Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Watford in for Earnshaw?

Can''t see him wanting to go from one championship team to another. Given how religated teams have struggled to produce in the following season I just couldn''t see it.

The funny thing about Watford is that they think that they are a Premiership team. They never should have got to the top league and when they were there they were shocking. Earnshaw would be mad to go to that run-down stadium playing for an average championship team who play long ball more than even we do!

He would only go to the Premier League ... watch out for Sunderland, Derby or Reading

OTBC

[quote user="ricky knight"]Why the hell would he want to go there?[/quote]

For higher wages & to team up with Bouazza?

If Grant can squeeze another half a million out of Watford for Earnshaw''s services he''ll defiinitely go, ''though the chances of him going for the asking fee are still high.

Never mind, we have a stike force of Brown, Martin & possibly Robbie Simpson to look forward too. [:(]

Smaller club

Smaller crowds

Lower wage structure than most championship teams despite being in the premiership!

Makes no sense.

Another rumour about Earnie

Only see him going somewhere like blackburn or pompey

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]i think we can wave cherio to earnie £6m and dicko £1.8m in the summer.  hand on heart we''re an average champs side - if a better offer came along who wouldn''t go???
[/quote]

Since when did 20 league defeats (and still counting) in one season equate to average. We''re a below average championship team with an above average chance of going down next season.

In a nutshell WE ARE RUBBISH ! 

It wouldn''t be that bad a thing to sell him to be honest,albeit he isn''t fully fit, but he has looked very iffy this season, yes he has got us goals, but some games he has been invisible.

With Renton and Martin coming into the mould as well as Blake and Healy now available from Leeds....he wouldn''t be sorely missed and the money could be very useful.

If Earnie goes he goes.  No one man should be bigger than the club.  I personally hope he will stay, but if we are honest with ourselves we are a small club and would not ever be able to reach his level of ambition, unless we were bought out by a yank or someone else rich.  He is a top top player and as he has prven, can cut in the premiership with the 14 or so he scored for WBA to keep them up.  In order for Norwich to rebuild it is highly likley the club will flutter their lashes at the first club that gets the chequebook out.  Sadly it has always been this way as we are predominently a selling club.  If we can get 1.8 million for Dickson I would snap their hand off.  Far too inconsistent and lacks urgency and skill. 

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]

Can''t see him wanting to go from one championship team to another. Given how religated teams have struggled to produce in the following season I just couldn''t see it.

[/quote]

They really struggle, Brum 1st, Sunderland 2nd, WBA 4th, sorry to be picky but facts are facts

nobody in there right mind will pay more than 3 or 4 mill for earny! if you think we will get 6 mill for him you are in serious need of help

[quote user="Bacon Roll"][quote user="Hardhouse44"]

[/quote]

They really struggle, Brum 1st, Sunderland 2nd, WBA 4th, sorry to be picky but facts are facts

[/quote]

Wasn''t it Munby who went on record earlier this season about how hard it is for relegated clubs to bounce back?  Straight from the Bumper Book of Lame Excuses . . .

[quote user="baldyboy"]nobody in there right mind will pay more than 3 or 4 mill for earny! if you think we will get 6 mill for him you are in serious need of help[/quote]

Yet again more evidence of your amazing coaching foresightg I see Baldyboy....

Like I said an FA badge means Sweet FA... your knowledge of football is still ZERO!!!

Quite frankly, I''d be shot of him. Boothroyd and Malky would probably use him in their team properly.

Problem is that neither he nor Hucks does defence - and two of that type cannot exist together in one team in the modern game. Also each of them is such a ''star/big  player'' in the current City set-up that it would become a major issue one way or the other if either were left out of the starting line-up when fit.

Most of you who are honest with yourselves and prepared to eschew emotion will agree. It''s the same reason  why Bryan Robson and Earnie couldn''t take tea in the end. 

Get a good fee, tell him thanks and good luck...............and then cherry-pick a goalkeeper, a centre-half, and a holding midfielder from the lower leagues. And then sign former City striker Jamie Cureton on a two year performance-based contract.

Then insist that our major shareholders repay the 24-25,000 crowds and the 20,000 season ticket holders by dipping their hands in their pockets to fund two high quality season long loans of ''premiership quality''. This can be done by working with West Ham (Grant), Man Utd (Phelan), Birmingham (Bruce), London clubs (especially Spurs) in general (only 2 hours away by train), Celtic (Grant) etc etc.

I guarantee that this scenario would get us promotion within 2 years minimum.[:D]

But it won''t happen.[:(]

Why won''t it happen? Quite simply because our NCFC board is not sufficiently focussed on core business - football, and success.[:(].

OTBC

P.S. This advice is copyrighted, but offered gratis to our board.[^o)][:^)]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Quite frankly, I''d be shot of him. Boothroyd and Malky would probably use him in their team properly.

Problem is that neither he nor Hucks does defence - and two of that type cannot exist together in one team in the modern game. Also each of them is such a ''star/big  player'' in the current City set-up that it would become a major issue one way or the other if either were left out of the starting line-up when fit.

Most of you who are honest with yourselves and prepared to eschew emotion will agree. It''s the same reason  why Bryan Robson and Earnie couldn''t take tea in the end. 

Get a good fee, tell him thanks and good luck...............and then cherry-pick a goalkeeper, a centre-half, and a holding midfielder from the lower leagues. And then sign former City striker Jamie Cureton on a two year performance-based contract.

Then insist that our major shareholders repay the 24-25,000 crowds and the 20,000 season ticket holders by dipping their hands in their pockets to fund two high quality season long loans of ''premiership quality''. This can be done by working with West Ham (Grant), Man Utd (Phelan), Birmingham (Bruce), London clubs (especially Spurs) in general (only 2 hours away by train), Celtic (Grant) etc etc.

I guarantee that this scenario would get us promotion within 2 years minimum.[:D]

But it won''t happen.[:(]

Why won''t it happen? Quite simply because our NCFC board is not sufficiently focussed on core business - football, and success.[:(].

OTBC

P.S. This advice is copyrighted, but offered gratis to our board.[^o)][:^)]

[/quote]

BBB, you make some excellent points.....with the exception of the all important one. Your "guarantee" of promotion is not worth the keystrokes rendered.

YC is right, I am afraid to say it is going to take a lot more than a few quid here an there on lower league players and season long loans. We will be up against three teams relegated from the Prem that will have millions to spend and those teams that fail to go up via the play offs. In my opinion next season is "sh1t or bust", as the gap will only get bigger and bigger with the three clubs that come down from the Prem next season being even richer thanks to the extra money pumped in by Sky. As I mentioned before the Brum chairman has estimated that promotion to the Prem is worth £40 to £50 million to them, in my opinion we need to splash the cash in attempt to get back in the Prem next season, if we fail we should still have three or four players that we could sell to recoup some money, if we suceed well wahay!!. To me it is a simple question of "risk and reward", and to be honest after Earnshaw who would we have left to sell that would command a substantial transfer fee?

tribal football is the most unrelyable football site i hav ever seen, dont listen to a thing on there. i once heard gazza was coming out of retirement to join us after hed been sacked from kettering