Sign in to follow this  
FatboySlimfast

Half time entertainment!!

It was good to see that at last we had some decent half time entertainment on tuesday night. After two of the contestants smashed their first effort against the bar i thought the holiday was going to be won. While watching this my mate and i got into a discussion about the funniest half time entertainment we had seen. We both agreed that the Ricky Martin impersonator was one of our favourites with both the home and away fans singing "who the ****** hell are you" at the poor chap. Another of our favourites was the first bloke who shot the ball through the hole and won the holiday. He steamed off towards the centre circle, shirt over his head and performed the "klinssman dive" to the cheering crowd.

Has anyone else got any favourites from over the years or can remember any bizzare half time entertainment from any other grounds?

the ''klinsman dive'' bloke sits infront of me in the snake pitt, he''s a great bloke. think he went to chicago in the end, thats got to be the best half time i''ve had at carrow road.

Don''t know about entertainment, but I for one would like to see the back of those two clowns, I have sat week in and week out watching as no body takes any real notice of them.
I say give the money the club pays them to a different charity every home game....

send off the clowns

The best half time entertainment has GOT to be those girls a few years ago (can''t remember when - getting very old now, but it was before the seats were put in the River End). They came out from the corner where the disabled stand used to be, dressed in "caveman" outfits - small bits of fur in strategic places, a la Raquel Welcch in "2000 Years BC", and performed a very raunchy routine on a freezing cold day. They were so good, when the players came out for the second half the crowd were telling them to go back so we could carry on watching the girls.

Don''t tell me I''m the only one who can remember them - I haven''t got that sad and old that I dreamt it - have I???????????????????????

Foghorn - Its definately true we used to have cavewomen... I also remember it being a freezing cold day - it certainly was a sterling effort from these girls.

I believe - but I can''t swear by it - this occurred at the 3-3 against Man Utd when we came back from 3-0 down at half time - or was that the match when we had a brass band that wouldn''t leave the pitch???

Don''t forget about the wonderful pop concert that we were treated to courtesy of Sky TV. Inaugral year of the premiership, Norwich v Nottingham Forrest. Half-time music courtesy of KWS.....Please don''t go, Don''t gooooo.. I''m begging you to stay. Everyone in the lower barclay boogying on down on their seats. Result. 4-2 home win. Welcome to Carrow Rud.

How about "Superstitious Susie B" to tell us what lottery numbers to bet on (but the shareout from 24,000 winners wouldn''t be that great) followed by 1st Wiz comming on to put a jelly legs hex on the opposing team as they come out of the tunnel.

Whilst we''re on about this sort of stuff I once saw a sign about a Psychic Fayre that said it was cancelled due to "unforeseen circumstances".

Oh how I look forward to your posts NMTD, they''re brilliant mate, I go through hell and back each week, combating the dark forces of Numerron Vale on City''s behalf every week!, and what thanks do I get?.

Seriously though we need something like ''the Hammeretts'' girl dance group at half time. Have you seen em?. Ye Gods that would do me some good at the break, I mean they''re big girls arn''t they!. (Wiz nows howls and wimpers at the same time!)

Mind you Mrs Wiz says ''An old dog may still chase sticks, bit it does''nt mean he knows what do with it once he''s caught it!'', Can''t think what she means by that can you?.

Wiz - yep saw the Hammerettes when we were down there earlier this season.

Reminded me of the time my Dad stuffed two Springer Spaniel puppies down his jumper to keep ''em warm in the winter - he was caring like that.

I think i''ll be off for a cold shower.

Tying a few recent threads together, Ist W could come at halftime and tell all those who plan to leave early what they are going to miss.

Wiz

By the way - I hope you don''t think I''m having a laugh at your "hexability" - Hell no - if it works I''m all for it!

Cheers NMTD

Guest CFrost
Want entertainment? Sit next to me in The River End lower Block SL Row B and you''ll soon see what I mean. I get so fed up with it and so does everyone else around us.

oooh that''s the next block from me - i''ll mosy over and have a butchers.

I want to know where the opera singer''s gone. we''ve not seen him for months.

half time entertainment

you mean queuing up for a pie, a pathetic choice of beers (barclay lower, sort this out!!), coffee which has never seen a coffee bean, etc etc

but that is football i guess - what on earth goes on in the name of entertainment on the pitch i have no idea, i am never there to witness it

no entertainment comes worse than atomic kitten at cardiff.75,000 people wanting to watch a football match,not a bloody pop group.
true gazza,i usually get food and drink at h/t,not too bothered what happens at half time,its what happens 45 minutes either side of it,but i''d certainly like to see those cave women

Foghorn - yes, thank God somebody else remembers it as I thought it was another one of those funny dreams I get from time to time. I recall it as being very cold, but I think the match was against West Ham rather than Man U. The first sign that something extraordinary was about to happen came when half the River End forgot about the game and crammed into the corner near the disabled stand to see the cavewomen warming up before their entrance. I think that they were some sort of Hot Gossip imitators, which must date the event to about 20 years ago, who were going to perform that night in one of the city''s nightclubs. It was a complete one off - sadly!

Please, Archie! How can you call Atomic Kitten a pop group? I thought that pop was short for popular! I''ll let you off if you can a) confirm that you are only repeating what somebody else has mistakenly claimed, and b) if you promise never to do it again in reference to that lot. Our singing at FCR is often better!

i''ll do both susie!! i was only repeating what somebody else saud,and i will never say that again,promise!!!!

Tumbleweed, I''m sorry that I cannot appear on the pitch as part of the half-time entertainment but I am always too busy sorting out the misguided opinions of the City Stand regulars who sit near me, i.e. the moaning minnies! Besides, one of the things I have done this season is sew green and yellow designs onto small pieces of plastic canvas and hang them on several door handles in the house for good luck. Don''t think it would be possible to project me demonstrating my crafty talents large enough so that the gathered masses could see, and, for goodness sake, who the heck would be interested in sewing anyway? And as for the green underwear, you will all just have to take my word for it!!! I''ve got to protect those who know me. They have been humiliated enough already!

The post about Splat the Cat made me smile. He was taking the juice out of one of the Groundsmen at half time on Tuesday and very nearlt got a pitchfork through his paw!! I also remember the guy who shot the ball through the hole and won the holiday; he got so hacked off at his pathetic first efforts that he whacked the ball in anger and it fizzed into the hole at about 90 mph!!!

Shame Susie B, but I guess half time sewing won''t quite get things going. Maybe 1st Wizard could stand in the middle with a cauldron and turn a randomly selected away supporter into a toad, or even worse, into Andy Marshall.

Thanks NMTD and Old Yeller - I was begining to think the cave girls were just an old man''s wishful thinking. Mind you, they''d probably be slightly less erotic if you brought back the original ones now, given that it must have been about 20 years ago!

As for which game it was (Man U or W Ham) I haven''t got a clue - I''ve only got one memory of that game! (I would have said "one mammary", but the Moderator would probably take it out - the comment, not the mammary!!)

Following on from crafty susie we could ask Simon Thomas and his Blue Peter chums to do a half time ''quick make''.

How about "Make your own Big Fat Joe effigy"

Step 1 - Take a potato

Step 2 - Err - thats about it - actually I can''t see this taking 15 minutes

Just to do my Ben Elton piece and throw in a "little bit of politics" into this thread....

There was the time, just before the end of the "Chase Out" era, when we were featured on MOTD and Chase deliberately - and I mean spent money here - put loud speakers all around the edge of the pitch and blasted out drivel at about 200 decibles to drown out the half time protests so they wouldn''t get featured on TV.

We got you out in the end though didn''t we Rob.
Couldn''t stand the heat any longer could you Rob.
Good riddance to you Rob.

I swear some people were put on this planet just to wind me up - I must say he did do that job good and proper but thats another story.

The giant inflatable sumos were also good for a laugh, I seem to remember. One of them got knocked over pretty early on in proceedings and spent the whole of the rest of the time trying to right itself, but couldn''t. Now if there are any human sumos out there willing to try this, that could really be good!

According to a freind of mine, a mutual acquaintance (intoxicated at the time) did a Robbie Fowler along the touchline and was hurried out of the ground by the stewards missing the second half. Although I didn''t see this ''Half time entertainment'' I''m sure it was a wonderfull site for the City Stand fans!!