper this morning. Would of liked to see at least one more article. Spoilt my Saturday.

Having re-read this article, I have to say it''s a fair and accurate appraisal of a truly dismal, disappointing season.

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"][quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="ryan85k"]

He didnt mention Earnie.

[/quote]

[/quote]

or even more bl**dy obvious a certain Mr Huckerby is missing!!!!!!!!!

[/quote]

Sorry - last post was referring to this point!

How can a "Truthseeker" object to anything in the article? The only positives of the season were a) that Grant improved the squad mildly by booting out some of Worthington''s leftover flotsum and jetsum, b) some of the youth players emerged such as Martin and Spillane, and c) Hucks signed on for another season. Other than that it was god awful. Truthseeker though wants to look at the positives, all of which were touched upon by Adam anyway. To seek the truth of the situation, we need to look at ways to improve for next season, unless we''re all content with another 16th place finish. Point and game to Aiken.