Sign in to follow this  
Trevor Chilver

Grant and Excuses

I have seen Peter Grant''s yet another excuse for yet another poor performance and I would ask the fans to look at the performance of Roy Keen,  Brian Laws, Geraint Williams, Mick McCarthy to name but a few managers that had arguebly less talented and experienced squads than ourselves and have deliverd better results.

I am sick and tired of this mans excuses; nothing ever changes apart from consistent under performing of his players for which he seems totally unable to influence despite his alleged tough image!

I suspect he is another average coach that cannot hack managment, a poor decision by the board for which I trust they will correct immediatley!

[quote user="Trevor Chilver"]

I have seen Peter Grant''s yet another excuse for yet another poor performance and I would ask the fans to look at the performance of Roy Keen,  Brian Laws, Geraint Williams, Mick McCarthy to name but a few managers that had arguebly less talented and experienced squads than ourselves and have deliverd better results.

I am sick and tired of this mans excuses; nothing ever changes apart from consistent under performing of his players for which he seems totally unable to influence despite his alleged tough image!

I suspect he is another average coach that cannot hack managment, a poor decision by the board for which I trust they will correct immediatley!

[/quote]

If you ever listened to Worthington''s post match bullshit-bingo about positives, Grants post match comments should come as a breath of fresh air to you. The majority of the time he picks out the problems that need to be adressed and seems pretty honest about what''s going on.

[quote user="Safri15"][quote user="Trevor Chilver"]

[/quote]

If you ever listened to Worthington''s post match bullshit-bingo about positives, Grants post match comments should come as a breath of fresh air to you. The majority of the time he picks out the problems that need to be adressed and seems pretty honest about what''s going on.

When this fellah actually does something, as Worthy did BTW, then perhaps he might get my attention.

[/quote]

I agree with Safri15..... hes one of the best ive seen for honesty, says it how it is. Thats the reason so many have got faith in Grant / want to give him a chance. Go onto the Evening News/EDP website and look at some old Worthy post match interviews...... then come back and eat your words.....

maybe you ought to speak to smudger as he makes excuses for not taking up the challenge of playing against ladies without training! if he was as good as he claims he wouldnt need training, would you smudger, but thats just an excuse isnt it? maybe you are scared of being embarassed against ladies.

[quote user="ryan85k"]I agree with Safri15..... hes one of the best ive seen for honesty, says it how it is. Thats the reason so many have got faith in Grant / want to give him a chance. Go onto the Evening News/EDP website and look at some old Worthy post match interviews...... then come back and eat your words.....[/quote]

I don''t need Grant to tell me we play $hite I can see that for myself. Yeah honesty is all very noble but that isn''t going to make as crappy team good. Grants job is to turn this rubbish around it''s the media and fans job to judge the results.

[quote user="baldyboy"]maybe you ought to speak to smudger as he makes excuses for not taking up the challenge of playing against ladies without training! if he was as good as he claims he wouldnt need training, would you smudger, but thats just an excuse isnt it? maybe you are scared of being embarassed against ladies.[/quote]

You should be ashamed for standing with the ladies against your own gender...but then you are the refereeing type aren''t you baldygirl?

Shame on you.........[N]

[quote user="baldyboy"]maybe you ought to speak to smudger as he makes excuses for not taking up the challenge of playing against ladies without training! if he was as good as he claims he wouldnt need training, would you smudger, but thats just an excuse isnt it? maybe you are scared of being embarassed against ladies.[/quote]

No excuses... like I said in Norwich on a time that fits in with me then you are on...

I don''t need any training with a ball...  I would probably need to go for a few runs to get a bit of fitness though... (coz I haven''t been for a run or done anything remotely physical for about a year or more now (apart from bedroom activity) [;)]

Then again you should already know that a 33yr old would need to get a bit of fitness if this was the case (being a world class coach and all  that).

Why if you are such a fantastic coach are you coaching a ladies football team?  Bet it was a desperate measure you had to make in order to score in the bedroom department!!!

oh why is it that all lady footballers are dog ugly too???

As I ''ve said before he''s all talk and no trousers ( errr.. OK then... no kilt).

This week alone, he has said that whatever the result against Southampton the team will give everything, yeah right, two out of 13 did !

He firmly believes that he can motivate the players and con us with his fiery rhetoric, regrettably he is (and we are) rapidly finding out that the "I''m the big boss" attitude doesn''t work, the team shewed that they could produce something in the order of acceptability against Ipswich, only to see that less than a week later it was the passion of the derby atmosphere that really spurred them on and not his verbal outpourings.

I''m absolutely sure that the man is sincere in his naive beliefs, but he has no little or no idea on how to accomplish them, he is at the very bottom of  the" how to be a football" manager learning curve.

Our only hope is that he becomes wise enough, indeed humble enough, to rely heavily on the experienced shoulders of  Duffy and Co. until he has learned the art of  man-management ,which is essential to all managers, no matter how many coaching badges they have. But I doubt his apparent arrogance and know-it-all attitude will allow him to stoop to such a sensible level of conduct.

[quote user="Smudger"]

No excuses... like I said in Norwich on a time that fits in with me then you are on...

I don''t need any training with a ball...  I would probably need to go for a few runs to get a bit of fitness though... (coz I haven''t been for a run or done anything remotely physical for about a year or more now (apart from bedroom activity) [;)]

Then again you should already know that a 33yr old would need to get a bit of fitness if this was the case (being a world class coach and all  that).

Why if you are such a fantastic coach are you coaching a ladies football team?  Bet it was a desperate measure you had to make in order to score in the bedroom department!!!

[/quote]

You mean you don''t use your right hand JUST for typing then smudge ?

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]

[quote user="ryan85k"]I agree with Safri15..... hes one of the best ive seen for honesty, says it how it is. Thats the reason so many have got faith in Grant / want to give him a chance. Go onto the Evening News/EDP website and look at some old Worthy post match interviews...... then come back and eat your words.....[/quote]

I don''t need Grant to tell me we play $hite I can see that for myself. Yeah honesty is all very noble but that isn''t going to make as crappy team good. Grants job is to turn this rubbish around it''s the media and fans job to judge the results.

[/quote]Granted you have a vaild point. However, Worthington''s post match crap was the same every week, even if we we''re crap he''d bang on about work rate and that would make me angrier than us pulling out some shoddy performance. Correct, Grant''s job is to turn this team around, but it''s also the board''s job to give him the money to do so. The media can wind it as far as I''m concerned, and as all of us should remember (because some don''t), the fans job is to support the team. While I''m at it, the fans have been superb for the last few months. Shows that the menality of a few on this board isn''t always replicated amongst the hardcore support. Although I think we knew that anyhow.

Safri 15 - It is wrong to link positive support at games with "negative" posts on this board. When I watch Norwich I always get behind the team, never ever slate our players/manager etc. If I have concerns about the club, the manager, the board etc this is the place I air them. Your post also assumes that all 20,000+ Norwich fans that attend games post on this message board, which I doubt is the case.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Oh, you''re on dodgy ground now Smudger - my wife happens to be a damned good footballer (has represented the RAFin international tournaments in the past) and I can assure you she is not ugly.

I know I shouldn''t rise to the bait, but really you are showing your true ignorant colours with comments like that.

Thats just how I feel Trevor. It''s no good standing up at the end of the match and pointing out what wrong if he can''t sort it out.

This week we had the "I had to play players out of position because of injury" which backs up previous comments like "I''m not one for putting square pegs in round holes"

This week we could have played

Warner

Colin      Spilaine         Shackle      Drury

Fotheringham   Hughes   Etuhu   Huckerby

Earnshaw   Dublin

Not a single player out of position except maybe Fotheringham who plays much better wide than in the centre.

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Oh, you''re on dodgy ground now Smudger - my wife happens to be a damned good footballer (has represented the RAFin international tournaments in the past) and I can assure you she is not ugly.

I know I shouldn''t rise to the bait, but really you are showing your true ignorant colours with comments like that.

[/quote]

An RAF ladies international football tournament........I bet the seats sold out in "years" didn''t they?

Beware Smudger mate...looks like there are some seriously heavy guns out there trying to catch you. Mind you, I heard the Navy ladies team surrendered at half time....and then tried to sell their letters home to the Beano.

Surely the proper definition of a lady footballer is one who can''t or won''t cook....and doesn''t know where the hoover lives.   [N]

Has the football season ended or something ?  The last time I saw this much back-biting and bitching (apart from on Ugly Betty, the wife''s a fan, what can I do) was the end of last season.  Listening to cluck and Smudgers'' hormone replacement therapy-inspired drivel, I find myself longing for the good old days of the Worthy Outers.

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Temp the Revelator"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

An RAF ladies international football tournament........I bet the seats sold out in "years" didn''t they?

Beware Smudger mate...looks like there are some seriously heavy guns out there trying to catch you. Mind you, I heard the Navy ladies team surrendered at half time....and then tried to sell their letters home to the Beano.

Surely the proper definition of a lady footballer is one who can''t or won''t cook....and doesn''t know where the hoover lives.   [N]

[/quote]

hehehe modern women that do know where the hoover lives are like gold dust in this day and age Cluck!!!  [;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

You mean you don''t use your right hand JUST for typing then smudge ?

You beat me to it lappinitup

[/quote]

Shmuck & Cludger - so what have either of you ever achieved in your life then?  Setting aside the fact that you have both insulted my wife in the last couple of posts (which I will deal with separately), to be selected to represent the RAF at any sport is a very high honour indeed and one which makes both me and my wife extremely proud of her achievements.

Your chauvinistic, blinkered and sanctimonious viewpoints are themselves bad enough, but resorting to insulting people''s partners is a step too far.  I expect an apology from you both in due course.

[quote user="7rew"]Smudge, have you not seen Rachel Yankee then?
[/quote]

Rachel Yankee looks like a rough young street youth from a Brixton rap band... does nothing for me I''m afraid!!!

Arsenal''s Rachel Yankee celebrates scoring

The girl on the left looks quite fit though apart from the fact that she needs to be careful of excessive weight training making her legs too muscular and like a mans...

I must admit though maybe there are one or two out there that are capable of giving the average guy a rise!!!

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"]

Shmuck & Cludger - so what have either of you ever achieved in your life then?  Setting aside the fact that you have both insulted my wife in the last couple of posts (which I will deal with separately), to be selected to represent the RAF at any sport is a very high honour indeed and one which makes both me and my wife extremely proud of her achievements.

Your chauvinistic, blinkered and sanctimonious viewpoints are themselves bad enough, but resorting to insulting people''s partners is a step too far.  I expect an apology from you both in due course.

[/quote]

Would "one" apologise to a monkey at Longleat for looking at his testicles?  I think not.

In life some things are so obviously out of place that they attract comment. While I''m pleased that you are proud of your wife for representing the now "famous" RAF ladies football team... please don''t expect all of us to share your excitement.  Do I bang on about my Beginners Swimming Certificate on here? No I don''t....as modesty prevents me from doing so.

Try taking a leaf out of my book and show a little humility now and again....You''ll feel much better for it believe me.......

[quote user="Cluck "][quote user="Temp the Revelator"]

[/quote]

Would "one" apologise to a monkey at Longleat for looking at his testicles?  I think not.

In life some things are so obviously out of place that they attract comment. While I''m pleased that you are proud of your wife for representing the now "famous" RAF ladies football team... please don''t expect all of us to share your excitement.  Do I bang on about my Beginners Swimming Certificate on here? No I don''t....as modesty prevents me from doing so.

Try taking a leaf out of my book and show a little humility now and again....You''ll feel much better for it believe me.......

[/quote]

hehehe... and Quote of the week this week goes to Cluck... fantastic put down sir!!!  [Y]