Sign in to follow this  
Paradox

Am I losing it??

Before I start, a quick addition to the Dreams thread.....

My girlfriend woke up the other morning in a real panic, looking like she had just woken from a nightmare. When i asked her what was wrong she explained that she had been dreaming that Norwich were playing Ipswich, and she had been introduced as a sub. As she started playing, she looked down to see that she was wearing an Ipswich rag - she was horrified!! Then, although she is crap at football, she lay off a brilliant ball to the blue forward who smacked it into the back of the net. Apparently, she looked up to see my face aghast, realizing what she had just done. Knowing we would be imminently splitting up, it was at this point she woke.

Anyway, this thread - this season I have started becoming stupidly superstitious and it is starting to take over my life. Earler this season I was in the gym, on the rowing machine and I told myself that if I kept my strokes per minute above 32 Norwich would win on Saturday. 10 mins later & almost dead, with sweat pouring down my body, I had achieved my aim! And sure enough Norwich won. Next week, if I did the all the cleaning & washing up by kick off, they would win - they did. Then it was the old cracks in the pavement thing, and everytime I accomplished my aim, they won!! However, I am now doing things every day that will give us good fortune - things like going through a certain turnstile at the tube, managing to get onto a certain bus even if it means running down the street after it, etc, etc!! Even to the point of eating an entire chilli raw! My life is turning into a complete joke!

Has anyone else had the same experiences or is it just me? I don''t mind as long we go up though! Do I need help?!!!!!!!!!!

Right! I''m definitely not going to have any credibility left after this one, but I believe in openness, baring the soul, etc., etc.
I have a lucky pair of green knickers that I have to have washed ready to wear for any match, home or away. If I forget to put them on, we seem to do badly. I also have a City fridge magnet on my Hotpoint fridge. If it is touching the word ''Hotpoint'' we seem to do ok, and I have to make sure it is in the right place before I leave the house to go to a game. These are just two of the things I shall mention at this stage as I shall wait with baited breath to see if anyone else confesses to anything, as on the ''Dreams'' thread! Wiz, I''m sure, does something with celery to ensure our good fortune, so that one should be worth waiting for!!!

Paradox,
Yes, your girlfriend said the same thing last time she woke up round mine ;o)

OK...

I have never ever shaved before kick off on match days. Has it ever helped? No. Would i dare change this tradition? Again, no.

Also, before the Cardiff game, I went to remove a necklace I''ve been wearing all season. Then I figured, wearing this necklace has got us to the verge of promotion, I can''t possibly take it off now.

Sure enough, the very thought of removing it resulted in defeat.

By the time we get to Gillingham, and that thought has been banished, we are back to a 3.0 win.

There''s a message in that...

Dumble Delia, thank you!! All credit to my girlfriend - her dad is a blue, but she saw the light many years ago!! & she wears her lucky canary knickers on matchdays!

Anyone else got any stupid superstitions? I am very interested to hear what Susie B''s ''other'' superstitions are....

PS: had a dream last night that Mulryne scored a last minute winner against Portsmouth that took us 13 points clear... can''t quite see that one happening!

Thank you, thank you, thank you, paradox! I''m not the only one who has lucky knickers then.
I so needed that confirmation ''cos I''m getting plenty of stick for my confession of yesterday!
(I will now add that I have a lucky NCFC beanie bear in my car and he has to sit on my lap all the way to work and back again on the day before weekend matches and on the actual day of midweek games). It will take more closet superstitious types to come out on here before I add any more, though!

Susie B, I like it!!

I''m so glad I''m not the only one that takes these superstitions a little too far. Another one me & my mate Charlie have when entering Carrow road is to remark...

"Cor, it would be a nightmare getting through these these turnstiles if you were fat"

"Yeah, I guess thats what those entrances are for" (point at the ambulance entrance)

Ok, it''s not funny, but we say it every time!!

Come on Susie B, spill some more beans!!!

Only if you do first, paradox! I have to go to work now, sadly, and try to be sensible for a few hours...but I shall look forward to having a good read when I get back this evening. Don''t let me down, now!

I too have a superstition, (me & 2 mates all sit in the lower Barclay), when we enter the shrine on match days we have to go through this ceremony;

I enter through turnstile 14, then directly after me, my mate enters through turnstile 13. Then finally after him my other mate enters through turnstile 12!! The last time this tradition was broken we lost to Bradford!!!!!! The power of superstition really does work!!!!!!!!!

My son always wears his ''lucky'' NCFC football socks when city play, whether we are at the game or listening to RW on the radio. Last week when we played cardiff he was late getting home from the city and did not put his socks on til half time.
The rest is history.
I have now stapled them to his feet!
OTBC

I also have a NCFC calender in the toilet. I have told myself that if I don''t ever take a peek at which player is featured in the next month, NCFC will keep winning!

Therefore I have McVeigh & Jarvis for March & am dying to know who is underneath. My girlfriend (who always feels her pressies) told me last night that she almost took a peek too, but knowing that it may be a bad omen, decided not to!

Anyway, I''m off for the night, I look forward to reading what other crazy things you do Susie B tomorrow morning!

Not long now until the white-coat brigade pull up in my drive! Ok, paradox. One more for the road. I have the Hucks wallpaper on my home computer and, ever since he joined us permanently - (how good does that still sound?) - I have made a point of saying ''thank you for joining us and good luck'' as I switch off. Seems to have done the trick most of the time ''cos even when he has a quiet game he still seems to be very influential. Do I feel stupid about this? You bet. But I am sure not going to stop until you-know-what is in the bag!

My 11-year-old daughter was given a ''balloon hat'' by Razz the Clown just before kick off on Tuesday. 45 minutes (and much tearing out of hair) later, the hat got stamped on, as it was obviously creating bad luck. Result? 3 goals and another step closer to the promised land. Superstitious? Me? Thankfully not, touch wood.

HELP! I''ve just realised that I have had the same earrings in since August! NO... not in all the time, ''cos I take them out for performing my ablutions and for sleeping, but, nevertheless, I have stuck to the same pair for all that time. Is this the key to the whole season? Hmmmm.