Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

Good Riddance Leeds utd

All im going to say is good Riddance Leeds!

Their fans are arrogant, they seem to think they have a god given right to premiership football, and seem to think that everyone else is smaller than them.

they are still living in the 70''s, when they were considered a "force" in Englsih football.. yet struggled to acheive much in the game even then.

they played with fire and got burnt! now they want veryone else to feel sorry for them! they have a weasel as a manager and i for one hope they languish down there for years!

good riddance!

jas :)

More to the point, what about improving our team with the players who wont be wont to be playing there next season.

What about Healy? Maybe he would be a success this time around. I didnt rate him here last time, but its obvious that he can score goals at this level. Frazer Richardson, good midfielder, and Kevin Nicholls.

Agree that the Leeds fans deserve what they get, but its still a shame to see a big club to dwindle like they have.

I will say this quietly, but it''s the first time in history that I have cheered an Ipswich goal!

Going down could not have happened to ''nicer'' club.

Oh dear.......

Don''t rejoice too much ''cos we''ll be swapping places with them next season.  Gloating is never a wise move and if it can happen to Leeds....it can sure as hell happen to City. The big difference though is that they are likely to come straight back up...whereas we''ll be down there for an eternity.

Forest...Bristol City....Bradford etc etc. If the Leeds fans are arrogant about the status of their club...what are you doing with an attitude like this then?

I''ve always had a soft spot for them, and, to be fair, the vast majority of their fans are decent people-passionate, yes, loud, yes, vocal, most definitely-but FFS, they have a good proportion of nutters -and they aren''t a minority, there are a lot of them- who have always dragged the club down to the level beyond that of the gutter.

As they did yesterday.

I''ve seen quite a lot of them over the last decade or so , knowing supporters and people at the club, and the football they played at the beginning of O''Leary''s tenure was breathtaking at times-however, they wouldn''t live within their means, and I remember well a friend of mine saying, and he is Leeds mad, that, when they signed Ferdinand, on that very day, he said "...that''s it, we''re finished now..." -how prophetic was that? And I don''t think he was the only one who, deep down, felt that way.

Despite papering the cracks, Bates and the current regime have only done a damage limitation exercise during their time there-the club badly needs new investment and a takeover this Summer, else it is almost certain that they will start next season in administration and on minus 10 points. Word around the ground and club yesterday was that the consortium fronted by Graeme Souness that tried to buy out Wolves a while ago are looking to secure Leeds and buy the club outright, the value of the club would have dropped after their relegation yesterday so it looks as if new investors may pick up the club for a nominal sum providing they honour all of the debts and ensure that the ground and training complex is repurchased.

Even in their current dire state though, Leeds remain a massive club, in terms of potential if nothing else-they have the support, the infrastructure, they are a one team City-the biggest City in the UK I think that only has one team-and the history. Relegation might have been the best thing to happen to them as it makes the club affordable and will make people see the potential they have. I suspect that they will be back within 3-5 years, maybe not as a Champions League side again, but up there with the Everton''s, Tottenham''s and Newcastle''s. The sad fact is, that, even now, comparing Leeds to us, I reckon 9/10 investors would still look to them because of what they (Leeds) might become, something which, in fairness, we may never be able to realise-though heres hoping!

You can only hope that their moronic "followers" will now abandon the club altogether and let the decent people who run it and their decent fans get on with the job of rebuilding.

I would like to join you in this celebration, i and all the other Leicester fans are delighted by this news, not just because we hate leeds, but because of Dennis Wise (sure you all know the story).

Every year they come to Leicester and they give racist abuse to our fans, its an absolute disgrace and shows there stupidity as Leeds as a city is just as culturally diverse as ours. Their fans behaviour yesterday just about sums them up, good riddance. They deserve it.

I reckon that Healy will be off to join Lawrie Sanchez at fulham. There may be a couple of others we could pick up cheap however.

Oh come on... Gloating is the only thing we have left this season. Don''t take that away from me or I really will have to reach for the razor blades!

[quote user="7rew"]I reckon that Healy will be off to join Lawrie Sanchez at fulham. There may be a couple of others we could pick up cheap however.
[/quote]

If the investment from Souness & Co doesn''t come off, there will be a "fire sale", no doubt about it, and we should be looking to get in there as well-they have some decent players who will certainly be good enough for us next season and better than some of the options touted...for example,

Frazer Richardson-Right Back-Product of the DOL years academy. Ball playing defender, lots of pace, good passer, gets forward, accurate and strong shot. Only about 22/23. Worth a look.

Sean Derry-Midfielder-Ball winner, similar sort of player to Holt, the "water carrier"-gets the ball, breaks down opponents moves and attacks and starts new ones. Fell out with Wise (theres a surprise!) but popular at Leeds up to that time, ditto at Palace, their fans weren''t too chuffed when they sold him. Similar sort of player to...

Kevin Nicholls-Midfielder-Very highly rated at Luton and one of the supposed reasons for their rise and rise before their board sold everyone and it all went pear shaped. Aggressive, but not without skill or passing ability, would complement someone like Dixon well and not only protect him but the back 4 and be there to take the ball out of defence and start an attack. Another who has fallen out with Wise.

Richard Cresswell-Striker-More than decent targetman-ideal sort of player to play alongide Earnie, skilful for size and gets amongst the goals-though fitness suspect. Got a few decent goals towards the end of the season.

Healy is being linked with Celtic.

Another foil for the board to use as an example at the next ''love in'' AGM....."We don''t wanna do a Leeds y''know!"

I don''t care much for Leeds demise.......Forest, Man City to name a couple - have all been there. It happens, and it''s just one of those things that you get when you overspend. I guarantee that if we were relegated nobody would give a monkey''s about ''ickle Norwich trying to punch above their weight''........

We are 20 million in arrears, and it will take a considerable amount of time and huge investment to clear that ''debt''.

Let''s face it, our poor finance is just gonna roll on for the long foreseeable future - and we will just maintain an equilibrium with that debt. We are in reality, never ever going to be ''flush'' and start with a clean slate. It''s not just us as a club that have an extremely large IOU, even the top 4 have considerable debt.......a continuous mortgage with no light at the end of the tunnel. I think that we are going to reverse the previous policy of recruiting has-beens, journeymen etc, and start relying on the youth coming through......it''s more frugal and a less financial burden.

But hey, I''d only waste my season ticket dosh on something more practical and VFM - like Guinness, pies, more Guinness (and pies), sweeties, crisps and chocolate and the Luvverly Ladies - who just love to be entertained in high class pizza, chip/kebab shops and sleazy bars, bazaars and tacky nightclubs.[8][pi][<:o)][B][D][H]

Oh, and regular visits that new lappy dancy club ''Peppermint Hippo'' - or whatever it''s called. Although, I still manage to manage my finances which allow watchin'' the football with frequent frolics and fun![:P] [6]

But don''t tell my missus![:#] 

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

All im going to say is good Riddance Leeds!

Their fans are arrogant, they seem to think they have a god given right to premiership football, and seem to think that everyone else is smaller than them.

they are still living in the 70''s, when they were considered a "force" in Englsih football.. yet struggled to acheive much in the game even then.

they played with fire and got burnt! now they want veryone else to feel sorry for them! they have a weasel as a manager and i for one hope they languish down there for years!

good riddance!

jas :)

[/quote]

bundle of joy are''nt you. Personlly i dont give a rats about other clubs decline, i am more worried it could be us next year under the present set up

[quote user="Old Shuck"]

I''ve always had a soft spot for them, and, to be fair, the vast majority of their fans are decent people-passionate, yes, loud, yes, vocal, most definitely-but FFS, they have a good proportion of nutters -and they aren''t a minority, there are a lot of them- who have always dragged the club down to the level beyond that of the gutter.

As they did yesterday.

I''ve seen quite a lot of them over the last decade or so , knowing supporters and people at the club, and the football they played at the beginning of O''Leary''s tenure was breathtaking at times-however, they wouldn''t live within their means, and I remember well a friend of mine saying, and he is Leeds mad, that, when they signed Ferdinand, on that very day, he said "...that''s it, we''re finished now..." -how prophetic was that? And I don''t think he was the only one who, deep down, felt that way.

Despite papering the cracks, Bates and the current regime have only done a damage limitation exercise during their time there-the club badly needs new investment and a takeover this Summer, else it is almost certain that they will start next season in administration and on minus 10 points. Word around the ground and club yesterday was that the consortium fronted by Graeme Souness that tried to buy out Wolves a while ago are looking to secure Leeds and buy the club outright, the value of the club would have dropped after their relegation yesterday so it looks as if new investors may pick up the club for a nominal sum providing they honour all of the debts and ensure that the ground and training complex is repurchased.

Even in their current dire state though, Leeds remain a massive club, in terms of potential if nothing else-they have the support, the infrastructure, they are a one team City-the biggest City in the UK I think that only has one team-and the history. Relegation might have been the best thing to happen to them as it makes the club affordable and will make people see the potential they have. I suspect that they will be back within 3-5 years, maybe not as a Champions League side again, but up there with the Everton''s, Tottenham''s and Newcastle''s. The sad fact is, that, even now, comparing Leeds to us, I reckon 9/10 investors would still look to them because of what they (Leeds) might become, something which, in fairness, we may never be able to realise-though heres hoping!

You can only hope that their moronic "followers" will now abandon the club altogether and let the decent people who run it and their decent fans get on with the job of rebuilding.

[/quote]

I too have had a soft spot for Leeds since attending University there in the late 1990''s and staying on for a couple of years at the start of the new millenium....

Have mixed feelings about their relegation however...

The over agressive attitude of the city''s inhabitants and Yorkshire people in general has done them no favours I feel...

But like you say there stil are a few people in those parts of the world that can be real diamonds at times and like you say they are very passionate...

It is sad to see a club with such great potential fall from grace so drastically!!

Definately, their fans are thugs, good riddance to bad rubbish

Never have liked Leeds since they relegated us in 95 with the penalty that never, never was a penalty. Thought of them as cheats back then, now I just think of them as arrogant w*nkers

I too have mixed feelings about this one... My ex-girlfriend, with whom I still get on well, is a huge Leeds fan and apparently cried this weekend at the results.  She''s a nice girl who is passionate about her club and football in general and she certainly doesn''t deserve to have her club go so badly wrong!But then she''s just one fan out of tens of thousands, and I have to say that quite a few of them are arrogant and annoying and feel they have some divine right to be in the Prem (not unlike some of our fans, mind).  The whole football club has become some Old Boy''s club with Bates doing very little to actually help Leeds out of the mess they''re in, other than mopping up the plaudits when they win.  And the appointment of Wise was, forgive the pun, most UN-Wise, as is shown by their relegation.I feel bad for my ex, but for the club as a whole? Nah, couldn''t really care less. Ta ta, enjoy Division 3!! [:D]

Just a thought the leeds fans wanted Wise like a moose wants a hat rack, just shows supporters sometimes do know best, just a thought...............................

I have a lot of good friends from Leeds and I am sure that the a lot of their fans are decent passionate people but there is also a very nasty element of racist, yobbish, arrogant idiots that attach themselves to Elland Road (Foxile''s story isn''t the only one of its kind). You only have to look at their disgraceful reaction on Saturday to recognise that this element isn''t an invented myth.

So, whilst I am sorry for the decent fans up there, my overwhelming reaction to this has to be ....HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA, HA..........good riddance to bad rubbish!! 

Saturdays events just highlight the arrogance of the club.

The club does not seem to believe it is necessary to criticise or condemn the behaviour of their fans who ran onto the pitch.   They also seem to believe Ipswich are not deserving of an apology.

How the mighty have fallen! LOL

If we end up selling Earnie then Healy might be worth a bid.