Sign in to follow this  
0peteddMMyyyy0Falseen-USTrue

Surely Safri is out of contract

I spoke to him ast night and he still has one year remaining on his contract and he really really wants to stay!!, but like he said, the descion ait his to make.

he''s contracted till June 2008, so he''ll either be sold or given a new contract in the next few months.

I''ve heard from several different sources that he wants out but until we hear that officially he''s still has a years contract to see out.

[quote user="cityangel"]I''ve heard from several different sources that he wants out but until we hear that officially he''s still has a years contract to see out.[/quote]

disagree.. after seeing how he was at the Lap of honour yesterday he is going to stay... he loves it here and the fans love him.. u could tell by his reaction to chanting his name.

jas :)

The problem with safri is his fitness. His is when fully fit our best central midfield player (not that the competition is that stiff) but how often is he fully fit. If his contract is up or if he has another year, both scenario’s have to be carefully considered. If you can get good money then for a player who is playing only about half a season then you could be tempted. If he''s out of contract and we re sign him the chances are we will have to put him on one of our higher contracts which if he isn''t playing is a big drain as well. I think it''s time for him to decide club of country which has been a big problem with his fitness and take it from there.

Several people on here are saying that safri is a ''great'' player. well great players can go on international duty and not come back injured, get little niggles that keep him out and when he does turn up you can guarentee a yellow card!

Yes he is a good player - when he is there! he is on big wages and i would sell him asap and get someone who will be good and consistently there. ie. kevin nicholls!

ps.

Alot of the above applies to the doc! would love to see both their wages being paid by some other mug!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="cityangel"]I''ve heard from several different sources that he wants out but until we hear that officially he''s still has a years contract to see out.[/quote]

disagree.. after seeing how he was at the Lap of honour yesterday he is going to stay... he loves it here and the fans love him.. u could tell by his reaction to chanting his name.

[/quote]

On my last trip to Norwich, I met a few fans in Colney, and they said QUITE SURELY Safri MUST BE OUT in January 2007 because he had different ideas with Grant, but what''s happen? He''s still there. Rumor is rumor and we can only wait for everything is confirmed. Yes I agree with you jas about he love Norwich and we love him, no reasons he will go because when he is fit, same as Hucks he must be the first name on the team sheet.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

I don''t love him... and after the Doc and Hoovsey he would be the first overpaid reject that I would show the door to this summer!!!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

I don''t love him... and after the Doc and Hoovsey he would be the first overpaid reject that I would show the door to this summer!!!

[/quote]

Based on what exactly Smudger?  Certainly not having seen him play recently.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

So who are your favourite players then Smudger?

a little harsh i think. smudger, is there anything you like about norwich city at all, or are you just critical for the sake of it?

i don''t think safri''s commitment can be doubted by anyone remotely reasonable, to be honest. he''s the first player i look for on the teamsheet most games, because he''s one of the few who''ll consistently put in the effort, while having the skills to back it up.

and as for blaming him for getting injured, that is just silly.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Earnie, Hucks, Etuhu and Shacks

Martin has done ok and is worth a place on the bench next year.... Chadwick, has to be given a chance

Croft, Drury and Colin are ok  as squad players (although I would probably sign somebody to replace them in the starting 11 if I was manager).

I would not give a monkeys if we saw the back of any of the others!!!

[quote user="Kolin Kob"]

a little harsh i think. smudger, is there anything you like about norwich city at all, or are you just critical for the sake of it?

i don''t think safri''s commitment can be doubted by anyone remotely reasonable, to be honest. he''s the first player i look for on the teamsheet most games, because he''s one of the few who''ll consistently put in the effort, while having the skills to back it up.

and as for blaming him for getting injured, that is just silly.

[/quote]

[/quote][/quote]

hehehe yeah right....

Youssef Safri... The poor mans Dickson Etuhu!!!  [N]

About 3 goals in as many years and very little in the way of creativity if you as me.... yeah his defensive duties in front of the back four are ok but so were Gary Holt''s.

Safri is over-rated in my opinion and if I was offered over £500,000 for him then I would offload him.

safri may not be a player who really shines on the pitch, but thats not allways important. The effect he has on the team is more how he affects the other players. When we dont have safri on the pitch it REALLY shows. While safri doesn''t singly do much, he makes the midfield actually work. He rarely makes mistakes, and is a good steady player. He''s one of the few players that can do a decent long ball, and the other midfield players are so much better when he''s on the pitch than when he''s not. So based on that i''d allways have him at least in the squad. If he''s still here next season watch the difference in the performance of the midfield when he''s on the pitch.

I thought you didn''t go to games anymore! Surely you haven''t seen any of Etuhu since he started playing well. What are you basing your view of Etuhu on, because if you were basing his qualities on his performances last season, I would be very surprised that he would be one of your favourite players!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Earnie, Hucks, Etuhu and Shacks

Martin has done ok and is worth a place on the bench next year.... Chadwick, has to be given a chance

Croft, Drury and Colin are ok  as squad players (although I would probably sign somebody to replace them in the starting 11 if I was manager).

I would not give a monkeys if we saw the back of any of the others!!!

[/quote]

I agree with smudger , Safri is overated. Firstly for a ball playing midfielder he is not nearly creative enough and his passing leaves a lot to be desired. Granted he can pass five yards, but he hasn´t got the ability to play a killer ball which is an aspect of City´s game that is not nearly strong enough. Also, for a midfielder he does not move the ball fast enough, so when he plays the tempo of Norwich´s game is slow and often when he is used the playmaker, Norwich lack direction. As a defensive midfielder his tackling is awful and i cannot tell you how many times he gives away silly fouls in dangerous positions, which is a cardinal sin seeing as Norwich´s defense cannot defend set pieces. He also contributes too few goals to be considered a quality midfielder. Now i know you may argue that Makelele doesn´t contribute many goals, but Safri is really no Makelele. In my opinion Safri is not a defensive midfielder of the sort that is needed in the modern game. His positioning leaves a lot to be desired and he doesn´t get on the ball nearly enough. I believe Norwich would be better suited offloading him and replacing him with a player who can actually dictate and control a game. Kevin Nichols is not the answer, as effort is not a substitute for quality.

The simple fact is that Safri seeming so important to the City team show not only how far the team itself has slumped, but also how far the quality of Norwich´s style of play has plummeted.