Sign in to follow this  
Jimbo_Jet_Set

Poorest Player of the Season

I don''t really like posting negative things, but I was just wondering if there was an award for the most underwhelming player this season who would get your vote?

Personally I would nominate LEE CROFT- He has made little or no impact on virtually every game this season. His passing is average and his crossing is quite simply dreadful. Added to that is the fact that he poses little or no goal threat and has been guilty of some atrocious misses this season. For somebody who cost £600,000 (a lot by our standards) I think he has been extremely disappointing.

We have alot poorer players than Lee Croft our worst player this season has to be thorne 8k a week for nothing, get rid!!! lee croft has potential he is quick and can do a job just needs to work on his end product but people forget he is only 21 he has alot to offer yet definatley not to be written off

[quote user="Jimbo_Jet_Set"]

I don''t really like posting negative things, but I was just wondering if there was an award for the most underwhelming player this season who would get your vote?

Personally I would nominate LEE CROFT- He has made little or no impact on virtually every game this season. His passing is average and his crossing is quite simply dreadful. Added to that is the fact that he poses little or no goal threat and has been guilty of some atrocious misses this season. For somebody who cost £600,000 (a lot by our standards) I think he has been extremely disappointing.

[/quote]

Disagree, he did play well in the games especially when I went to see him play during last October, he always want to take the full-backs on which is important. I think Thorne suerly deserved this award, lack of goals scored also got sub when he was a sub! TERRIBLE!!!

you can taek hugh off theree he has been brillinat with his passion and commimetmnet and has made his mistakes almost go away

Fotheringham - came with a big reputation and has done absolutely nothing except for preston away. Hes way too lightweight and his 40 yard freekick against Ipswich summed it up for me. Why is he getting a new contract?

Thorne,Thorne....... & possibly THORNE as well.

Yes Croft has been a little disappointing in places but can''t agree he is the worst

How about Thorne?....... Did I mention THORNE

They have all been awful at times.  Drury was shocking saturday, the doc was shocking against stoke, etuhu has had his moments too.  But I have to agree with everyone else, Peter Thorne, possibly the worst player ever to wear a city shirt.

what are you talking about when you say croft? thorne has been the worst player of the season - croft has not fulfilled his potential this season but is clearly not the worst player of the season

[quote user="deano"]

Fotheringham - came with a big reputation and has done absolutely nothing except for preston away. Hes way too lightweight and his 40 yard freekick against Ipswich summed it up for me. Why is he getting a new contract?

[/quote]

That 40 Yard free Kick summed up a player whom thinks he is better than he actually is.

My worst player of the year goes to Peter Thorne...  What a waste of space.  

[quote user="OliverAllan"]Cave-Brown [/quote]

Surely a wind up to me! His 29th minutes full debut in the league cup was superb, at least he know how to overlap than Andy Hughes

I agree with the majority.

£8,000 a week for no league goals is a pretty poor return to put it generously!

Love these threads!

Popular answer No.1 has got to be Thorne but he wasn''t the poorest player on the few occasions he played, so he was probably the most injured excuse ridden player.

Popular  answer No.2 has to be Doherty. I could really gain some "message board cred" by suggesting this one. But he hasn''t been, neither has he given away most free kicks that cost us goals or most fouls around the box. He is probably our most ungainly awkward player though.

Popular answer No.3 would be Etuhu but he wasn''t either. Neither has he been our most inconsistent player as MOM nominations throughout the season prove. Most used player in the team(50 appearances if he plays on Sunday) but most abused player on these boards. Now McVeigh is not around he probably does have the best song! (How I wish we had something upbeat like that for Hucks rather than the dirge we sing now).

For me, our poorest player, was Paul Gallacher.

stop moaning about a good player he deals with a lot and sends balls into the box when we need it, when dublin went up against saints hughes crossed the ball 4 times,and alos defends well, there would be no piont overlapping croft cos he would play it to earnie or etuhu

I''ll add Matthieu Louis-Jean the man which 3 first names and no matches, let alone goals.

Of the players I saw (not on many occasions, i''ll admit)

- Doherty inspired least confidence, yet did his job well: I see why

people get the impression he is poor even if the stats say otherwise.

- McVeigh and Etuhu looked least bothered: In Etuhu''s case this may be

as deceptive as Doherty''s, he being most visible when not doing

anything as he seems more active (to me) when other Norwich players had

the ball and your attention was naturally elsewhere [noticed this bit

on telly].

- Thorne and Robinson looked the least skilled, and no mitigating circumstances or second looks have changed this opinion.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Love these threads!

Popular answer No.1 has got to be Thorne but he wasn''t the poorest player on the few occasions he played, so he was probably the most injured excuse ridden player.

Popular  answer No.2 has to be Doherty. I could really gain some "message board cred" by suggesting this one. But he hasn''t been, neither has he given away most free kicks that cost us goals or most fouls around the box. He is probably our most ungainly awkward player though.

Popular answer No.3 would be Etuhu but he wasn''t either. Neither has he been our most inconsistent player as MOM nominations throughout the season prove. Most used player in the team(50 appearances if he plays on Sunday) but most abused player on these boards. Now McVeigh is not around he probably does have the best song! (How I wish we had something upbeat like that for Hucks rather than the dirge we sing now).

For me, our poorest player, was Paul Gallacher.

[/quote]

Popular Answer number 1: Peter Thorne - Biggest waste of space at the club at £416,000 for a season.

Popular Answer number 2: Gary Doherty - Certainly not the answer at £364,000 for a season, we are always liable to collapse when he plays.

Popular answer number 3:  Then Etuhu, amazing for a month at the start of the season, his form then didn''t pick up until the season was over for us and we were safe from both relegation and promotion.  The odd tv game apart.....  He is looking good again now.   Lets hope for a good season from him next year, not yet another inconsistent one as he has always deleivered in the past.

As for Gallacher, when you aint great in the air, as he isnt, it doesnt help having players like Donk in front of you.  But you are right, he has been utterly hopeless this year.

I still give the award to Thorne.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

The odd tv game apart.....  [/quote]

So, it could be said Etuhu only plays well when Delia sits with the fans???

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

The odd tv game apart.....  [/quote]

So, it could be said Etuhu only plays well when Delia sits with the fans???

[/quote]

To be honest, if the Etuhu of recent weeks turns up for most of next year he would be a contender for player of the season.  I can''t beleive the admin cut my reasons for voteing money grabber Peter Thorne....  [N]

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]  I can''t beleive the admin cut my reasons for voteing money grabber Peter Thorne....  [N][/quote]

[:D]

But if this thread had been "biggest money grabber of the season" instead of "poorest player" admin would have been even busier! [;)]

Crofts been the most diaspointing.. although how Carl Robinson doesnt receive the vote for the worst player is beyond me! At least Thorne showed some good touches when he played and covered some ground... Robinson just stood there most of the time dreaming of Canada and the MLS

jas :)

easy ,got to be magic hat and the year before did he play then,! more like bobble hat THORNE

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

Andy Hughes.

Quite how he became a pro-footballer is beyond me.

[/quote]

Alex - how many times have you seen Hughes play this season?  Be interested to hear your answer.

[quote user="alex_ncfc"]

Andy Hughes.

[/quote]

Well first of all they are dropped on their parents doorsteps by a crane . . . . . . .

[quote user="Dicky"][quote user="alex_ncfc"]

Andy Hughes.

[/quote]

Alex - how many times have you seen Hughes play this season?  Be interested to hear your answer.

[/quote]

Don''t know why you''d be so "interested", Dick. I''ve seen him play more than enough to make up my mind, both this season and last season, at Carrow Road.

In fact, your inference suggests that he is a better player this season than the last, which I don''t understand, because everyone else can see he''s just as sh*te now than he was then and that''s not going to change in the future.