Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

the 92

How many of u have done the 92?

I hope to do it one day but hope to do it with City...

i have thus far been to 23 grounds in total (24 if u include the millenium stadium) i used to be able to make 8 away games a season but since the birth of my daughter only go to home games now.

I have been to reading twice (elm park and the madejski) and never seen us lose.

Been to the Hawthornes 3 times and never seen us win! (same with 2 visits to pride park)

and see us win 3 times out of 4 at Poormans road.

the best grounds i have been to have to be Pride Park, Hillsboro and white Hart Lane.

Worst Grounds were Grimsby, burnley and Smellhurst without a shadow of a doubt!

Most disapointing was old Trafford. it looks like its built of duplo.

What about everyone else?

jas :)

I reckon that if someone could do the 92 in a season, create a bit of a buzz around doing it by setting up a website, and taking a bucket with them to each ground, that person could make a lot of money for charity.  It should be possible these days with friday night and sunday games.

Carrow Road 1

Old Trafford 1

Villa Park 1

Anfield 1

Upton Park 2

Craven  Cottage 2

The Valley 1

St Andrews 3?

Pride Park 3

The Hawthorns 3?

Molineux 4?

St Mary''s 1

The Brittania 1

Selhurst Park (worst of the lot!!!) 1

Coventry''s Old  Ground - Highfield road 1

Walkers Stadium and Filbert Street 1 and 1

County Ground (Forest) 1

Port Vale 2

Gresty Road Crewe 1

Huddlesfileld (Mccalpine) 1

Valley Parade  1

MillMoor 2

Wallsall 1

Mk Dons 1

Oxford''s old ground 1

25 Done, some way to go!

20ish (not all with city though)

best - Villa Park Jan 2005

worst - Vicarge Road (watford?) 1995 before its renovation - god awful ground (and area).

[quote user="Blainsey"]

20ish (not all with city though)

best - Villa Park Jan 2005

worst - Vicarge Road (watford?) 1995 before its renovation - god awful ground (and area).

[/quote]

i went to villa Park in the prem season.. their away end is a death trap! theres no way u could clear that in an emergency! everyone enters through one gate and u have to walk to the other side to find ur seat. anyone who has been there will know what i mean.

I quite like the abbey stadium, its neat for a little Ground, much better than some grounds on offer in the lower echecolns of football... Ashton gate is a tidy little stadium aswell, the Brizzol fans make some noise too!

To date with Norwich:

Arsenal (Highbury), Aston Villa, Bolton (Reebok), Bradford (Odsal), Blackburn, Brighton (Goldstone), Chelsea, Coventry (Highfield Rd & Ricoh), Palace, Charlton (when at Selhurst!), Derby (Baseball Ground), Everton, Fulham, Grimsby, Portaloo Rd, Liverpool, Leicester (Filbert St), Luton, Man City (Maine Rd), Man Utd, Middlesbro (Ayresome Park), Millwall (The Original Den), Notts Forest, Reading (Madejski), Sheff Utd, Sheff Weds, Swindon, Stoke (Victoria Ground), Southampton (St Marys), Shrewsbury, Tottenham, West Brom, West Ham, Wolves, Wigan (Springfield), Watford, Cambridge, Oxford (Old ground, can''t remember name), Wimbledon (Plough Lane), Wembley (Old), Millennium Stadium, San Siro

Plus with Scotland (don''t ask);

Cardiff (night Jock Stein died) and Hampden Park

Plus been to Stade de France for world athletic championships.

Best? probably Anfield cos seen three wins there

Worst? Wigan, stood on a grass bank and we lost

Arsenal (Highbury), Man Utd,  Liverpool, Chelsea, Charlton, Fulham, Reading, Portsmouth, Blackburn, Newcastle, Sheffield Utd, Watford, Sheffield Wednesday, West Brom, Stoke (Victoria Ground), Colchester, Plymouth, Palace, Cardiff, Ip****h, Coventry (Highfield Road), QPR, Leicester, Luton, Leeds,  Brentford, Orient, Millwall, Tranmere, Blackpool, Forest, Yeovil, Boston, Grimsby, Notts County, Wycombe, MK Dons, Swindon, and of course, Carra Rud.

39 League clubs as of this season, but Boston are off, although I have also been to Dagenham''s Victoria Ground. 3 re-visits needed, but looking forward to getting Scunthorpe and Bristol City off the to do list next season. Hopefully Blackpool WON''T get promoted, as that is not a place I would like to re-visit.

Favourite ground is either St. James'', Newcastle, or Ninian Park. Shame they are going to tear it down next year! Least fav must be either Brisbane Road or Bloomfield Road (as it isn''t finished). Worst view was at Chelsea, when we were in the side stand. Best view I think I have ever had was at the New Den. Oh, and least likely to bother re-visiting - Selhurst Park. (those prices!!!).

Had a quick count up and I think I have done 64 clubs but more than that in grounds because of the teams I have seen at more than one ground like Derby at The Baseball and Pride Park. Some are now non-league though like York City, Oxford, Tamworth and now Torquay.

My least favourite ground is Selhurst and over the years I have seen Norwich play Palace, Charlton and Wimbledon there. Like at Villa Park I have seen us play Villa, Everton and leeds.

Seen City at 50 clubs'' grounds, including non-league York and different grounds at Bolton,Man City,Wigan, Reading,Sunderland, Coventry, Derby, Stoke, Hull, Huddersfield and Bradford, as well as Wembley and the Millenium. I''ve also been to 8 other English league grounds and the Nou Camp. Best ground of the lot? Probably Old Trafford. Best experience/ atmosphere? Wins at Anfield, Old Trafford, Portaloo Road, the Millenium [despite the result], St. James when we came back from 2-0 down and we thought we''d be OK in the Premiership and especially for me a 4-0 thumping of Leeds [ where I live]. Worst ground? Grimsby. Worst experience? The defeat at Leeds that sent us out of the Premiership.

I''d love to do all 92 but too many are in the South and I''d only achieve it if I set out to do so. Something for my retirement perhaps! OTBC     

nothing like bringing out the anoraks.!!!

so sad but.........

i''ve seen 38 teams away and quite a few at new and old grounds.

to ensure i get in the priority 2 group i try to make 10 aways a season but i''m left with all the distant ones in the championship now (burnley,preston,cardiff,plymouth,wolves,barnsley, scunthorpe , bristol c and whoever wins the lge 1 one play-off).

worst grounds for away supporters :- luton, ipswich and c palace.

my views of away grounds is largely affected by our results there so the ones i visited in the promotion season are my faves but the new grounds - whilst lacking character - are the best.

Over 30 list below

LIVERPOOL 2

SPURS 2

EVERTON 1

BOLTON (OLD GROUND)

ASTON VILLA

WEST HAM 1

FULHAM 2

WIGAN 1

SHEFF UTD 1

WATFORD 1

SUNDERLAND (ROKER PARK) AND STADIUM OF LIGHT

BIRMINGHAM 1

DERBY (BASE BALL GROUND)

WEST

BROM 1

WOVLES 1

STOKE  (OLD GROUND)

SHEFF WED 2

IPSWICH (LOADS)

COVENTRY (HIGHFIELD RD)

LEICESTER (FILBERT STREET)

LUTON 1

PETERBROUGH

GRIMSBY 1

MANSFIELD 1

SWANSEA 1

CARLISLE 1

PORT VALE 1

NORTHAMPTON 1

BRIGHTON (OLD GROUND)

CAMBRIDGE 1

ALDERSHOT 1

OXFORD 1

COLCHESTER

[quote user="FilletTheFishWife ."]

nothing like bringing out the anoraks.!!!

so sad but.........

[/quote]

It''s not sad FTFW !

Well... maybe a little!

But then... posting on this message board is probably sadder...

So that would make us real saddo''s! [;)]

i have done alot, not all of them but every prem ground when we where there, so old trafford and southhamptons stadiums where the best imoand probley luto and fulham the worst

I''ve been to 40-50 grounds but at least 10 of them don''t exist any more, does that mean there is no official 92 club then? how does it work?

old grounds include, Stoke, Middlesbrough, Huddersfield, Derby, leicester, Sunderland, Bradford, Wembley, Coventry, Wigan, Hull and probably more I''ve forgoten (showing my age a bit!).

Seen City at 68 away locations in this country and 3 abroad, although more grounds than that due to the new stadiums that have cropped up around the country.

Best - predictable really, but Olde Trafford gets my vote.

Worst - Grimsby in December takes some beating!!

As an aside, did the new Wembley last weekend for the Trophy final - its awesome!

44, which was a surprise to me as I thought I''d only done half that number! Although I never make a repeat journey to a ground unless it''s the binners or it''s last game of the season.

With corporate football taking over I can see the 92 club shrinking in size somewhat.

Best - St James'' Park or White Hart Lane.

Worst - Luton or Colchester.

40 on the dot, which like Pete is more than I thought.

I always enjoy going to Barnlsey. I always hate going to Palace.

I think it is 65 for me.  I don''t know how you treat old grounds and ex-league.  Take those out and I''m on 58 so I prefer to leave them in!!

Best - Old Trafford (midweek win so very special)

Worst - Selhurst definitely and yet when I worked it out I had seen City play there 12 times against 3 different clubs which must count as masochism of some sort.  Also hate Luton, Watford and the old Wembley.

Favourite away trip - Sheffield United for 5-2 victory (absolutely brilliant performance)

Premier

All done

Arsenal , Man City , Middlesbro , Wigan , Bolton - old grounds

Charlton at Selhurst twice

Championship

Not Hull , Cardiff or Preston

Rest done - Sunderland , Derby , Saints , Stoke , Cov , Leicester - all old grounds

League 1

Done - Blackpool , Forest , Oldham , Carlisle , Tranmere , Port Vale , Northampton( old )  , Huddersfield ( old ) Gills , Bournemouth , Orient , Chesterfield , Bradford ( odsal - Promotion 86 ) , brentford

League 2

done Walsall ( old ) Hartlepool , Swindon , Lincoln , Bristol Rovers ( Bath ) Shrewsbury , Stockport , Posh , Darlo ( old ) Wyciombe , Notts County , Grimsby , Hereford , Wrexham , Boston , Torquay

Conference

Oxford ( old ) Exeter , Aldershot , Cambridge  United  

Scotland

Rangers , Celtic , CLyde ( old ) Queens Park , Kilmarnock , Morton , Meadowbank

Others

Kings Lynn , Wroxham , Yarmouth , Gorleston , Lowestoft , Watton United

Abroad

Sparta Rotterdam , Ajax ( old ) Fortuna Dusseldorf , Bochum

what a youth i had !!!!  

[quote user="gary "]

Premier

All done

Arsenal , Man City , Middlesbro , Wigan , Bolton - old grounds

Charlton at Selhurst twice

Championship

Not Hull , Cardiff or Preston

Rest done - Sunderland , Derby , Saints , Stoke , Cov , Leicester - all old grounds

League 1

Done - Blackpool , Forest , Oldham , Carlisle , Tranmere , Port Vale , Northampton( old )  , Huddersfield ( old ) Gills , Bournemouth , Orient , Chesterfield , Bradford ( odsal - Promotion 86 ) , brentford

League 2

done Walsall ( old ) Hartlepool , Swindon , Lincoln , Bristol Rovers ( Bath ) Shrewsbury , Stockport , Posh , Darlo ( old ) Wyciombe , Notts County , Grimsby , Hereford , Wrexham , Boston , Torquay

Conference

Oxford ( old ) Exeter , Aldershot , Cambridge  United  

Scotland

Rangers , Celtic , CLyde ( old ) Queens Park , Kilmarnock , Morton , Meadowbank

Others

Kings Lynn , Wroxham , Yarmouth , Gorleston , Lowestoft , Watton United

Abroad

Sparta Rotterdam , Ajax ( old ) Fortuna Dusseldorf , Bochum

what a youth i had !!!!  

[/quote]

you have travelled about a bit Gary! my dad was in the RAf and saw football everywhere from England to Cyprus.

He saw Bayern Munich, Ajax, Liverpool in the 70''s and even Omonia Nicosia!

[quote user="Hissing Sid"]

Worst - Grimsby in December takes some beating!!

[/quote]

How could I forget Selhurst Park!!!!

My favourite ground is probably the Rhein Stadion in Dusseldorf , Favourite occasion first FAC semi at Villa Park , 

Least favourite , Wigan ( FAC 1987 )

Must make sure I indoctrinate my kids as soon as possible

For all of you, like me who are saddo''s. Every team in the league next season in order based on their travelling time from Carrow Road. And before you kick me too hard it was the basis for a fanzine article! The purple ones are those that I''ve done. I''m planning on doing Plymouth, Burnley, Scunthorpe and Bristol City next year.

Norwich City
Ipswich Town
Colchester United
Peterborough United
Leyton Orient
Tottenham Hotspur
Barnet
West Ham United
Dagenham and Redbridge
Millwall
Southend United
Arsenal
Charlton Athletic
Watford
Luton Town
Milton Keynes Dons
Northampton Town
Queens Park Rangers
Gillingham
Chelsea
Brentford
Fulham
Crystal Palace
Lincoln City
Leicester City
Coventry City
Wycombe Wanderers
Birmingham City
Aston Villa
Reading
Nottingham Forest
Notts County
West Bromwich Albion
Walsall
Mansfield Town
Derby County
Grimsby Town
Wolverhampton Wanderers
Brighton and Hove Albion
Scunthorpe United
Doncaster Rovers
Chesterfield
Rotherham United
Sheffield Wednesday
Sheffield United
Swindon Town
Stoke City
Port Vale
Southampton
Hull City
Shrewsbury Town
Barnsley
Cheltenham Town
Portsmouth
Crewe Alexandra
Leeds United
Bradford City
Huddersfield Town
Bournemouth
Hereford United
Bristol City
Bristol Rovers
Macclesfield Town
Rochdale
Oldham Athletic
Stockport County
Wrexham
Wigan Athletic
Chester City
Manchester United
Manchester City
Bolton Wanderers
Bury
Liverpool
Everton
Tranmere Rovers
Yeovil Town
Preston North End
Middlesborough
Darlington
Accrington Stanley
Blackburn Rovers
Cardiff City
Burnley
Hartlepool United
Blackpool
Morecambe
Sunderland
Newcastle United
Swansea City
Exeter City
Carlisle United
Plymouth Argyle

I have done 73 at the last count. Palace the worst for a number of reasons, outrageously expensive, rubbish seats, cant find, even after about 5 visits need I say more? 

Jas - I am almost certain I know who you are, drop me an email buddy.

As for away trips - I have to say I can''t claim to have bin to that many but am very surprised to hear people think Barnet is a good erm, ground?

I have been to, Plymouth (old stadium) just a visit, the old Wembley for a concert (won''t say which as it may be providing a sword to stab me with!), Barnet, QPR, Fulham, Chelsea, Liverpool, Everton (both of these visited as I was in Liverpool so made the most of it), Reading (felt like a bouncy castle in the promotion season!), thats all I can think of off the top of my head.

Never ventured to Portaloo road because the signs make my eyes bleed, I have to close them whilst the train stops there else I go into this rage and have the urge to vomit.

I have done most too, I was also wondering how this is seriously counted now, I have done most old grounds and the new versions to do will include Portsmouth, Luton, Shrewsbury.  New grounds yet to visit include Darlington and the new Arsenal stadium. 

The old ones yet to visit are all in the  north and are mostly lower league, ie clubs we have never played!  Maybe I should take myself on holiday in August and visit a few!  The likes of Rochdale, Macclesfield and Mansfield and most in the conference, do they count?

Best away grounds:  Highbury and Sunderland (new version),

Worst:  This is becoming a theme, definitely Selhurst Park.

[quote user="chicken"]

Jas - I am almost certain I know who you are, drop me an email buddy.

[/quote]

check ur inbox Fella!

do overseas count?

ive seen games in germany and holland at various grounds there, as well as visiting many in this country also.