Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

Tomorrows lap of honour???

After last years ....... well what ever it was, who will be stopping to accept the applause from the players for the support throughout the year?

Last year I think got mixed up with an alledged "lap of honour" - and the bitterness that followed was childish to say the least.I for one will stay back and both accept the players thanks and in return show my  thanks to them.

I read somewhere that its going to be a lap of recognition, which will recognise the wonderful support they''ve had this year from us fans.

Yes I''ll be staying [:)]

i''ll stay behind.. last year i wouldnt of.. but i didnt go to the match as it was the day my Daughter  was born!

jas :)

I will certainly be there, not because they have done well, but because it shows we are still part of it all and will be there supporting them next year.

At the end of the season the club pulls together absolutely ... forgive the errors and regrets, remember the excitement and laughs and send our boys off to a summer''s rest hoping that Grant is the man and that his summer activity and pre-season preparations will prove it in 2007/8.

Can''t believe there is no football to follow this summer ... roll on August!

I''ll wait till the end, so I can wave ''cheerio bye bye forever'' - to Earnie, Saffs, E''tooYahoo, the Groundsman (he''ll be headhunted by a Prem club now the pitch is quality), and loads more who will be off - after Wednesday next Saturday......including those two discreet security guys who on match days - get to watch freebie games from the windows of the 1* Hotel (that viewed from pitch side, really does look like an impressive gargantuan Victorian Gent''s Urinal).........  

It''s a shame the board don''t do a lap of whatever............I could express my utmost esteem - as they purposely drive around the pitch in a soundproof armour plated proton jumbuck - with ''True Voice'' and official rhino skinned ''Lord Protector of the (Prudence with Perdition) Stowmarket 2'', that regular hard nose, General ''Donkster''! Who''ll be manning the multi-barreled 30mm bulls*it bazooka - that is mounted on the proton pick-up with a full magazine of ammo, ready to repel the great unwashed and unbelievin'' minority.......allegedly.[:|]

Barry Skipper, will be desperately trying to keep up - by clinging to the rear bumper (and his syrup), wearin'' trendy in-line roller-blades, and ''cough wheeze splutter'' Mickey Woodbine and Roger Roll-Ups, will be puffin'' frantically to create a smokescreen - to make good their escape - out of the re-named stadium, ''Carrion Road''.

Yep, see you all again next season.......For another display of hopeful hindsight and plausible pretentiousness and the start of another 5 year plan! "Onwards and across a bit!" ;~) [Y] 

[quote user="cityangel"]

I read somewhere that its going to be a lap of recognition, which will recognise the wonderful support they''ve had this year from us fans.

Yes I''ll be staying [:)]

[/quote]

That''s what it is every season City Angel. It never is a lap of honour for the players.

I''ll be staying too [:)]                     Like I did last year [8-)]

Lap of honour? Your having a laugh! If they want to recognise the great support they should give something back to the fans like pay for fans to travel to sheff wed next week.

[quote user="spud"]like pay for fans to travel to sheff wed next week.[/quote]

Maybe they didn''t think of that [8-)]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

I''ll wait till the end, so I can wave ''cheerio bye bye forever'' - to Earnie, Saffs, E''tooYahoo, the Groundsman (he''ll be headhunted by a Prem club now the pitch is quality), and loads more who will be off - after Wednesday next Saturday......including those two discreet security guys who on match days - get to watch freebie games from the windows of the 1* Hotel (that viewed from pitch side, really does look like an impressive gargantuan Victorian Gent''s Urinal).........  

It''s a shame the board don''t do a lap of whatever............I could express my utmost esteem - as they purposely drive around the pitch in a soundproof armour plated proton jumbuck - with ''True Voice'' and official rhino skinned ''Lord Protector of the (Prudence with Perdition) Stowmarket 2'', that regular hard nose, General ''Donkster''! Who''ll be manning the multi-barreled 30mm bulls*it bazooka - that is mounted on the proton pick-up with a full magazine of ammo, ready to repel the great unwashed and unbelievin'' minority.......allegedly.[:|]

Barry Skipper, will be desperately trying to keep up - by clinging to the rear bumper (and his syrup), wearin'' trendy in-line roller-blades, and ''cough wheeze splutter'' Mickey Woodbine and Roger Roll-Ups, will be puffin'' frantically to create a smokescreen - to make good their escape - out of the re-named stadium, ''Carrion Road''.

Yep, see you all again next season.......For another display of hopeful hindsight and plausible pretentiousness and the start of another 5 year plan! "Onwards and across a bit!" ;~) [Y] 

[/quote]

hehehe great post MELLO my friend.... Keep up the goodwork fella!!!  [Y]

[quote user="spud"]Lap of honour? Your having a laugh! If they want to recognise the great support they should give something back to the fans like pay for fans to travel to sheff wed next week.[/quote]

Spud the coach to Sheffield next week is being subsidised if that''s any help to you.