Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Togetherness

“We have to do a hard sell on them in that respect and that the ambition of this club is to be back in the Premier League.

“It''s the only ambition I have, I know it''s the ambition that the board of directors have, and I know that''s what the supporters want. That is where we want to be and hopefully we can attract the best players here, but that is tough because everybody wants that type of players.

“But this is a fantastic club to sell - we have a lot of massive things that are very positive here that we can use to our advantage and hopefully we can."

During our successful seasons under Worthy much was made about the togetherness between the board, management, team and fans. And rightly so because the atmosphere in and around the club was amazing at that time and was the envy of other clubs up and down the country.

When it all went wrong we naturally lost that togetherness. The fans turned against the manager and any players that he signed. They found fault with everthing he tried to do as the disappointment of our relegation and our inability to challenge for promotion became harder and harder to take. The board took action far too late for a big percentage of fans and when things didn''t improve instantly under the new manager many turned on the board and some of the players the sacked manager had left behind.

But the framework of that togetherness has never been lost. Fans have stood by the club with a loyalty  that other clubs can only dream of. Peter Grants words today tell us that he and the board share the ambitions of the fans. Some of the players the fans turned on in the dark days of protest have shown the character to come good and ambition to match.

I hope the last two games of the season the whole club has that togetherness back, to put down a marker for the season to come and show any potential signings what a great move it would be to come here to our great club.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

“We have to do a hard sell on them in that respect and that the ambition of this club is to be back in the Premier League.

“It''s the only ambition I have, I know it''s the ambition that the board of directors have, and I know that''s what the supporters want. That is where we want to be and hopefully we can attract the best players here, but that is tough because everybody wants that type of players.

“But this is a fantastic club to sell - we have a lot of massive things that are very positive here that we can use to our advantage and hopefully we can."

During our successful seasons under Worthy much was made about the togetherness between the board, management, team and fans. And rightly so because the atmosphere in and around the club was amazing at that time and was the envy of other clubs up and down the country.

When it all went wrong we naturally lost that togetherness. The fans turned against the manager and any players that he signed. They found fault with everthing he tried to do as the disappointment of our relegation and our inability to challenge for promotion became harder and harder to take. The board took action far too late for a big percentage of fans and when things didn''t improve instantly under the new manager many turned on the board and some of the players the sacked manager had left behind.

But the framework of that togetherness has never been lost. Fans have stood by the club with a loyalty  that other clubs can only dream of. Peter Grants words today tell us that he and the board share the ambitions of the fans. Some of the players the fans turned on in the dark days of protest have shown the character to come good and ambition to match.

I hope the last two games of the season the whole club has that togetherness back, to put down a marker for the season to come and show any potential signings what a great move it would be to come here to our great club.

[/quote]

WOW! A truly impassioned speech........Pass it on to Mr Munby, it''ll save him repeatin'' the one from last season.......and the one before that........[|-)].........and the one before that.

No mention of responsibilty or accountability.......and ''It''s all the fans fault for the deterioration, so it''s really down to the fans ''who are truly responsible and accountable'' for our current situation - to get their act together and stop the rot!.......

[quote]No mention of responsibilty or accountability.......and ''It''s all the

fans fault for the deterioration, so it''s really down to the fans ''who

are truly responsible and accountable'' for our current situation - to

get their act together and stop the rot!.......[/quote]It''s all down to whether recrimination or forgiveness are your bag really.  If you believe that the board have deliberately subjected the faithful to 2 mediocre seasons, then you''re likely to be less forgiving.  I think most followers understand that you have to do more than turn up to win promotion though, and that the people at the club are actually trying, so are more willing to forgive the mediocrity of this season.

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]Ahhh bless!![/quote]

hehehe any player with a modicum of ambition will not look twice at us.. unless Delia stumps up some cold hard cash Granty.... simple as!!!

Yet more rejects and players who are looking to pick up an easy wage from the Royale Carrow Road Mint are all we will end up with yet again.... yawn, yawn  [|-)]

As you know I have little time for Richard Balls, but this week he lays it on the line (sort of), saying that the fans have renewed in large numbers and now the board owes us.  Will it have any effect?  I honestly doubt it.  Weren''t we warned, before this season had even started, that NEXT season there''d be no money?  Show me the slightest scrap of evidence that anything is going to change for the better (NB. fighting talk from Peter Grant is not evidence).   

Joey Barton''s well publicised criticism of Man City focused on the club''s lack of a three-year or five-year plan.  Man City could perhaps argue that because of their ongoing takeover saga, forward planning has gone out of the window for the time being.  We don''t have that excuse.  Every business - EVERY business - needs a plan, a target.  It''s absolutely fundamental.  We don''t appear to have one.  When Worthy was sacked, an interviewer asked him what target he had been set for this season.  He said he hadn''t been given one, so he had set his own (he wasn''t asked what it was, and didn''t say).

Next week, Mr Balls, could I suggest that you follow up this week''s theme by calling on the board to state what their three-year plan is, as for instance Derby have done.  Playoffs?  Promotion?  Avoiding relegation (again)?  We need to know, and we have a right to know.  

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote]No mention of responsibilty or accountability.......and ''It''s all the fans fault for the deterioration, so it''s really down to the fans ''who are truly responsible and accountable'' for our current situation - to get their act together and stop the rot!.......[/quote]

It''s all down to whether recrimination or forgiveness are your bag really.  If you believe that the board have deliberately subjected the faithful to 2 mediocre seasons, then you''re likely to be less forgiving.  I think most followers understand that you have to do more than turn up to win promotion though, and that the people at the club are actually trying, so are more willing to forgive the mediocrity of this season.

[/quote]

Recrimination or forgiveness.......beautifully put.........in my Carrion Bag. I don''t think the board have ''deliberately subjected the faithful to the 2 mediocre seasons''.....but, they have certainly been a major contribution to our decline since promotion. We don''t have a right to be in the upper echelons of this league at all, I''m not saying that. What I am saying; is that we forgave them for the mediocrity of the last 2 seasons - does that mean if we have another ''mediocre'' season, we forgive them for that as well? How many chances do we give this board, who have a constant tendency to apportion blame to ''hindsight'' and other causes/reasons for underachievement. I''m not sorry if I don''t accept the ''norm'' of the fee paying ''ho-hum'' loyal majority - who will just shrug shoulders - and take their seats without so much as a whimper. That''s why the ''business'' of NCFC are content to ''amble'' and ''meander'' the way through the seasons, because no-one questions their actions or decisions, and if they do.......You''re not a true fan!  

If people are happy with the way the club is being run, that''s their bag. I am personally concerned, disgruntled and unhappy - that the ''weak in, week out'' NCFC Directing folk, are not ''in my opinion'' the board for the footballin'' future or trying hard enough - and really haven''t got the ''gumption'' to attain progress in the ''footballing side'' of Norwich City. Which is probably recrimination then.......so please, forgive me.

[quote user="mystic megson"]

As you know I have little time for Richard Balls, but this week he lays it on the line (sort of), saying that the fans have renewed in large numbers and now the board owes us.  Will it have any effect?  I honestly doubt it.  Weren''t we warned, before this season had even started, that NEXT season there''d be no money?  Show me the slightest scrap of evidence that anything is going to change for the better (NB. fighting talk from Peter Grant is not evidence).   

Joey Barton''s well publicised criticism of Man City focused on the club''s lack of a three-year or five-year plan.  Man City could perhaps argue that because of their ongoing takeover saga, forward planning has gone out of the window for the time being.  We don''t have that excuse.  Every business - EVERY business - needs a plan, a target.  It''s absolutely fundamental.  We don''t appear to have one.  When Worthy was sacked, an interviewer asked him what target he had been set for this season.  He said he hadn''t been given one, so he had set his own (he wasn''t asked what it was, and didn''t say).

Next week, Mr Balls, could I suggest that you follow up this week''s theme by calling on the board to state what their three-year plan is, as for instance Derby have done.  Playoffs?  Promotion?  Avoiding relegation (again)?  We need to know, and we have a right to know.  

[/quote]

I''d agree with this.

We moved forward well at a time when the club had a much vaunted 5 year plan, and it seemed to be working.

However things went wrong, (lets not go into why on this thread!) plan out the window.

Now we have a new manager in place, the plan for the next 3-5 years should have been drawn up, and I agree it''s be interesting to know if its there, and some details.

Mello - Responsibility or accountability for what? The whole point of my post was that I would like to see the togetherness back that we had for a few seasons under Worthington. We won''t get that while we look for people to blame all the time that the club are not where we want them to be. One of the reasons I posted this was that Peter Grant publicly stated that the ambitions of himself, the board and the fans were the same. I had not seen that quoted before and to me it seemed a good basis to get the togetherness back That''s why I quoted from him at the top of the post. I honestly don''t see why the fans and the board have to be poles apart if what Peter Grant say''s is true.

blahblahblah - for recrimination or forgiveness to apply then there must be fault and blame in the first place. One of the reasons I feel the way I do is because I am honestly not sure what the recrimination or forgiveness would be for.

Mystic Megson - I read Richard Balls article last night and then read what Grant had to say this morning. As I said to Mello, Peter Grant publicly stating that the ambiton of the board match his own surely is not the statement of a manager who doesn''t feel his board is backing him. In fact, with what I have seen so far from Peter Grant I would expect plenty of adverse comments if he wasn''t happy with the backing from the board. Richard Balls is never happy though, I think he likes moaning just a little bit...

I didn''t write this as an apologist of the board and I certainly wasn''t blaming the fans for anything. Maybe I see things differently to some of you on here because I honestly see the board, manager, team and fans being on the same side.

I didn''t write this as an apologist of the board and I certainly wasn''t blaming the fans for anything. Maybe I see things differently to some of you on here because I honestly see the board, manager, team and fans being on the same side.

[/quote]

Nutty as I see it the issue is not "togetherness" but a growing sense that the board has different priorities from the manager/players/fans.  For the board, balancing the books appears to have become an end in itself instead of a means to an end.  It''s scandalous that we are where we are after two seasons of parachute payments (£14.2 million) and very healthy profits for a club in our situation (nearly £10 million) - TWENTY-FOUR MILLION POUNDS that most other clubs in this division can only dream of - and where are we now?  More to the point, where are we going? 

I am only suggesting that if the board would clarify their future plans it might help to restore that sense that we''re all pulling in the same direction.  Can you give me a good reason why they should not be asked to do this?

Mello - Responsibility or accountability for what? The whole point of my post was that I would like to see the togetherness back that we had for a few seasons under Worthington. We won''t get that while we look for people to blame all the time that the club are not where we want them to be. One of the reasons I posted this was that Peter Grant publicly stated that the ambitions of himself, the board and the fans were the same. I had not seen that quoted before and to me it seemed a good basis to get the togetherness back That''s why I quoted from him at the top of the post. I honestly don''t see why the fans and the board have to be poles apart if what Peter Grant say''s is true.

blahblahblah - for recrimination or forgiveness to apply then there must be fault and blame in the first place. One of the reasons I feel the way I do is because I am honestly not sure what the recrimination or forgiveness would be for.

Mystic Megson - I read Richard Balls article last night and then read what Grant had to say this morning. As I said to Mello, Peter Grant publicly stating that the ambiton of the board match his own surely is not the statement of a manager who doesn''t feel his board is backing him. In fact, with what I have seen so far from Peter Grant I would expect plenty of adverse comments if he wasn''t happy with the backing from the board. Richard Balls is never happy though, I think he likes moaning just a little bit...

[/quote]

Peter Grant has said that the board have an ambition to return to the Premier league. Well everything must be fine then and we should all stop moaning......Have you actually seen any evidence of this supposed ambition in recent seasons? Is selling Jonsson,Francis,Ashton,Green and Mckenzie for a huge sum and replacing them with cheaper and largely infererior players-at a time when the club have been recieving parachute money,record seasons tickets,land deal money etc.-showing ambition? Is running one of the smallest squads in the division, with virtually no cover in the predictable event of an injury pile-up in this physical league showing ambition?What evidence is there to suggest it will suddenly change now?

The board are NOT on the same side as the supporters IMO because in their eyes we HAVE been successful in the last 3 seasons-we have made large profits,the ground is still selling out and the off-field ventures that Munby admitted the board were obsessed with are coming along very nicely. For supporters the performance of the team on the pitch is everything, but i`m afraid that all the evidence indicates that to the current board it is merely a side issue.

I think that Grants comments may well be intended to put pressure on the board to match his ambitions with cash in the close season.However i think that if he seriously expects to get a decent sum to spend rather than a fraction of the profit we will make on Earnshaw and Etuhu he is in for a very rude awakening.

[:(][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

So, the NCFC board aren''t responsible or accountable for anything at the club? They don''t make collective decisions that determine the fluctuatin'' and yo-yo-ing 5 year plan thingy then? ''Oops'', from 8 million to 20+ million (managable) debt, all this, even after ground development, selling land, and money from food, sponsorship, merchandise, various off the field activities, miniscule playing squad and very healthy attendances in just 10 years.

That''s down to Terry the Kit-Monkey and the award winning Groundsman......silly me.

If I may be serious, the board aren''t in my opinion on the same wavelength as the fans. They''re business people first - and if you really believe they''re just in it for the love of the club.........HA! No, I don''t really think they are. 

I suppose that ''Roman Iamveryrich'', was born with Blue Chelski blood pumpin'' through his veinski''s when he popped out, and was determined to accrue a fortune just to give a few roubles to the cause and hoist Chelsea to the dizzy heights of success, and all for no return! Maybe........?

If hypothetically, we had Bernard Matthews instead of Deals no Deals as our major benefactor/icon - would we have Turkey breeding sheds around the stadium, instead of corporate hospitality, eatery''s and fine cuisine? Just a thought.

I may be a cynic, but I don''t think the board have the same ambitions as the fans.......and if they do, they have different priorities to what we desire and yearn for. Get it right on the pitch, then develop the stadium. We did alright with a wooden fence running down one side of the pitch for a large majority of our Championship winning season.

It''s your personal prerogative to follow what you believe in Nutster, as it is mine to disagree with you. This October, will be the true indicator......

Oh, and I really do think you are an apologist for the NCFC board.......[:P] 

[quote user="Mello Yello"][:(][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

So, the NCFC board aren''t responsible or accountable for anything at the club? They don''t make collective decisions that determine the fluctuatin'' and yo-yo-ing 5 year plan thingy then? ''Oops'', from 8 million to 20+ million (managable) debt, all this, even after ground development, selling land, and money from food, sponsorship, merchandise, various off the field activities, miniscule playing squad and very healthy attendances in just 10 years.

That''s down to Terry the Kit-Monkey and the award winning Groundsman......silly me.

If I may be serious, the board aren''t in my opinion on the same wavelength as the fans. They''re business people first - and if you really believe they''re just in it for the love of the club.........HA! No, I don''t really think they are. 

I suppose that ''Roman Iamveryrich'', was born with Blue Chelski blood pumpin'' through his veinski''s when he popped out, and was determined to accrue a fortune just to give a few roubles to the cause and hoist Chelsea to the dizzy heights of success, and all for no return! Maybe........?

If hypothetically, we had Bernard Matthews instead of Deals no Deals as our major benefactor/icon - would we have Turkey breeding sheds around the stadium, instead of corporate hospitality, eatery''s and fine cuisine? Just a thought.

I may be a cynic, but I don''t think the board have the same ambitions as the fans.......and if they do, they have different priorities to what we desire and yearn for. Get it right on the pitch, then develop the stadium. We did alright with a wooden fence running down one side of the pitch for a large majority of our Championship winning season.

It''s your personal prerogative to follow what you believe in Nutster, as it is mine to disagree with you. This October, will be the true indicator......

Oh, and I really do think you are an apologist for the NCFC board.......[:P] 

[/quote]

My thoughts precisely....as I can''t believe anybody could be so outwardly naive without actually being paid for it!

Togetherness along with any atmosphere in the ground can only occur naturally.  To try to create something out of nothing is better left to magicians....but there certainly ain''t one of those in any shape or form at Carrow Road these days........

To be honest does it really matter whether the fans, squad or board are all united or not? 

All three are going to SAY the same thing -they NEED to avoid relegation and WANT to gain promotion within the next 3 years.   If all three say the same thing are we all together?  Does anyone honestly beleive that there is ANYONE connected to the club who doesnt want promotion?   The issue will always be around the perceived desire around wanting promotion.  

Whatever our difference on this and other fora (? - I know that not right - can you ell me the right one dicky?)) all fans want promotion,  how its the how it is acheived that divides us - some are happy to try the wolves/newcastle approach and spend loads of money trying,  risking a tahn, leeds or rotherham in the process whiile others prefer a more cautious living within our meas approach to the same goal.  Which one works best?   For me spending money helps but as Wolves, Liverpool, Newcastle, Spurs, Leeds, Middlesborough etc etc have shown spending shed loads of money doesnt always work.  For every Blackburn, Fulham, Wigan & Birmingham (probably this year) there is a Norwich, Watford, Sheff Utd,  possibly Preston, Shef weds or colchester this year who have not spent a shed load of cash cashingt he same dream we have.

Even in the club togetherness on the how isnt key between board and playing side isnt key - although it clearly helps if there are not internal tensions.  Personally I work for an industry leading unit, outperforming our competitors by at least 2:1 ratio on the last benchmarked data.   However ''The Management'' are focused on managing resource expense costs while I know that the unit could comfortbaly double its performance (nine digit impact) with the investment of a 3-6 staff on around £15k pa.   That is a fundamental different point of view yet my unit are aiming to increase our advantage from the same resource against other organisations who have 10 times the dedicated staff we have.

Its the same for Peter Grant - he knows the financial constraints he has to work within and it is his job to build a team within those that can compete for promotion.    What is key for PG is getting the togethrness that NN talks about in his players,  as my unit has, around delivering competetive football for each other week in week out.  No one player can give city promotion next season. As Preston and colchester (even sunderland are hardly a team of stars)  have shown a united team is worth far more than its component parts - and that canonly be acheived by every squad member wanting promotion from the start and being willing to give his all for his team mates so they can all acheive that dream. 

Togetherness at Colney and on the pitch counts - elsewhere its just a nice to have.

Mystic - It''s entirely possible that the board has different priorities from the fans because we all see things differently and I''m sure have different priorities amongst ourselves.

The whole reason for my post yesterday was the comments from Peter Grant saying that the board, himself and the fans want the same things. I found it especially interesting having read the Richard Balls article the night before. What I think is the truth is that the disappointment of the last two seasons has left people feeling let down by the board. But Marshall, Lappin, Fotheringham, Brown and Chadwick all came in during the January window and I don''t remember Grant being unhappy with the backing of the board (in the way that Worthington seemed to be in the summer) and he seems happy enough now if his comments yesterday are to be believed.

Where we are now is mid-table, which is where we have been for the last two seasons. The board have said they expect us to be challenging for promotion which is certainly something we haven''t done in the last two seasons. I have no idea whether the board should continually make statements to clarify their future plans, I just think that Grant would be making statements if he didn''t feel they were backing him.

Mr. Carrow - the evidence to suggest it''s going to change is in the comments Peter Grant made that you were so flippant about. As I keep saying those were the reasons for my posts. You obviously believe he was insincere in his comments.

I don''t think the board believe we have been successful in the last 2 years but they may well feel some of the non-football revenue streams they are setting up have been successful. I honestly don''t believe this board see football as a side issue and if you think that the non football revenue streams prove otherwise then you may want to look at other clubs in this league. Southampton for one have just recognised the need for non-football revenue streams as they come to terms with the realities of Championship football.

Mello - I believe that Delia Smith and Michael Wyn Jones are fans of the club.. I really do think they are.. honest Guv I do! But I believe that Neil Doncaster is a business man with an interest in football who maybe likes the club a little and that Roger Munby is a PR Man who is a bit of a fan too. I don''t know anything about the others, wouldn''t even know who they were if I met them.

I also believe that because of the way the club was run during the two years we had parachute money that we maybe have a fighting chance of holding on to our better players next season. It''s entirely possible that we could have spent bigger and got back to the Premiership but it''s just as likely that we would have failed. We didn''t do it so we will never know. There was really no choice with the old South Stand, but I agree any further development of the stadium would be crazy and unnecessary.

I always follow what I believe in Mello and I am used to being disagreed with. However I find your manner of  disagreement agreeable [*-)][8-)] I still think you are Richard Balls though [:P]

ZLF - You are assuming that they will all say the same thing - that we need to avoid relegation and want to gain promotion in the next 3 years. My post was based on something that the manager actually said. It wasn''t an earth shattering statement but clearly if you believe he is sincere then Peter Grant believes that he has the backing of the board and that their ambition matches his own and that of the fans. I hadn''t heard this before and it doesn''t seem to fit very well with Richard Balls article the previous evening.

For the club to achieve promotion it is not important that there is togetherness between board, manager, team and fans. If the manager and his players respond to the siege mentality then it''s entirely possible that an atmosphere of protest and unrest could be the key. That way we could end up protests against the board at 2:30, booing of the players names at 2:55 and another 3 points at 4:50!

Surely from a fans point of view that togetherness that we had before is a much better atmosphere than the more recent atmosphere of recrimination. It''s not like I am posting these things at a time the board had failed to act, I am posting them at a time when we have a new manager who is re-shaping the team with (he say''s) the boards backing.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

To be honest does it really matter whether the fans, squad or board are all united or not? 

All three are going to SAY the same thing -they NEED to avoid relegation and WANT to gain promotion within the next 3 years.   If all three say the same thing are we all together?  Does anyone honestly beleive that there is ANYONE connected to the club who doesnt want promotion?   The issue will always be around the perceived desire around wanting promotion.  

[/quote]

The board saying they want promotion is like saying they want to win the lottery.  What I want to know is whether they intend to buy a ticket.

[quote user="Mr.Carrow"]

For supporters the performance of the team on the pitch is everything, but i`m afraid that all the evidence indicates that to the current board it is merely a side issue.

I think that Grants comments may well be intended to put pressure on the board to match his ambitions with cash in the close season.However i think that if he seriously expects to get a decent sum to spend rather than a fraction of the profit we will make on Earnshaw and Etuhu he is in for a very rude awakening.

[/quote]

Totally agree with this.  Considering the inflated salaries poor players like Donk, Hughes and co are on, I can''t see much money being available in the summer.

Our board has no ambition, their actions prove this.  Yes they want to be in the premiership, but they aint gonna do bugger all to help us get there.

[quote user="mystic megson"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

The board saying they want promotion is like saying they want to win the lottery.  What I want to know is whether they intend to buy a ticket.

[/quote]

Our board  had to be convinced into buying the winnning ticket last time we got promoted [:S].  If it wasnt for the serious pressure from manager, fans and local media our inept boatrd probably wouldnt have forked out for Hucks.

They also decided to buy a ticket after the lottery was already over in the premiership.  Very poor from some very inept people.

Have to agree with a lot of things said in this topic. In principle I agree with the OP, that by supporting the team, manager and board it can only have a positive effect on the performances. The problem is that it''s nowhere near enough, a lot more is needed from the board (hard cash) and it''s not being provided.

With all of the money being poured into the Premiership and now the Championship either directly or due to trickle down, our boards long-term plan to become more profitable from external ventures and thus able to increase squad size and purchase quality signings to gain promotion is ultimately doomed to failure. Transfer fees and player wages are rising exponentially higher than what can be generated by the external money making ventures of Norwich, which leads to a circle of decline causing our club in effect to become poorer and poorer by comparison. Given that there is no way external revenue for us can come close to revenue gained by being in the Premiership / parachues, I fail to see the logic of making that the focus to bring us success.

Not exactly a new problem, but one that is getting increasingly difficult to overcome without the aid of a sugar daddy. What I find particularly annoying is that we had our chance to break out of the circle without that pot of gold, we were promoted to the golden land, and rather than investing fairly heavily in some quality signings (giving us a good chance even if relegated to bounce back again and yo-yo for a few years if needed) we invested in the future by taking the "safe" and ultimately self defeating option.

Delia and Co obviously love NCFC and want success for us, their past actions prove this beyond a doubt to me, but I feel that they have become too complacent and scared to take some of the necessary risks. Much rather to attempt to maintain the status quo than risk being the woman who brought Norwich to bankruptcy. Time is running out (and may well already have) for teams with our financial clout to make it to the Premiership without a sugar daddy or a very heavy dose of luck.

[quote user="mystic megson"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Rest assured they most certainly don''t Mystic... rest assured!!!

The "togetherness" thingy was as a result of the feel good factor surrounding our surprise visit to the play off finals, followed by our fleeting visit to the Prem. The club harnessed this feel good factor, and fuelled it with bold (and now as it turns out ill advised) statements about the future direction of Norwich City FC. What do we get now, either messages of prudence or absolutely bugger all else. As a fan (and shareholder) I have absolutely no idea what the 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 year plan of my club is. The fans have demonstrated once again absolutely staggering loyalty in the face of mediocrity, it is time for the manager, players and board to drag their sorry arses up to the same level.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"][quote user="mystic megson"][quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Our board  had to be convinced into buying the winnning ticket last time we got promoted [:S].  If it wasnt for the serious pressure from manager, fans and local media our inept boatrd probably wouldnt have forked out for Hucks.

They also decided to buy a ticket after the lottery was already over in the premiership.  Very poor from some very inept people.

[/quote]

Agree with alot of what you say CJF but i think people need to be continually reminded that the only reason the board pushed the boat out for Hucks/Svensson/Mckenzie to provide the final push for promotion was because they were directly payed for by the fans through the share issues. Even Ashton was only bought because of a £1.5million budget surplus caused by the fans not redeeming the `B`preference shares. Apart from a minor splurge at the start of the Prem.season the only money this board has spent on the team has either been the sums pumped in by the fans or a small fraction of the sums recieved from Francis/Ashton/Green etc. And some people thank them for it. Amazing.

Mr Carrow - Thanks for reminding us of yet another example of how loyal Norwich City fans are, when all the figures are bandied around about much it is alleged the club spent on Hucks and Ashton, people forget the money raised through the share option and the non redemption of bonuses,