Sign in to follow this  
Archie

henderson

"I just take every game as it come and live my life," he said. "It''s excellent, I have a beautiful girlfriend, Eleanor, a wonderful mum and dad, brothers and sisters. Life is good, life is always good for me, I always smile. I just love being alive."

after those comments,how can you leave him out????

Let the lad play - and give him all your support - he can and will do a job for us.

If he takes his opportunity, gets through the final 10 games, and helps us get into the Prem he''ll be all the more confident next season.

Stop saying we need to replace him when we don''t. By all means get some cover for him but I say "let him play".

That made me laugh too! he''s obviously really buzzin right now. He seems to be the type to be in the clouds when everything''s going right but in the doldrums when they''re not, bit like Rivers!

A good, hard working, honest lad. OK he may not be the best yet but were you when you were only 19. Im nearly 50 and Ive still got nowhere. So keep on trying hard Hendo and we will stay off your back. Get lazy like a certain Mr Francis and youll certainly get some stick.

what a t*t

after a performance like that he should never be considered again. dont reply telling me hes too young so leave him alone. whatever the reason is he isnt good enough. hes bad to the point hes a hinderence to the team. cant attack cant defend. Id prefer to see jarvis, who actually looks like a genuinely decent player, played out of position on the right wing ahead of henderson.

That''s exactly the sad thing though - Hendo is NOT lazy at all, and yet still gets stick. It seems the face doesn''t fit with a few of our harder to impress fans.

Speaking of which, do you think that there are a fair few people at Carrow that just don''t like Matty Svensson?

obvioulsy the constructive help of NJR is spurring Hendo on during games.the very worst people to boo off the pitch are the youngest.i wouldnt say jarvis has set the world alight,but we need to gove these players time to get better.after all mcveigh wasnt brilliant until that cardiff season,kenton was usually out of sorts until he grew up,so if the boo boys never want a good home grown player again then carry on as you are

NJR I think it''s fair to say that you are a t*t. What kind of stupid comments are they? Hendo is very talented, if not a bit inexperienced. We''re not going to make him into a good player by slating everything he does. I think what he said is wonderful. He''s obviously got his feet on the ground. What would you want him to say? "Yeah, well, I just, you''know want more money, and you''know want to play and stuff"

Well done Hendo.

NJR, I''ve got a question for you, have you ever played professional football? Its hard and anyone who can play proffesional football at such a young age must ba atleast half decent!

NJR, if you could only hear me booing you now.

In fact, if your name was announced in the first eleven I''d boo you before the game even started. Then I''d wait for you to make a mistake, and boo you again.

Hendo''s a Norwich boy, a Norwich fan, a good player, an England u-19, versatile, committed and determined. You have less committment than Raymond De Waard after a night out with Fernando Derveld.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Sentiment is a wonderful thing - but it doesn''t win you football matches. Hendo''s performance the other night was shocking and age is no excuse especially in the heat of a promotion battle.

I think Hendo has potential, but we need to bring him in when he can start to realise it. It should be the reserves and friendlies for him for now.

In the absence of a loan signing and Rivers, it''s time to give Jarvis a crack at right midfield, he did more in 10 minutes than Hendo did all match.

You lot know why hes saying he loves being alive dont you? He unfortunately had a brother Tommy who was also with us in around 1997 die in a tragic car crash, so i think thats what he was refering to when he made them comments if they sound a bit strange.

19 years old yet still had the maturity to remember when to implement a set piece training ground routine to break the deadlock, open the floodgates and keep our bid on track.

Those who criticise Hendo criticise Worthington so lay off.

NJR.......so do u remember your first real job!!!....pressure...didn''t want 2 let anyone down? tried 2 hard??? but were you as successful as Henderson at the age of 19...dont think so....he need''s 2 play...he has real potential .....(QUOTE)if you dont have anything nice to say don''t say anything at all...

DumbleDelia,

How dare you say that NJR is a t*t; they''re useful. In contrast, NJR''s comments are about as useful as an ash-tray on a motorcycle.

I dont think there is any doubt about Henderson''s talent I think its just at this stage of the season people are understanbly edgy and you need your most experienced players and a team that gels Its seems that Henderson isnt much liked by the other senior players (he went to Worthy to celebrate his goal and his arrogance in yesterdays paper about claiming the goal was a little hard to swallow) I am sure he does have a nice girlfiend mum dad etc but so I assume do Jim Brennan Phil Mulryne etc but is that a good enough reason to keep him in the team .

NJR - listen to me very carefully - I will say this only once....

What Worthy said about the fans after Tuesday - he meant you

ok, NMTD Worthy was not refering to me. i didnt boo once and sang the whole 90 minutes. I kept my frustrations inside and that is why i felt the need to vent them in my post afterwards. admittedly i was maybe a little bit harsh but still i just dont want to see him in the team. You all tell me hes too young and inexperienced and so i should lay off him, so youre really just agreeing hes not up to it. Loan him out and if he comes back resembling a professional footballer then give him a chance.
im not opposed to seeing younger players given a chance, infact id like to see shackell and jarvis given more games, especially if we secure promotion before the end of the season. I just think we have much better options than henderson.

Being young and inexperienced isn''t his fault though NJR. He''s not going to get any better if we slate him whenever he has a bad game. Give him a few years, let him get a couple of season''s under his belt and THEN we''ll see what he''s like.

And by the way I think he''s more than resembling a professional footballer now.

Well NJR - your latest post is certainly more rational that your first, and everyone is entitled to their opinion. I happen to think Hendo is up to it - his age and experience are irrelevant to me - you don''t - so we disagree there. Do you think he''d be a junior England international if he was useless?

I don''t doubt that you sing your heart out, and it was more the ''attitude'' that came across in your first post that I was refering to.

I strongly believe that the carrot is better than the stick. Support and encouragement along with enstiling a drive and determination through the odd ''hairdryer'' will always produce a better result than meerly calling someone a useless t*t etc.

It''s Worthy''s job to pick the best team - if Hendo is on the pitch - then he''s the best player for the job. Its then our job to give the support and encouragement he needs - especially now.

NJR, i have to agree witht he rest of the posters here. Fair enough, he''s had a couple of games where he''s not played to the best of his ability, but then tell me any player (thierry henry excluded) who doesn''t have a few games where they''re pretty tosh. At least when he''s playing crap he still puts in the effort and tries to get involved, in the hope that his confidence will return. he''s only 19, yet he''s playing in a fantastic team that''s top of the first division. obviously, the boy has talent. give him a break and let''s all see how he progreses over the next few months. he''ll come good. best things come to those who wait.

fair enough, and i agree completely, it is worthingtons choice and ill support whoever he picks 100 % at the game- thats why i didnt say anything negative or boo then. If ian henderson does read these pages then im very sorry hendo.

p.s. i think its great he feels like a kid at heart - even if it means he plays like a kid at football.....again, VERY sorry Hendo

At the risk of dragging this out, i have to take issue with the assertion that we have "far better options" on the right. What options are they then? Lets go through them:

1. McVeigh - We see so little of the player we know he can be when he''s out there he may as well not be.
2. Mulryne - Tried before, shocking!
3. Francis - Tried before, even more shocking
4. Edworthy - possibly but do you really want to pull him out of the position he has commanded so well since the day he pulled on the yellow and green
5. Briggs - apparenltly his favoured position but untried and he has been far from setting the world alight in the reserves
6. Rivers - should be a genuine candidate, in terms of potential, but has had too many chances and has failed to grasp them every time, unlike Henderson who has made big contributions when he as been called upon - Walsall, Millwall, Binners, Gills. Rivers called upon against... Bradford! Just too inconsistent.
7. Jarvis - yes, agreed would like to see, but may leave RB position too exposed for NWs liking.
8. Holt - see Edworthy
9. Brennan - suggested before for his ability to cut in and let rip but a no goer for me when it comes to defending the right flank and crossing.
10.Henderson - best overall option out of all the above.

Now we have Cooper, we''ll see what NW has in mind but it still looks like another square peg for a round hole to me.